No announcement yet.

The Jack/Ianto Discussion and Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I think (why are you all spoiling things that are not spoilers? ) Gwen is ROSE, only more blind actually she may be closer to Martha.
    And as for Jack and Gwen; in one way I see Jack thinking it would be a challenge, a risk and a huge rush to bed Gwen... but it would all just be a game to him in the end; he wouldn't stay with her... anyway lets face it
    Spoiler:
    the man is The Face of Boa, I am not looking for happily ever afters with Ianto/Jack I am taking what I can get for now.

And given the latest rumours that may not be for much longer... I wish the BBC would either deny (please) or confirm (ohnoes!) the rumours. I get more worried with each passing day.

Comment

i don't really get any similarities between rose and gwen
      "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
      "what?"
      *throat punch*
      My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
      LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
        i don't really get any similarities between rose and gwen
        from what i've read, it's the wild eyed enthusiasm(sp?)... the way gwen like to charge off on missions, so willing to learn and explore is a lot like Rose's, which i agree on... and then it's the fact that they're both very empathetic to everyone involved in the given situation... that's the part i don't see.... yes Rose had a tendancy to be soft hearted, but it didn't make her fool-hardy... Gwen, on the other hand, let's her emotions and her sense of ethics rule over logic and reason, and in the end makes her a very weak link....

also, Rose was able to accept that it is possible to love more than one person, and that each relationship is different and unique... i mean she had the Doctor, Adam, Mickey, Jack... [( i think i'm missing a few )] whereas Gwen is torn between her love for Jack and her love for Rhys... and in the end she may have chosen Rhys, but she never once considered she could keep them both... it was always an ultimatum for her, whereas Rose was able to not only share her heart with so many men, but also get them to share her equally...

And then there's Ianto who, bless his soul, knows that he may never get all of Jack to himself... he's realised that fact and he's accepted it... and the fact that he was able to that, shows that he is quite mature for his societal moores... he understands that b/c of Jack's immortality, he's not going to get the fairy tale happy ending.. he's contending with not only past lovers, but also future lovers... he knows that Jack will one day leave him, and despite all that, he's willing to try and make this relationship work so that he can truly cherish whatever time he does have with Jack.....

emotionally, i would have to say that Ianto is closer to Rose than Gwen....
        I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
          from what i've read, it's the wild eyed enthusiasm(sp?)... the way gwen like to charge off on missions, so willing to learn and explore is a lot like Rose's, which i agree on... and then it's the fact that they're both very empathetic to everyone involved in the given situation... that's the part i don't see.... yes Rose had a tendancy to be soft hearted, but it didn't make her fool-hardy... Gwen, on the other hand, let's her emotions and her sense of ethics rule over logic and reason, and in the end makes her a very weak link....
          oh ok, i can see that. plus also, now that i think about it, rose joined the doctor coz she was bored and looking for adventure; gwen joined torchwood coz she was bored with her job and wanted to find out what was really going on in the world, so they both started off in the same place.
          "what?"
          *throat punch*

Comment

For me Gwen is like Rose soley in the sense that tptb want to ship/not ship the female lead with the male lead on both shows. They skirt around it, never consummate it, but you know what they are up to... on Torchwood it is a little different; in fact I would go so far as to say tptb treat the Gwen/Jack thing the way other shows treat potential M/M pairings... subtext, some subtle hints but nothing canon. It is nice to see the het relationship being the one that needs to wear (ship) goggles for a change. Although I realise Stargate doesn't really do much with it's relationships either.

Rose is a much better character in all areas in my opinion then Gwen, I am one of the few who like Gwen (it seems) but I don't think she is anymore ethical then the rest of them on Torchwood... and she gave up any sense (to me) of wonderment or wide eyed optimism the minute she shagged Owen... anyway that is for another thread.

