Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torchwood: UK broadcast date still uncertain
    Thursday, June 16, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

With just three weeks until Torchwood: Miracle Day premières on Starz on 8th July, potential viewers in the UK are still awaiting a date for when the series will air on BBC1(HD).

Speculation over the planned timeslot has raged ever since the Starz announcement in March, and it was hoped by by fans in the UK for a similar Friday 8th July evening première - however, the BBC Press Office have now released details for Week 27, and Torchwood has not been scheduled for any time that week.

The confirmation that Miracle Day won't be shown on the same evening as the United States is not unexpected, as this coming Friday sees the new, final series of My Family commencing at 9:00pm on BBC1, followed by a repeat of Miranda at 9:30pm - based on its post-watershed content, the 9:00-10:00pm timeslot seemed most likely for Miracle Day (Children of Earth was in shown at this time for similar reasons).

As the weekly coverage from the BBC only reaches 8th July, it cannot be confirmed quite yet whether the series will commence over the following weekend, as with UKTV in Australia (Saturday 9th, 9:30pm), or at a later date.

SPACE have also yet to confirm their première date for Canada.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/06...broadcast.html

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Canadian Première Date for Torchwood: Miracle Day
      Friday, June 17, 2011 - Posted by Harry Ward

The Canadian channel, SPACE has announced that the new series of Torchwood will start on July 9th at 9pm ET with the first episode, The New World.

Canada is only the second country to have confirmed an air date and time for Miracle Day. It has long been known that Starz will show the new series on July 8th while UKTV Australia announced earlier this year that they have fast-tracked it to air in early July.

The air date for the UK broadcast on BBC One is still not known. BBC Press Office released details yesterday for Week 27, and Torchwood has not been scheduled for any time that week.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/06...iere-date.html

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Torchwood: Web of Lies - update (iOS only)
        Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

BBC Worldwide and Starz have released new details on the tie-in "motion comic" Torchwood: Web of Lies, which has been revealed to consist of a series of ten, three minute interactive narratives that will offer clues to the mysteries conjured up in Miracle Day. It has been written by Jane Espenson and Ryan Scott, and has been developed by Double Barrel Motion Labs for BBC Worldwide Productions and BBC Worldwide Digital Entertainment and Games.

However, the series will only be released through an application designed for the Apple-based iOS operating system, available through iTunes.

The press release provides details on how Web of Lies fits in with Miracle Day:

Torchwood: Web of Lies is an episodic interactive experience for iOS that fuses together motion comic and gameplay elements to tell an original and digitally exclusive Torchwood story. Players will participate in a parallel storyline to Torchwood: Miracle Day that includes lead characters Captain Jack Harkness and Gwen Cooper – voiced by John Barrowman and Eve Myles.

Torchwood: Web of Lies runs alongside weekly premières of Torchwood: Miracle Day, providing fans with a way to engage in the world of Torchwood between episodes. It reveals a past day in the lives of Captain Jack Harkness and Gwen Cooper - a day they’ve both forgotten. The events of that day fuel a modern day conspiracy-laced treasure hunt, as Holly Mokri, voiced by Eliza Dushku (Dollhouse, Tru Calling, Buffy The Vampire Slayer), labours to uncover the secrets of Miracle Day.

Each week a new episode unlocks, allowing players to access another piece of original motion comic narrative and game which ties into and extends plot developments of the show, as well as providing new twists in its own narrative.

The first narrative and game will be released promotionally and the remaining nine can be purchased inside the app in packs of three, each for $0.99. A special bundle for all 10 narratives and game can be purchased for $2.99

No information has been forthcoming as to whether fans of Torchwood using other operating systems will also be able to access the complimentary material featured in Web of Lies.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/06...b-of-lies.html

Comment

Yeah I saw that on the Who Insider app today. My thoughts?

