The Jack/Ianto Discussion and Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntress View Post
    I am a bit old fashioned there. I enjoy great editing but there are vids out there were people really seem to use every transition effect, filtre and what not in one video, this plus fast cutting just puts me off. I guess I regard transitions, effects and filtres like good parfume or spices. Used sparingly they can enhance, use too much and it is spoiled.
    I think it just fits the mood of the song, myself.

I wouldn't work with everything but with this song I do think it's justified.
    Reinette Poisson: My Dear Doctor... I have seen the world inside your head and know that all things are possible. Hurry then my love; my days grow shorter now and I am so very weak. Godspeed my lonely angel. ~ The Girl in the Fireplace, New Doctor Who, ses. 2.

42 = Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything ~ The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

My IJ

Comment

I am a bit old fashioned there. I enjoy great editing but there are vids out there were people really seem to use every transition effect, filtre and what not in one video, this plus fast cutting just puts me off. I guess I regard transitions, effects and filtres like good parfume or spices. Used sparingly they can enhance, use too much and it is spoiled.
      Well I guess it all comes down to personal taste. Also experience, I have no idea how long or for what reasons this person vids. Could just be for fun, like me... fun not artistic expression or to join some cliche just good old fashion fun!

You say you only make one or two vids a year, sounds like the "fun" has gone out of it for you. Like I said people vid for all kinds of reasons I personally prefer the fun reasons. Also it comes through in a vid if the maker had fun with it, they are often the most enjoyable vids IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
        Well I guess it all comes down to personal taste. Also experience, I have no idea how long or for what reasons this person vids. Could just be for fun, like me... fun not artistic expression or to join some cliche just good old fashion fun!

You say you only make one or two vids a year, sounds like the "fun" has gone out of it for you. Like I said people vid for all kinds of reasons I personally prefer the fun reasons. Also it comes through in a vid if the maker had fun with it, they are often the most enjoyable vids IMHO.
        Naah it is still fun and mostly satisfaction but similiar to my pics I've become a perfectionist and I am seldom happy with my own results. It takes a while until I can personally say - yeah ...like that. I exchange a clip here, an effect there and sometimes I throw a whole project overboard when I can see that it is not heading in the right direction.
        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
        And he's wonderful.

Comment

I don't know what you mean by colouring. I saw only the use of the desaturation filter. From all I could tell she also used Sony Vegas (I love that prog - easier to use then Premiere and never froze on me) and I couldn't see any use of After Effects on it o_O
          Hmmm, it might be my monitor but it looks to me that some of the clips have unusualy bright colours and an interesting tint to them, almost like when you make icons in PS and use filters and selective coloring.

EDIT: Checked the original episodes, they look "normal" to me. Can't be the monitor then. Funny.

I haven't done any DW or TW vids yet but lots of other stuff. Most of them are availble there but not all. The newest ones there are BSG, House and my Harry Potter GoF trailer.

http://www.geocities.com/buffysweetsurender/music.html

Regarding my newest one, the one I worked on last year - you are in luck. Thanks to a vidder friend who was also fed up with YouTube, I found a different site and I just uploaded the vid today for a friend of mine.

http://www.vimeo.com/817131
          Intriguing vid.
          It was easy to follow and made me courious about these two guys. And that's a success considering you showed your House vid to someone who watched total of one episode of the show. (so canon-wise I know who Dr. House is and that's about it)

I haven't done any DW or TW vids yet but lots of other stuff. Most of them are availble there but not all. The newest ones there are BSG, House and my Harry Potter GoF trailer.

http://www.geocities.com/buffysweetsurender/music.html
          Bookedmarked for later. I'm looking forward esp to BSG and CSI vids.
          "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

I looked for Jack and Ianto season 2 promo pics and haven't found any. So I combined and touched up one of Jack&Martha and Ianto, Tosh&Owen from the Beebs site. Gotta love Photoshop.

This one I made some time ago:
            Spoiler:
            Last edited by zuz; 24 March 2008, 05:45 AM.
            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
              I looked for Jack and Ianto season 2 promo pic and haven't found one. So I combined and touched up one of Jack&Martha and Ianto, Tosh&Owen from the Beebs site. Gotta love Photoshop.
              those are brilliant. tried to green you but can't.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Oooh. Those are brilliant. I love them.
                Reinette Poisson: My Dear Doctor... I have seen the world inside your head and know that all things are possible. Hurry then my love; my days grow shorter now and I am so very weak. Godspeed my lonely angel. ~ The Girl in the Fireplace, New Doctor Who, ses. 2.

42 = Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything ~ The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

My IJ

Comment

saw adrift today

Spoiler:
                  i loved 'that' scene between jack and ianto. it was nice to look at, but a nice piece of simple life the boys get to indulge in every so often. plus, i love the idea of naken hide and seek. "he cheats. he always cheats"

it also interests me that ianto knew about the riftugees on the island but no one else did. how did ianto find out about it?

"victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                  "what?"
                  *throat punch*
                  My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                  LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Hmmm, it might be my monitor but it looks to me that some of the clips have unusualy bright colours and an interesting tint to them, almost like when you make icons in PS and use filters and selective coloring.