Comment

it's not that she's more ethical, it's just that she can't differentiate when ethics can be applied and when they can't... the only reason why i hate gwen is that she sometimes can't tell the different shades of grey and thinks that everyone needs to be coddled... she's too clingy, and that just gets on my nerves...

and i agree on the (ship) goggles... subtext is great in all forms, but they need to tone it down just a tad... i did like SG did it tho.. i mean you could dohet or slash or both and it not clash at all... what most Janto fans are having trouble with is that the subtext is screwing with their perception of the established relation... some are able to brush it away by saying that Jack is an incorrigable flirt, but the general populace just finds it annoying...
              sigpic

Comment

*claps* i totally agree, WC, i love the way this show has changed the norms by having the m/ms in a relationship and the shippy subtext between the m/f.

but sometimes the subtext is so strong it seems that all jack wants is gwen.
                "what?"
                *throat punch*

Comment

I guess I am yet to be convinced that Jack and Ianto as canon is workable long term; so I am mentally prepared for when it all goes to hell.

Anyway as I have said before I am still waiting for McShep to get a hug on SGA so yeah I am actually willing to celebrate not trash what Torchwood is doing here... you can not please some folks! I would love to see even an AU where Rodney kisses John. Tochwood gave us a kiss, hug, dancing and they are also allowing other characters to acknowledge the relationship (or whatever it is) on the show.

What more do folks want!

CANON is canon, you can't argue with that! Stop worrying about it all ending and just enjoy the ride! *whee!* LOL

Hey no Gwen/Jack shipping in ep 10. Not a lot of Ianto/Jack slashing either but they do have lots of on-screen time together.

Comment

yeah, but i don't want it to go to hell lol. i like where they are at the moment; jack's still the dashing hero, saving the day and flirting with the girls but still seems to come home to ianto. ianto for his part still sticks by jack and doesn't push for a more stable or monogomous relationship
                    "what?"
                    *throat punch*

Comment

have a look at this WONDERFUL video! It almost made me cry *sniff*

http://illiriahrising.livejournal.com/79349.html

Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
                      Visit me at my LJ

Comment

So what did you guys all think of "From Out Of The Rain"?

Spoiler:
                        - I loved that this episode was basically Jack and Ianto with exactly the right amount of Gwen (in other words: hanging around in background being quiet).
                        - I loved it how Jack drove as fast as he could to catch up with Ianto. So sweet.
                        - I absolutely loved the scenes with only Jack and Ianto researching the citymap. No there weren't any intimacies of any kind but it was so obvious that Jack was utterly comfortable with only Ianto around. How he told him of the days at the travelling circus and sharing his enthusiasm and nostalgic feelings with him. It was all just so intimate.
                        - God, Ianto is always so emotional but in a good way. When he was devastated that he was only able to save one of the souls and him being on the verge of tears when Jack brought the kid back.... oh Ianto :hugs:

IMHO they did everything right in this episode. I totally enjoyed it.

Spoiler:
                        I didn't even miss that there wasn't any kissing or flirting. The all around feel good atmosphere between Jack and Ianto made me happy enough
                        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                        And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post

Spoiler:
                          - I loved that this episode was basically Jack and Ianto with exactly the right amount of Gwen (in other words: hanging around in background being quiet).
                          - I loved it how Jack drove as fast as he could to catch up with Ianto. So sweet.
                          - I absolutely loved the scenes with only Jack and Ianto researching the citymap. No there weren't any intimacies of any kind but it was so obvious that Jack was utterly comfortable with only Ianto around. How he told him of the days at the travelling circus and sharing his enthusiasm and nostalgic feelings with him. It was all just so intimate.
                          - God, Ianto is always so emotional but in a good way. When he was devastated that he was only able to save one of the souls and him being on the verge of tears when Jack brought the kid back.... oh Ianto :hugs:

Spoiler:
                          I didn't even miss that there wasn't any kissing or flirting. The all around feel good atmosphere between Jack and Ianto made me happy enough
                          jup, I think I agree to everything you said

Spoiler:
                          and I loved Ianto's dreamy expression when he listen to Jack telling the story from his past

Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                            haven't watched it yet waiting for the vid to load...
                            sigpic

Comment

i was eating when gwen said
                              Spoiler:

'is that what they're calling it nowdays'

in 'from out of the rain', wasn't the best idea. throat still hurts and couldn't breathe for several seconds.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post
                                i was eating when gwen said
                                Spoiler:

'is that what they're calling it nowdays'

in 'from out of the rain', wasn't the best idea. throat still hurts and couldn't breathe for several seconds.
                                yeah, you shouldn't eat or drink while watching torchwood *lol*

Visit me at my LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X