Pay for a motion comic? Well, I just lost all interest.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Too many countries mentioned for me to sort it out. When is 'Miracle Day' premiering in the United States? And, will it be on SciFi (syfy)? Thanks
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by raduzhok View Post
              Too many countries mentioned for me to sort it out. When is 'Miracle Day' premiering in the United States? And, will it be on SciFi (syfy)? Thanks
              July 8th for US. It isn't being shown on SyFy. It's on Starz.

Comment

I almost fainted:

http://www.channelcanada.com/Article5812.html

Space will be available in HD on Bell starting July 6th!!!! Okay I gasped first and then almost fainted! OMGosh! Just in time for Torchwood. Holy frak! Now I just have to figure out if it's going to be included in my package or I'll have to pay extra. We know there will be a free preview, there always is! Much HD was launched recently and is currently in free preview. Don't know about the other cable/sat providers.

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone right now! Canadians have been BEGGING for Space to go HD for YEARS. Guess Bell Media buying the CTV channels was a good thing afterall
                Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  My bad luck. Don't have Starz. But I did originally watch it on Netflix, so maybe they'll bring it back into the 'Watch Instantly' once it is released to DVD? Eventually I'd like to just buy the series. Still I'd like to see Miracle Day before I buy it. I was not thrilled with the last season, because,

Spoiler:
                  I can't imagine who is left, and too many of the good ones have been sacked.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                    Oh Alan, you're so much more patient than I. I would have replied with this

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                    I almost fainted:

http://www.channelcanada.com/Article5812.html

Space will be available in HD on Bell starting July 6th!!!! Okay I gasped first and then almost fainted! OMGosh! Just in time for Torchwood. Holy frak! Now I just have to figure out if it's going to be included in my package or I'll have to pay extra. We know there will be a free preview, there always is! Much HD was launched recently and is currently in free preview. Don't know about the other cable/sat providers.

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone right now! Canadians have been BEGGING for Space to go HD for YEARS. Guess Bell Media buying the CTV channels was a good thing afterall

*checks to see if pigs are flying*
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

*checks to see if pigs are flying*
                      I know crazy, eh? And I have now found it's ONLY on Bell for now! to those that don't have Bell but hopefully it'll get picked up by everyone else soon. Since Bell is changing the A channels to CTV2 and going HD with those I was grumpling why Space wasn't included. I can now grumple no more!

And yes, I do believe pigs are flying now!
                      Last edited by Angela V; 25 June 2011, 01:19 PM. Reason: spelling
                      Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        I understand completely. And I suppose I could have replied like that...I just didn't have the patience to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                          I know crazy, eh? And I have now found it's ONLY on Bell for now! to those that don't have Bell but hopefully it'll get picked up by everyone else soon. Since Bell is changing the A channels to CTV2 and going HD with those I was grumpling why Space wasn't included. I can now grumple no more!

And yes, I do believe pigs are flying now!
                          Oh boo

Comment

Torchwood: UK première confirmed for 14th July
                            Monday, June 27, 2011 - Posted by Chuck Foster

The BBC have confirmed today that Torchwood: Miracle Day will première on BBC1(HD) on Thursday 14th July at 9:00pm.

The announcement ends months of speculation over when the show would be broadcast in the United Kingdom, with Starz announcing Friday 8th July for Miracle Day back in March. Canada and Australia see the show a day later, with SPACE broadcasting at 9:00pm(ET) and UKTV 9:30pm on Saturdays.

A full BBC Press Release is expected tomorrow.

Link to original article here: http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2011/06...-premiere.html

-------------------------------------
                            Just for a moment...from my own humble POV on this - I am absolutely APPALLED that the BBC is showing this a WEEK after the US, Canada, and Australia broadcast dates.

Comment

Torchwood: UK première confirmed for 14th July

Comment

Torchwood releases a thrilling new 11-minute sneak peek to DIE for

http://blastr.com/2011/06/torchwood-releases-a-thri.php

Comment

Working...
                                X