Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there's a lot of people who are taking that the wrong way; taking it that Torchwood would get cancelled by Starz.

But that isn't really what it says. It talks mainly about how RTD has a lot on his place and how he can't commit to more TW immediately either. It reads to me basically like it'll just be the post-CoE period again: we've had some great shows and everyone's really happy about it but we're done for now, maybe we'll be back, maybe we won't.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

As I saw it, it seems that Starz is concerned how RTD not being involved could impact the series.

It could be an attempt for Starz to make sure they aren't wasting their money (as Davis' involvement would greatly increase the chance of Torchwood fans returning for the series) but it could also show that Starz aren't just interested in making an Americanised Torchwood (even with the original actors in it) and want to keep it as much of a British show as it would be an American production.

For me, it would really come down to someone being able to take over from RTD but still making a fantastic show. Who is still an amazing show with Moffat in charge, so the question is whether or not there is someone would do the same with Torchwood. If yes, then I think that would make Starz interested in a second series.

sigpic

Comment

Give it to the Moff, so RTD stops writing it too
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Personally I think I'd rather wait for Russell to be available to write more Torchwood rather than have a series go ahead without him. I'd feel happier knowing he's looking over the other writers shoulders and making sure they aren't screwing up the British side of things and getting the characters of Jack and Gwen wrong. The thought of an American head writer writing a British/Welsh show and a character like Gwen unsupervised...*shudders*...no thanks.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I'd be curious to know if he's doing anything that would stop him from doing Torchwood (beyond him deciding just not to do it). I know he's doing at least one thing in the US right now, but if that's it, I don't see why he'd not do it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              I'd be curious to know if he's doing anything that would stop him from doing Torchwood (beyond him deciding just not to do it). I know he's doing at least one thing in the US right now, but if that's it, I don't see why he'd not do it.
              Yeah, he's working on some drama right now so if there has to be another year taken out so he can do that and then work on more Torchwood then so be it. If it keeps Russell in the driving seat of the show then another year without Torchwood on TV is worth it I reckon.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/barrowman-o...-boe-23735.htm

For those of you wondering about Jack now being mortal and what that means for him becoming the Face of Boe, heres an interesting article on that.

Comment

Any chance that Torchwood will be shown on any other channel besides Starz in the U.S? I don't get Starz and I'm not paying for one more channel upgrade
                  no means no, and so does pepper spray
                  Sig by The Carpenter
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                    Any chance that Torchwood will be shown on any other channel besides Starz in the U.S? I don't get Starz and I'm not paying for one more channel upgrade
                    I doubt it. Its a co-production between the BBC and Starz so Starz will be the only US channel airing it and BBC One will be the only British channel showing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      I doubt it. Its a co-production between the BBC and Starz so Starz will be the only US channel airing it and BBC One will be the only British channel showing it.
                      Thanks.
                      *is sad*
                      Sig by The Carpenter
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                        Thanks.
                        *is sad*
                        Sorry I had to be bearer of such bad news for you. The DVD is released in a few months time...you can watch it at your leisure.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                          Sorry I had to be bearer of such bad news for you. The DVD is released in a few months time...you can watch it at your leisure.
                          OK, thanks I'll watch out for it
                          Sig by The Carpenter
                          sigpic

Comment

BBC Worldwide Productions/Starz Partnership
                            Monday, August 08, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

BBC Worldwide Productions and Starz have announced a new partnership to develop television series for the American cable channel to distribute in the United States and Canada, with BBC Worldwide distributing worldwide.

The deal comes after the perceived success of the co-production of Torchwood: Miracle Day for the two enterprises; Head of BBC Worldwide Productions, Jane Tranter, said:

We're in a uniquely similar place to Starz. With Chris (Albrecht)'s arrival, Starz made a name in originals and is defining themselves as a true player in the U.S. premium cable territory. At BBC Worldwide Productions, we've hit our stride in the scripted business after starting these efforts just over two years ago. Working with Starz on Torchwood: Miracle Day has been a collaborative and invigorating journey. We're very much looking forward to bringing Starz' subscribers more of the programming they're coming to expect - intelligent, groundbreaking, and honest storytelling, which is synonymous with our BBC roots and values.

Albrecht, CEO of Starz, said:

When I came to Starz, we determined that forging strong international partnerships would play centre stage in financing our ramp-up of dynamic original programming; this exciting partnership with BBC Worldwide Productions is a major step in that direction. It will allow us to provide Starz subscribers more original programming, while delivering enhanced opportunity across all our domestic distribution businesses including Anchor Bay and Starz Digital Media. Jane Tranter, and the incredible teams at BBC Worldwide Productions and BBC Worldwide will be terrific partners, and we are very pleased to be able to extend our relationship with them through this venture.

The partnership strengthens the relationship between the two companies, but does not guarantee further series of Torchwood would automatically follow; Albrecht commented at a recent TV Critics Show that the series was not a high priority and would depend upon commitment from Russell T Davies.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/08...worldwide.html
                            Last edited by Alan; 08 August 2011, 08:37 AM.

Comment

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/barrowman-t...tish-24010.htm
                              John Barrowman and his views at to whether Torchwood is still British.

Comment

The BBC has issued a response to a small number of complaints recieved from viewers who feel there is too much gay content in Torchwood.
                                http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/08...-responds.html

Seriously... people need to **** off and just accept that just because something isn't there cup of tea, doesn't mean the rest of the world should pretend that it doesn't exist...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X