Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
    David Tennant certainly made me choke on my drink with his question for John:

Spoiler:
    "Me, Alan and Justin - ____, shoot and marry?

I think it was

Spoiler:
    marry,shag, and throw off a cliff

Comment

Starburst Magazine #353 - Torchwood & More:

From Visimag:

http://www.visimag.com/acatalog/VI_D..._249.html#a353

Starburst #353, August 2007
      (Reference #353)
      Scheduled publication date August 1 2007

132 pages of Sci-Fi Entertainment!

The Starburst Interviews…

Torchwood executive producer Julie Gardner to discuss the forthcoming second season featuring Buffy star James Marsters! Plus, news on The Sarah Jane Adventures

Doctor Who (2000s) Actress Freema Agyeman on returning as Martha Jones in Torchwood and then back in Doctor Who

Heroes

• Actor Greg Grunberg on playing the thought-reading cop Matt Parkman
      • Actor Masi Oka on his role as the unlikely teleporting superhero Hiro

Flash Gordon New Series! Star Eric Johnson chats about his new role as the latest incarnation of Flash

Battlestar Galactica (2000s) Set Visit! We go behind the scenes for the filming of the fourth and final season!

Journeyman We find out all there is to know from the cast and crew at the launch of this new Time travel show

Bionic Woman Star Michelle Ryan and producer David Eick take us inside this new 21st Century bionic world

The Sci-Fi Lover’s Guide to YouTube We take a personal journey through the Sci-Fi treasures available on the increasingly popular website YouTube

Who Wants to be a Superhero Stan Lee reveals what to expect from the forthcoming second season of the US ‘talent’ show!

Lost Star Terry O’Quinn take time out to talk about his role as the mysterious John Locke

1408 Star Samuel L Jackson and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura on the new Horror movie

The Starburst Vaults Reappraising genre classics – This issue: Tim Burton’s Batman

Including...

Our regular detailed look at all the new Sci-Fi and Fantasy novels, film and TV releases both new and old on DVD, and we check out the best new collectables…

Picture Desk A 'sneak peek' at the hottest publicity stills! – This issue: Doctor Who (2000s) and Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency

A look at new cinema releases 1408, Death Proof, Disturbia and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

The latest and up-to-date TV Reviews covering The 4400, The Dead Zone, Doctor Who (2000s) & Animated, Jekyll and Painkiller Jane

Book Reviews The Atrocity Archives, The Dreaming Void, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Heart of the Mirage, Hilldiggers, Saturn Returns

Comics Battlestar Galactica #11, ST:TNG – The Space Between #6,

Supernatural: Origins #3

Multimedia, DVDs, Soundtracks & Collectables

Sci-Fi Calendar All the latest release dates covering TV, movies, books and DVDs

Trailer Park We take a sideways look at the trailer for The Water Horse

Opinion Our regular columnist gives his thoughts on the worlds of Sci-Fi

In Numbers Get figure happy with Starburst’s numbers-related column! This issue: Stargate SG-1

Go to Web edition

http://www.visimag.com/starburst/353_display.htm

Price: $7.99

<><><><><><>

Feature: Torchwood

http://www.visimag.com/starburst/353_feat01.htm

(Please follow the link for the complete excerpt at Visimag.)

Feature: Torchwood

Gardner's World

Starburst recently caught up with executive producer Julie Gardner to discuss the forthcoming second season

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

"Torchwood" - BBC America Premiere Sat, Sept. 8th:

From the BBC America site:

http://www.bbcamerica.com/

TORCHWOOD

Save the planet - one alien at a time!

Premieres Saturday, September 8 at 9pm.

<><><><><><>

This site doesn't have a separate web page for Torchwood yet.

At the top of the page, on the right hand side, click on Torchwood, and a video clip of the promo commercial will play (formatted in Adobe Flash Player 9).

And here's a surprise for dial up users -- whatever BBC America has done for their video, once it loads, this puppy plays normally. No stops and stars like over at SciFi Channel's SciFi Pulse.
        Attached Files

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
          I think it was

Spoiler:
          marry,shag, and throw off a cliff
          Spoiler:
          It was, "Me, Alan and Justin. Marry, shag or throw off a cliff?" I watched it today, I Sky+ it. His answers were, David = Shag, Alan = Marry and Justin = Throw off a cliff, but he said he'd shag him first if it made him feel better.