EDIT: Checked the original episodes, they look "normal" to me. Can't be the monitor then. Funny.

Intriguing vid.
                    It was easy to follow and made me courious about these two guys. And that's a success considering you showed your House vid to someone who watched total of one episode of the show. (so canon-wise I know who Dr. House is and that's about it)

Bookedmarked for later. I'm looking forward esp to BSG and CSI vids.
                    I am curious what you think of them. The CSI ones were done with Premiere but my comp was not up to the program and constantly froze on me. Now I have enough juice and space but I am so used to Vegas now.

You only saw one episode of House? Oh wow. Never got into it, did you? Too bad. House/Wilson is wonderful...okay Jack/Ianto are impossible to beat but House/Wilson have their own thing going and I am especially happy since it is basically canon now since the last two episodes - let's see how brave American primetime television is going to be and go all the nine yards or back out earlier
                    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                    And he's wonderful.

Comment

I am curious what you think of them. The CSI ones were done with Premiere but my comp was not up to the program and constantly froze on me. Now I have enough juice and space but I am so used to Vegas now.
                      I watched CSI, Enterprise, BSG and House ones so far. You did a great job with all of them. I probably liked the Grissom/Lady Heather vid the most, followed closely and quite surprisingly by House/Wilson.

Regarding Grissom/Lady Heather vid I liked the song and the overall dream-like atmosphere. Plus great use of voiceovers. As for the House one, now I'm really really curious about the two. So are they a couple or not?

The rest of the vids was very good, too. They all had a trailer-like quality to them, fast paced and very well edited IMO. I like how you matched the clips with the music. Great job.

I'm looking forward to your Torchwood vid. As I loved all the shippy stuff you made I hope you'll choose Janto as a theme.
                      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

*Waves her hands about madly*

Okay TPTB of Torchwood. You've done really well regarding this ship during this season!!!

KEEP GOING!!!

We want:

Spoiler:
                        More kisses. More stares. More smiles. More 'intimate' moments in the Hub. More nekkid chests...More looks of concern from both of them as it is SOOOOOO squeeful!!! More classic lines. More innuendoes.

Anything else gang???

Comment

Originally posted by Allestian View Post
                          *Waves her hands about madly*

Okay TPTB of Torchwood. You've done really well regarding this ship during this season!!!

KEEP GOING!!!

We want:

Spoiler:
                          More kisses. More stares. More smiles. More 'intimate' moments in the Hub. More nekkid chests...More looks of concern from both of them as it is SOOOOOO squeeful!!! More classic lines. More innuendoes.

Anything else gang???

I don't think we're prepared for more innuendo IMO. More of it and the fandom would explode (or implode? ) As for the rest I wholeheartedly agree.

Re innuendo:
                          Spoiler:
                          stopwatches, measuring tapes, hockey sticks, "weevil hunting", wedding fairies,... and the list goes on
                          I think that TPTB do very good in this category.
                          Last edited by zuz; 24 March 2008, 01:06 PM.
                          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

As the people I go to college with (Me being the eldest) are speaking in innuendo all the time I actually find myself with more maturity and less innuendoes when watching Torchwood - if at all possible.

Comment

O.K. If we're making a Janto wish list for series 3 I'd love myself to see
                              Spoiler:
                              a proper bed scene preferably in Ianto's flat (where there's a bed i hope, not a sorry excuse of a bed that jack has in the Hub ). Doesn't have to be hot man-on-man action though, I'd be happy with a morning after scenario.

Although if TPTB opt for hot man-on-man action instead I guess I could live with that.
                              Last edited by zuz; 24 March 2008, 01:25 PM.
                              Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

I watched CSI, Enterprise, BSG and House ones so far. You did a great job with all of them. I probably liked the Grissom/Lady Heather vid the most, followed closely and quite surprisingly by House/Wilson.

Regarding Grissom/Lady Heather vid I liked the song and the overall dream-like atmosphere. Plus great use of voiceovers. As for the House one, now I'm really really curious about the two. So are they a couple or not?

The rest of the vids was very good, too. They all had a trailer-like quality to them, fast paced and very well edited IMO. I like how you matched the clips with the music. Great job.

I'm looking forward to your Torchwood vid. As I loved all the shippy stuff you made I hope you'll choose Janto as a theme.
                                Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am glad you like all the vids so much. Regarding House/Wilson well.....LOTS of UST and yes House finally GOT IT in the last episode befire they were forced into hiatus due to the strike.

Lady Heather is my favourite CSI character and I had always hoped that she and Grissom would get together, instead there was Grissom/Sara and I declared teh series for having jumped the shark. Since then I only saw "The Good The Bad and The Dominatrix" which was nice since Heather was there but otherwise weak.

Yup my Torchwood vid is Jack/Ianto with emphasis on Ianto. How did ya guess ^_^ You will have to be patient though. As I said I am not the fastest vidder and also I want to wait till the finale has been aired to start for real. Right now I am mostly just ripping clips for the vid.
                                And he's wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                                X