Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
    I want!!!

Erm, sorry. Both clips are brilliant and I'm getting impatient.

(second clip spoiler)
    Spoiler:
    *team *****es about Jack*
    Ianto: "It's more fun with him around tho".
    Rest of team: yeah, deifnitely!

....and, of course.. "Have you seen a blowfish driving a sports car?"

Hahaha! Fantastic.
    You know what. The biggest difference from series one is that I really like the team in these clips (Owen hasn't even annoyed me yet, which is a record). The dialogue comes a little faster, there isn't any whining from any of them, they actually act like a team. We'll see if this keeps up!

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    There's a bit in the trailer that has me in stitches every time...

Spoiler:
    Gwen and Capt. John are in the Tochwoodmobile, driving at some speed apparantly.

He spots something by the side of the road.

Capt. John: "Oh, that's gorgeous!"

Gwen: "That's a poodle..."

Capt. John: "S'nice!"
    Haven't seen that one yet! *runs off looking*

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
      Ah, no the site has never been available to people from overseas in the way Doctor Who's site is... or are you saying you can't access the site now either?

Last year so much of the Torchwood site was restricted to people outside the UK I didn't even bother using it after a while. I had hoped this year would be different, but it looks like the BBC for some reason sees Torchwood's site differently to Doctor Who's and puts in filters.
      That happens quite frequently with shows.. I know there have been a few American shows that I can't see the websites for.. and they've even been filmed in Canada!

Oh, hi everyone BTW! That new clip is killer.. I can't wait till the new season starts!
      Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        FANTASTIC NEW CLIP!
        loved the clip although I have a "dumb" question;
        Spoiler:
        how did people know there was a bar brawl if there wasn't anyone in there when we first see JM?

There's a bit in the trailer that has me in stitches every time...

Spoiler:
        Gwen and Capt. John are in the Tochwoodmobile, driving at some speed apparantly.

He spots something by the side of the road.

Capt. John: "Oh, that's gorgeous!"

Gwen: "That's a poodle..."

Capt. John: "S'nice!"
        that sounds like Jack. I need to see that now ^-^

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Small question that is bugging me, will put into spoilers in case its a spoiler,

Spoiler:
          Why do they always say 'It's better when he's back' or refer to him leaving for a bit. I didn't see all of S1 only a few eps and the last one.
          Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
          LOVE HIM-> DT
          ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by Hulabaloo View Post
            Small question that is bugging me, will put into spoilers in case its a spoiler,

Spoiler:
            Why do they always say 'It's better when he's back' or refer to him leaving for a bit. I didn't see all of S1 only a few eps and the last one.
            Spoiler:

At the end of S1 Jack jumps on board the TARDIS and goes travelling with the Doctor. The Master then sends Torchwood on a wild goose chase to the Himalayas to find him.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I love a bit in one of the trailers with Gwen and... um... her boyfriend.

Spoiler:
              Boyfriend: "What exactly do I need protecting from?!"
              Gwen: "I catch aliens!"
              Boyfriend: "Aliens? In Cardiff?"

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                I love a bit in one of the trailers with Gwen and... um... her boyfriend.

Spoiler:
                Boyfriend: "What exactly do I need protecting from?!"
                Gwen: "I catch aliens!"
                Boyfriend: "Aliens? In Cardiff?"
                Spoiler:
                Can't blame the poor chap. He will have got the impression from TV that aliens only ever visit LA, the american midwest, London and the home counties, or canadian-looking pine forests. Aliens in Cardiff is only a recent phenomenon, and if Gwen's bf hasn't caught any recent eps of Doctor Who he'll not be expecting it.

Madeleine

Comment

Perhaps this will be addressed at some point during "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" - but we've still no idea how long Jack was "away" for.

It seems that some amount if time (weeks possibly) have elapsed between the end of Season One and the Start of Season Two...
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Perhaps this will be addressed at some point during "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" - but we've still no idea how long Jack was "away" for.
                    It's been going around that
                    Spoiler:
                    the time has been either three months or three weeks. I'd go with the three months because then there'll be more 'how could you have left us without telling us' and from the look of the first few minutes of KKBB it seems that Owen's got the leader thing sort of down.

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Sounds plausible, yeah.
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Dr Who & Torchwood Spoilers:

Spoiler:
                        I wouldn't think it's be three months. Although Jack lived through a year under the Master's rule, the Doctor reset time back after the Master's death. I didn't think it had been that long from the time they came back to London until the meeting with the Master's aliens.

I'm going to my doctor next week and having him up my blood pressure meds and my hormone pills. I'm going to need the extra dosages when Torchwood starts! *cackle* I can't wait for the new season!

Comment

It seems that some amount if time (weeks possibly) have elapsed between the end of Season One and the Start of Season Two...
                          From interview with Chris Chibnall, who wrote (not only) the first episode of series 2 (spoilers)
                          Spoiler:
                          Q: When he returns to the team, how long has Jack been away?
                          CC: "A couple of weeks... it might even be three months. It’s not years, but it’s long enough for them to have to deal with a few serious things.”

full article
                          "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

I knew I'd seen Naoko Mori (Tosh) before, she was Saffy's friend Sarah in Ab Fab

Comment

NEW Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang clip available on BBCAmerica.com!

Follow the link then click on "Watch the videos". Spoilers, obviously!

Links to all the KKBB clips under spoilers
                              Spoiler:

Trailers, previews and other vids:

The best s2 trailer of the bunch
                              Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang clips: first couple of minutes; Captain Jack meets Captain John; Captain John meets the team (check the vid window in the right upper corner); Captain John and the team in the Hub (click on "Watch the videos")
                              Behind the Scenes of TW s2 (Dead Ringers' parody of Torchwood)

Enjoy!
                              "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
                              Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                                NEW Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang clip available on BBCAmerica.com!

Follow the link then click on "Watch the videos". Spoilers, obviously!

Links to all the KKBB clips under spoilers
                                Spoiler:

Trailers, previews and other vids:

The best s2 trailer of the bunch
                                Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang clips: first couple of minutes; Captain Jack meets Captain John; Captain John meets the team (check the vid window in the right upper corner); Captain John and the team in the Hub (click on "Watch the videos")
                                Behind the Scenes of TW s2 (Dead Ringers' parody of Torchwood)

Enjoy!
                                Great new clip! (and thanks for gathering them all together- hadn't seen that trailer)

Spoiler:
                                Glad to see the stopwatch back!

Comment

Working...
                                X