Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
    they're the most well known secret organizaton.
    Well admittadly, before The Battle of Canary Wharf, even the Doctor hadn't heard of Torchwood, but yeah, maybe Jack has brought them into the public light, possibly because he refuses to silence people the way the old Torchwood did (Tardisode for Army of Ghosts), but I do agree, it's probably like UNIT. UNIT isn't a big secret, but most people think they're an anti-terrorist unit.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng View Post
      It was funny, but just how public is Torchwood, now? Apparently, random old ladies recognize them easily, either by face or by the fact they were looking for a humanoid fish. That's not exactly a common event for secret organizations.
      we dont exactly have a good record on keeping secret organisations secret i mean mi6 is based in one of the most recogniseable buildings along the thames

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        perhaps at the opening scene of next season we can have a gian gelatanous blob go bye her on a push bike.
        What it reminded me of was a bit in Monty Python's "Spam" sketch, in which a character mutters "Bloody Vikings..."
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
          we dont exactly have a good record on keeping secret organisations secret i mean mi6 is based in one of the most recogniseable buildings along the thames
          well, it wasn't always like that...

oops!

I'll have to track you all down now...
          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
            I think Random Shoes more or less covered that New Torchwood are, by almost any standards, the worst secret organisation ever.

Still, there was a lot to like about KKBB. Camaraderie in Team Torchwood for starters; who saw that coming? And fun without vulgarity. Well, all right there was vulgarity, but then there always was and at least we had some fun this time out.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Anyone else applied for a job as a Torchwood affiliate?

Have a look at their website...
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

the website is only available for UK residents
                In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
                  the website is only available for UK residents
                  Really? That's a bit of a bummer...
                  sigpic

Comment

Finally saw it! Loved it. Better than the entirety of series one combined. (well, if you exclude "Captain Jack Harkness", which I think is almost as good as KKBB)

Great humour, great team, loved the little old lady, and the blow fish, and Captain John, and Ianto had a larger role in this ep than most in the first series- that was a really nice scene between him and Jack in the office. Owen didn't annoy much, Gwen didn't annoy, and the only scene I didn't like was the Jack/Gwen scene. Could have been really good if they didn't have the UST there.....

Overall excellent. Hopefully this level of quality will hold.

Comment

Loved the interaction between the two Captains.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Copter for the Sig and Avi!!!

Comment

I just fell about laughing at the scene where John first enters the Hub, and has to remove all of his weapons - right down to the dinky wee pearl handled Derringer.
                        sigpic

Comment

From all accounts that I've read, next Saturday (26th) sounds like it's going to be a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                            From all accounts that I've read, next Saturday (26th) sounds like it's going to be a blast.
                            Ohhh you're in for a treat.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                              It's that alright

Comment

can't wait till tomorrow for episode 2. find out if the first ep was an episode to get everyone hooked or a continuing of the high standard set from the first episode.

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Working...
                                X