Edit: Gotta feel sorry for the Americans, they're behind on Jekyll which was one hell of a show, plus two series' of Doctor Who, however, they get to see Atlantis before we do...
          Last edited by Hulabaloo; 15 August 2007, 02:12 PM.
          Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
          LOVE HIM-> DT
          ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by Hulabaloo View Post
            Spoiler:
            It was, "Me, Alan and Justin. Marry, shag or throw off a cliff?" I watched it today, I Sky+ it. His answers were, David = Shag, Alan = Marry and Justin = Throw off a cliff, but he said he'd shag him first if it made him feel better.

Edit: Gotta feel sorry for the Americans, they're behind on Jekyll which was one hell of a show, plus two series' of Doctor Who, however, they get to see Atlantis before we do...

Thanks. I just saw it that day via alternate means and I laughed so much during the show I may have heard it wrong.

Comment

Hee! I was just listening to one of the Big Finish audio adventures and when the Doctor was talking about "...a rather nasty little group motivated by self-interest disguised by patriotism and completely amoral. They call themselves..." I could practically hear the word "Torchwood." Alas, it was a different group, but I was too busy being amused to care.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                Hee! I was just listening to one of the Big Finish audio adventures and when the Doctor was talking about "...a rather nasty little group motivated by self-interest disguised by patriotism and completely amoral. They call themselves..." I could practically hear the word "Torchwood." Alas, it was a different group, but I was too busy being amused to care.
                Would that be the Forge, or someone else again?
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Ok gang, it's time to light the fires an' kick the tires...

As of the end of September, we will have virtually non-stop Dr. Who related programming until Wimbledon 2008.

First off - The Sarah Jane Adventures begins a 10 week run.

Next - On Christmas Day, the Dr. Who Christmas Special "Voyage of the Damned".

Then in January (probably the 2nd, taking over the slot vacated by Heroes), seaon 2 of Torchwood.

Which takes us up to March, and season 4 of Dr. Who.

Ohhhh, the antici....

...pation.
                  Last edited by BruTak; 01 September 2007, 02:06 AM.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet View Post
                    Would that be the Forge, or someone else again?
                    Yup, the Forge. Haven't run into them yet.

As for SJA, when does it start?

Comment

As for SJA, when does it start?
                      Last week of September I hear.
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

At least it'll take the edge off of Atlantis, which I'll probably watch for the first episode then give up

Comment

Yup, the Forge. Haven't run into them yet.
                          They're a lot like Torchwood 1 and rather more pro than the Cardiff mob.
                          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Zap2It: Best Bet for Sat, Sep. 8 - Torchwood:

From Zap2It:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,584|||20070908%
                            5FDATETIME%3A3366753230,00.html

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

TV Best Bets for Saturday, September 08

*All Times Eastern

Torchwood

9:00 PM - BBC America

Like "Doctor Who"? You'll love its cousin, whose title is an anagram
                            of that sci-fi stalwart's name. It chronicles the adventures of
                            investigators who use otherworldly technology to solve crimes
                            involving both aliens and humans. They're a young group, but that
                            could have a sinister explanation. John Barrowman leads the cast as
                            Capt. Jack Harkness, the group's boss.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....ood-hero-.html

'Torchwood's' hero comes out to play (and save us from aliens)

excerpt:

From the moment he swashbuckled into the reimagined "Doctor Who" universe in 2005, Capt. Jack Harkness has been an immensely appealing character.
                              Part of that appeal stems from the retro good looks of Harkness, a mysterious space adventurer clad in the sweeping greatcoat of a World War II hero. This is just my two cents, but the blue-eyed, square-jawed, energetic Capt. Jack makes Tom Cruise look like a tired old hag.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                                This is just my two cents, but the blue-eyed, square-jawed, energetic Capt. Jack makes Tom Cruise look like a tired old hag.
                                I like that woman

EDIT: Huh, when did I pass 6,100

Comment

Working...
                                X