Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
    Let's just say the programme does come back. Will there be enough fans to keep it afloat. I know I won't be watching it, so there goes my support and more importantly, my funds for merchandise if RTD is in charge.
    Convention-going, book-buying, fandom-type fans may not stick around, but I imagine the much larger group of casual viewers will still be around. Though I would put money on the numbers for season 4 being lower than CoE.
    Originally posted by Callista
    Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
    Originally posted by HPMom
    She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
      Honestly, I'm expecting unexplained off-screen healing so CoE doesn't have to be dealt with too much.
      Well, if End of Time part 2 is anything to go by, I sure called that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
        Well, if End of Time part 2 is anything to go by, I sure called that one.
        Spoiler:

I disagree. He was in the alien bar because he was miserable. He realised he could get some skirt... trouser...? and then perked up enough to make the move, that does not mean he's alright at all. He's picking up random guys in bars, probably in an attempt to stave off the pain.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
          Stick the nutjob from CoE (the guy that was studying the signal), the receptionist and the girl in black (I should know her name, we went to the same school!) as the hired help, plus Gwen and her hubby (kids are always at school right?) and the copper and you'd have a good cast.

But please anybody but Martha.
          I dunno about you but I'd love to see Martha as a main cast member.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            Spoiler:

I disagree. He was in the alien bar because he was miserable. He realised he could get some skirt... trouser...? and then perked up enough to make the move, that does not mean he's alright at all. He's picking up random guys in bars, probably in an attempt to stave off the pain.

Spoiler:
            Oh, I wish I had that much faith in Rusty, but with Tovey now making comments about how he's not really allowed to talk about whether or not he'll be reprising his role in the future (source) and RTD's comments about how Jack and Alonso would make the perfect couple, I can very easily imagine how season 4 will start.

And while I completely buy the idea that Jack would seek comfort in a warm body to deal with his grief over events in COE, TW's track record in dealing with fallout/aftermath by not really dealing with it does make me fear that Jack getting a new boytoy is about all the 'dealing' the show is going to do on this matter.

Plus, he's just too similliar to Ianto in looks for it not to creep me out a bit.

EDIT: I feel like I should point out that I didn't hate the scene, I didn't love it, but it wasn't the worst thing ever. I want Jack to move on and be happy again. I want him to get to a point where he can look back on Steven/Ianto/Owen/Tosh/Everyone else ever who will die and only remember the good times, but I don't want that to be episode one of season 4.
            Last edited by Ashizuri; 04 January 2010, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Torchwood the Musical ?!
              Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus, famous for musicals such as Chess and Mama Mia, as well as being the driving force in the 70s supergroup Abba, were lined up for a musical version of a Torchwood, according to new book The Writers Tale The Final Chapter!

Russell T Davies was asked about it and was told the two chaps from Abba are on board... Bjorn and Benny love Torchwood.

Life, Dr Who and Combom
              Torchwood the musical? Why now? After they have killed off most of the singers on the show? And yeah, Eve can't sing, she said so herself several times.
              [So I guess it leaves us with JB and Kai Owen and James Masters as a possible guest star]

EDIT: So apparently the plans for the musical were abandoned soon after they first appeared.

In a new book, the 46-year-old television veteran reveals that Bjorn and Benny love the BBC show and were interested in working alongside Davies.

However the head writer of Torchwood, Doctor Who and Queer As Folk claims that the production never came to fruition for various reasons, including time constraints.

Pink paper
              Last edited by zuz; 08 January 2010, 12:06 PM.
              "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
              Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                Torchwood the Musical ?!

And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse.

Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Two new TW Radio Plays

Some online retailers have two new Torchwood audio dramas listed for a CD release on the 6th of May, which confirms that new Torchwood plays are being made, and will most likely broadcast on BBC Radio 4 later in the year. The stories will be set before the events of Children of Earth which means that they will feature Ianto in them, alongside Captain Jack and Gwen.
                  Tardis Base
                  "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Barrowman hints at Tovey joining the cast?
                    "He (Alonso) would be the perfect companion for Jack."

Comment

In what capacity is Alonso Torchwood material? What on Earth lead JB to say that? I mean Mickey - I could understand.

Alonso!?

Agh...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                        In what capacity is Alonso Torchwood material? What on Earth lead JB to say that? I mean Mickey - I could understand.

Alonso!?

Agh...
                        Well, he's pretty and to quote JB, Jack does need a new piece of ass. . . I'm apparently still a cranky fangirl. I need to get that under control...

Though, I heard that Tovey just signed on for a new BBC miniseries and Being Human was picked up for a 3rd season so how he'd fit it in I'm not sure, unless new TW really is a year out.
                        Last edited by Ashizuri; 11 January 2010, 08:06 AM.

Comment

RTD spearheads American Torchwood!

...Torchwood fans can take comfort that the original producing team is on board. In addition to Davies, exec producers Julie Gardner...
                          Also, some of the current cast — most likely John Barrowman, who plays the immortal Capt. Jack Harkness — might star if Fox orders “Torchwood” to pilot.
                          As for the new show’s plot, the U.S. version will contain a global story line compared to the more localized sensibility of the first two BBC seasons.
                          Many people called this when Davies went to America. I imagine this doesn't bode well for Gwen/EM and the future of the original show.

I knew CoE was an end to TW as we knew it.
                          Last edited by Ashizuri; 19 January 2010, 08:02 AM.

Comment

http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/01/fox-r...orchwood-.html

Jan 19 2010
                            Fox readying U.S. version of 'Torchwood'

Exclusive: Huge news for sci-fi fans: Fox is developing a stateside version of the U.K. hit series “Torchwood.”

The project is from BBC Worldwide Prods., with original series creator Russell Davies writing the script.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Scoop: 'Desperate Housewives' snags John Barrowman

Desperate Housewives boss Marc Cherry has accomplished his mission to bring Captain Jack to Wisteria Lane!

A Housewives insider confirms that Torchwood’s John Barrowman is joining the ABC soap later this season for a minimum of five episodes. The actor will play the Big Bad at the center of the Angie (Drea de Matteo) mystery.

Last summer, Cherry — a big Torchwood fan — met with Barrowman to discuss the possibility of him visiting Wisteria Lane at some point. It was just a matter of finding the right role. Barrowman’s arc will kick off in early April and span the final five episodes of the season

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/01/...ohn-barrowman/

Comment

Huh. Looks like I'll have a reason to watch Desperate Housewives. At least the final five epiosdes. And I'll probably just fast-forward through the parts Barrowman isn't in.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X