Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured it was more a case of it not being safe for people from the Forties with Forties sensibilities and a Forties concept of rules & regs for vehicle safety being out on the roads with modern humans, their lack of sensibilities and their willful ignorance of modern rules and regs. That'd be something for after they were all well adapted to the change.

As for the piloting... meh, it could be some of the same concerns or it could be an attempt to make her/them realize that their lives are different now and they can't pick up where they left off and they have to learn to be someone new. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
      I figured it was more a case of it not being safe for people from the Forties with Forties sensibilities and a Forties concept of rules & regs for vehicle safety being out on the roads with modern humans, their lack of sensibilities and their willful ignorance of modern rules and regs.
      What? Have you driven in London recently? I drove there for over 20 years and all I saw was that every year the standards went down. So many morons on the road despite government efforts.

Not as bad as Cebu of course, it's crazy on the roads here. I refuse to drive, leave it to the wife. Plus I get to drink

Comment

So who's seen the clip for the Doctor Who episode Utopia that was shown the other day?

I was wondering what this means about the final scenes of the final Torchwood episode.
        Spoiler:

The TARDIS did not arrive inside the Torchwood facility. Does this mean that Jack just heard the TARDIS landing and just ran off, or will the Doctor in the future come back and pick Jack up as a result off meeting Jack in Utopia in some weird time loop.

Comment

Good question. Guess we'll just have to wait and see, won't we?
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I hate Torchwood. They should send in UNIT to hunt down and kill the frakkers for being so stupid.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Uh-huh?

And what's going to attract more public attention in the middle of downtown Cardiff? Five innocuous looking civillians in an SUV, or a three-an-a-half ton Army truck filled with armed to the teeth squaddies?
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
                So who's seen the clip for the Doctor Who episode Utopia that was shown the other day?

I was wondering what this means about the final scenes of the final Torchwood episode.
                Spoiler:

The TARDIS did not arrive inside the Torchwood facility. Does this mean that Jack just heard the TARDIS landing and just ran off, or will the Doctor in the future come back and pick Jack up as a result off meeting Jack in Utopia in some weird time loop.
                Spoiler:
                It does make sense - we know the TARDIS is ehard way before it appears and quite noisily, just like in the Christmas Invasion - both Jackie and Mickey heard it, Mickey through quite a lot of noise, and managed to get in place in time before it appeard. The TARDIS appearing in the hub never made sense anyway, TBH. Why would the Doctor appear there out of all lpaces, it would have suggested he knows Torchwood are there. Up til Army of Ghosts he didn't even know Torchwood existed!
                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Maybe the TARDIS is landing on the same spot it did in "Boom Town"? Which is directly above the Hub anyway.
                  sigpic

Comment

Doctor Who spoilers
                    Spoiler:
                    I think the TARDIS goes to Cardiff to refuel. Maybe Torchwood is built where the energy is strong, or maybe there wasenergy hanging over there from Jack's resurrection, or maybe it was the TARDIS itself, with its long history of going to near the place and time which the Doctor was aiming for, whenever an 'interesting' alternative is happenning not far off.

Madeleine

Comment

Ok, remember the pavingslab/lift into the Hub? The one where you're invisible until you step off?

That's where the TARDIS landed in "Boom Town". Somehow, some of the properties of the Chameleon Circuit were transfrerred to that spot.
                      sigpic

Comment

Is that canon or supposition? either way I like it

Madeleine

Comment

It's canon.

This is a direct quote from the Wikipedia entry on Torchwood - "The team's headquarters, referred to in Doctor Who Confidential as the Hub, is beneath Roald Dahl Plass in Cardiff Bay — formerly known as the Oval Basin. This is where the TARDIS landed in the Doctor Who episode Boom Town and is the location of the spacetime Rift first seen in The Unquiet Dead. The Hub itself is around 3 storeys high, with a large column running through the middle that is an extension of the fountain above (which in turn acts as an emergency escape route from the Hub)."
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                            Ok, remember the pavingslab/lift into the Hub? The one where you're invisible until you step off?

That's where the TARDIS landed in "Boom Town". Somehow, some of the properties of the Chameleon Circuit were transfrerred to that spot.
                            Yes, I remember that. The TARDIS parked there and 'something' happened (that bit was glossed over ) to cause the paving slab effect. I love that idea, no doubt we'll be seeing it again.
                            sigpic
                            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

There are a couple of things about the last episode of Torchwood and what we see in the spoiler for Doctor Who that make no sense....

Spoilers ahead... Doctor Who/Torchwood, don't read if you don't want to know... been warned blah, blah, blah.

Spoiler:
                              In the last ep of Torchwood we hear the T.A.R.D.I.S and apparently it makes things (papers) fly through the air as it materialises, the remaining Torchwood folks even comment on the "mess" that is left after Jack disappears.

Now assuming (I know we shouldn't assume anything) the spoiler for Utopia is meant to be at the same time as Jack's disappearance, why is the T.A.R.D.I.S shown to not even be near Torchwood? Now before the spoiler for Utopia I would have said Jack just stepped into the T.A.R.D.I.S.

The spoilers show him running, he is not in Torchwood.

So do we take that to mean the events are actually separate? I am thinking what with the time travel thing, we may be seeing an alternative story, which may be reset later on to join into what we see in Torchwood.

Comment

warning, the DW spoielrs are Utopia ones
                                Spoiler:
                                I now, Willow, I know. Either way ti doesn't make sense. Much like the different location of the TARDIS as opposed to the invisible lift doesn't make a lot of sense I think it does come from their need not to make Utopia a direct continuation of End of Days - the majority of their audience doesn't watch Torchwood, and as opposed to the Stargates, for example, they have every need and wish to keep them seperated, differnet audiences, ages, channels and the likes. It made compelte sense within Torchwod to end it with the TARDIS materialising within the hub - and it did make everyone think it's a result of the recent mess with Abbadon - but then DW is going to compeltely ignore it apparently other than that "the rift's been active" comment by the Doctor) - as it seems they've stopped for fueling, not because the son of the beast was going to eat Earth - so it would make no sesne DW wise for the Doctor to appear in the centre of operations of an organisation he doesn't even know is there.... and it does seem from the clip that if he knew it's there and knew Jack was there.... he'd have stayed away from Cardiff and fueled the TARDIs anywhere else he's fueled it for the past, erm, 900 years

And yeah, I also still wonder how the hell did Jack gt out of the hub - with a backpack - and into the millenium centre!
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X