Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catsitter View Post
    It would have been a bit strange for them to move it to BBC1 if they weren't going to make another series.
    I wouldn't know about that. Sorry. But if there's a potential for more on the way then I'll be a happy camper. Or at least a pensive one. Hmmm.

Comment

I'm just stunned

Comment

I'd say Jack just learned the hard way how the Doctor must feel.

Comment

That was very upsetting...... The best Torchwood has ever been by far...

Can't wait to see where it goes in the next season... Dunno how Ill wait till then but I know Ill cope...
          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Day 5 was the best episode of torchwood ever
            Spoiler:
            but it has made me hate jack, i just cant believe he did that to his grandson and after saying an injury to one is an to all, Evil jack and now torchwood has one member great!!

save stargate atlantis

Comment

O...M...G...

Thats was the best Torchwood EVER, I'd goes as far as best Who-verse story EVER.
              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Well that was a great week's TV.
                Hope the do make a Season 4, but I don't really know how they are with...

Spoiler:
                only one member of the team left alive on earth.

I got the impression from the conversation at the end that...

Spoiler:
                Jack had been searching for a way to reserect his grandson and Ianto.

Comment

I certainly wasn't expecting that, spectacular TV. As for a 4th series...
                  Spoiler:
                  With who exactly??, Jack's gone, Gwen's going to be a mum, Ianto's dead. Maybe they could rebuild it with Lois, Death-squad-woman-in-black, PC Andy and Briget. If they do recomiision it who's going to watch? John Barrowman and Jack/Ianto were they only thing that kept people watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                    Well that was a great week's TV.
                    Hope the do make a Season 4, but I don't really know how they are with...

Spoiler:
                    only one member of the team left alive on earth.
                    Spoiler:
                    Jack will be back, I was half expected the TARDIS to materilise around him... but that would be too much to ask. is Jack in the 2009 Xmas/New Year Specials?
                    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

I really, really hope there's a fourth season, somehow. Torchwood has finally found it's tone, but at quite a cost. Man that was dark.

Well, the special effects on
                      Spoiler:
                      the kid at the end
                      were a bit campy, but aside from that, wow, that was...just...dark.

Spoiler:
                      I certainly wasn't expecting Jack's grandson to die. I kept thinking, "ah, he'll turn out to have his grandad's regenerative powers." But no, he stayed dead. And don't get me started on the Civil servant killing himself and his family

This is exactly what I wanted from Torchwood from the start, but I'd hate for it to end just as it got good. Hopefully that fourth series will come about. Seeing as she was happy to defy the government, perhaps that secret agent woman and her forces will turn out to be the founding of a new torchwood?
                      You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
                      And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Jack will be back, I was half expected the TARDIS to materilise around him... but that would be too much to ask. is Jack in the 2009 Xmas/New Year Specials?
                        I edited my original post btw.

But anyhow, I remember reading somewhere that JB wanted to leave TW but they wanted the series to continue, but because they had written him into the future with the Face of Bow comment in that Doctor Who episode, they were kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. My way to deal with that, would be to upset him so much he runs away, so the ending to the episode leaves the door open for him to come back if he wants, or not to without killing the "franchise" as they call it over the pond

I could quiet easily see Series 4 of TW being without Jack in some form.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                          I certainly wasn't expecting that, spectacular TV. As for a 4th series...
                          Spoiler:
                          With who exactly??, Jack's gone, Gwen's going to be a mum, Ianto's dead. Maybe they could rebuild it with Lois, Death-squad-woman-in-black, PC Andy and Briget. If they do recomiision it who's going to watch? John Barrowman and Jack/Ianto were they only thing that kept people watching.
                          Spoiler:
                          Well I imagine Jack isn't gone forever, I just think he needs time away from Earth, away from the memories.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            is Jack in the 2009 Xmas/New Year Specials?
                            Spoiler:
                            Rumour is that the last specials are a flashback of the Doctor's 10th regeneration, so it's not like Jack and Donna are really 'there' even though John Barrowman and Catherine Tate were filming them. Rumour number 2 is that Timothy Dalton is playing Rassilon and it's him that's taking the Doctor on a tour of his regeneration and this could be where they get around the sticky problem of what happens when the 13th regenerations happens

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                              I edited my original post btw.

But anyhow, I remember reading somewhere that JB wanted to leave TW but they wanted the series to continue, but because they had written him into the future with the Face of Bow comment in that Doctor Who episode, they were kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. My way to deal with that, would be to upset him so much he runs away, so the ending to the episode leaves the door open for him to come back if he wants, or not to without killing the "franchise" as they call it over the pond

I could quiet easily see Series 4 of TW being without Jack in some form.
                              What?

SG-1: Seasons 9 & 10 anyone? don't get me wrong I liked 9 and 10, but i know alot of people dont. and from reading this, people wouldn't watch torchwood without Jack. freaky two Jack's leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Rumour is that the last specials are a flashback of the Doctor's 10th regeneration, so it's not like Jack and Donna are really 'there' even though John Barrowman and Catherine Tate were filming them. Rumour number 2 is that Timothy Dalton is playing Rassilon and it's him that's taking the Doctor on a tour of his regeneration and this could be where they get around the sticky problem of what happens when the 13th regenerations happens
                                Ooooh *Giddy*

Comment

Working...
                                X