Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naonak View Post

Now I just hope the rest of those rumours on season three aren't true...
    Spoiler:
    I wouldn't mind
    Spoiler:
    Martha
    joining if it was done well, but
    Spoiler:
    reducing Jack to recurring
    and making it more family friendly is ridiculous...
    Spoiler:
    I think the family friendly bit is from a old interview with Burn Gorman about the family friendly editions that were done for season two
    A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      Spoiler:
      Oh and Mr Mallozzi, if you're reading this, That is how you kill characters and keep your fan's respect, you don't blow them up with exploding tumors
      To be fair...
      Spoiler:
      there will be fans upset about this and no doubt some who will start a campain to bring 'em back some fans will always have a problem with how characters are shown the door.

Personally I loved Sunday until SGAs season 4 bring 'em back pandering started so.. shrugs... I just think fans need to get a reality check and stop hounding shows to bring characters back.

IMHO of course.

Having said that I am glad Jack keeps coming back for more.

Comment

Why exactly do we need the spoiler brackets for Exit Wounds? It showed on BBC2, and the thread itself says "Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK". If you come here before watching the episode and accidently spoil yourself, isn't that your own fault?

I'm all for blanking out the spoilers when there is a stated reason such as the episode hasn't aired yet, or rumors, or leaked scripts etc. But it aired. It's natural that people want to post about it and they shouldn't have to use the spoiler thingee.

Maybe I'm just touchy because of Tosh and Owen both dying in last night's episode. But come on, people... it's already aired.
        Reveling in my multi-shipper happy place...and drooling over Sheppard.

My SG-1 Fanfic (Atlantis fic coming soon)

Comment

Well... We have forum members in forn parts, who may not have seen the ep yet.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

The finale left me as a sobbing mess. The ending was so bloody sad.

Spoiler:
            The whole story was heartbreakingly sad. Grey being such a mess because he was tortured for such a long time by those monsters. I wasn't really sure in the beginning if Jack had killed Grey but I guess he simply couldn't do it. John. Wow. James Masters hasn't been that good in a long while and that his character practically did a U-Turn at the end was unexpected. What was really unexpected was the death of Tosh. Dear Tosh. I loved Tosh! When Eva Myles said in the Declassified that the tears were not acted but that she was in fact crying hard....understandable. It was heartbreaking and when the whole team put the things together from both Owen and Tosh, I cried even more. BTW being burried 1900 years under Cardiff can't be good for you. If that hasn't had any consequences on the psyche from Jack I'll be damned. This episode just HURT. Rhys ....yes I have to say a couple of words about dear Rhys. I really loved him in this episode.....is there actually an episode in which I don't live Rhys :scratches head: Nope. he was wonderful as usual and so was actually Gwen. I loved it that really every single team member got some really great scenes. This was a team episode.
            So BBC...PLEASE will you bloody well tell us what will happen now?! Will we get another series or not?! Tell us ******* it!!!!
            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
              Well... We have forum members in forn parts, who may not have seen the ep yet.
              again the thread title does say spoilers for all eps aired in the UK...

they shouldnt be in the thread if they dont want to be spoiled on those....
              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Great season finale indeed and overall a better season than the first, especially the episodes starring Capt. John. I suppose we will see more of him in the future.

Now, we did lose tech girl and medical guy, but it was nicely handled. And would worry too much about their replacements. Since people can do without physical bodies in the Whoniverse, I get the feeling Owen will be back to haunt them in some form. If you can be walking corpse, you can easily be a ghost stuck between two worlds.
                And Tosh is probably safe in the freezer, waiting for some magical glove (or maybe a Doctor) to bring her back to life. Meanwhile she can keep Susie company in the great nothingness.

Now, I'm really interested in how those three grim reapers will come into play. Their appearance didnt make much sense now, but I am sure it will later on. Oh, and the radio play, will that be only Jack, Gwen and Iantho?
                Et populus improbos in divino iudicio vestro tradibit,
                ubi pecamina illorum in pondera pendibuntur
                cum omnibus iustis ac veris. – E Libro Originis

Comment

Originally posted by Forseti (a.k.a. Thor's lawyer) View Post
                  Now, I'm really interested in how those three grim reapers will come into play. Their appearance didnt make much sense now, but I am sure it will later on.
                  I loved that bit, had me laughing a lot.
                  Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                  LOVE HIM-> DT
                  ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by Hulabaloo View Post
                    I loved that bit, had me laughing a lot.
                    It reminded me of the scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where Indy is confronted by an Arab with a sword, pulls out his gun, shoots they guy, and gets on with the business of rescuing Marion Ravenwood.
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                      again the thread title does say spoilers for all eps aired in the UK...

they shouldnt be in the thread if they dont want to be spoiled on those....
                      We only have one TW thread, so it's not possible for furriners to be certain of avoiding spoilers - they can't tell where posts from one ep will end and posts from another will start, especially as some here are typing about the ep9 they've just seen aired at the same time as others of us are watching ep12. We have at least three continents showing the programme and so there seem to be at least three parallel schedules staggered by weeks or fortnights.

As a "beware" there is a spoiler warning in the title; as a courtesy, the brits / BBC3 viewers have tended to tag anything drasticly spoilery, even though aired, just in case

Madeleine

Comment

We need Torchwood season folders.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

It reminded me of the scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where Indy is confronted by an Arab with a sword, pulls out his gun, shoots they guy, and gets on with the business of rescuing Marion Ravenwood.
                          That was a brilliant scene. lol. I love that bit. Heh.

Ugh, I don't have time for this. *Shoots*

Spoiler:
                          Almost, if not everybody, I talk to and watch TW say they cried as well. I cried too. Heartbreaking. Truly. Just so ouch.

But yes, we've gotta move on. *Nods*

And might I point people in the direction of this LJ post in a TW comm. It says it all regarding Owen & Tosh.: It's all right, really
                          Reinette Poisson: My Dear Doctor... I have seen the world inside your head and know that all things are possible. Hurry then my love; my days grow shorter now and I am so very weak. Godspeed my lonely angel. ~ The Girl in the Fireplace, New Doctor Who, ses. 2.

42 = Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything ~ The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

My IJ

Comment

Yea! I never noticed that.

Also, did anyone notice how the "I forgive you." was very echo-ey of DW finale of s3? He said it and then I thought, 'Hang on, that's what the Doctor says...'
                            Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                            LOVE HIM-> DT
                            ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Also, did anyone notice how the "I forgive you." was very echo-ey of DW finale of s3? He said it and then I thought, 'Hang on, that's what the Doctor says...'
                              Well, lots of people say I forgive you. What else was he supposed to say? lol.

But I don't blame ya. lol.
                              Reinette Poisson: My Dear Doctor... I have seen the world inside your head and know that all things are possible. Hurry then my love; my days grow shorter now and I am so very weak. Godspeed my lonely angel. ~ The Girl in the Fireplace, New Doctor Who, ses. 2.

42 = Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything ~ The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

My IJ

Comment

Also, did anyone notice
                                Spoiler:
                                how the "I forgive you." was very echo-ey of DW finale of s3? He said it and then I thought, 'Hang on, that's what the Doctor says...
                                '
                                Actually I think you are spot on. Until I hear otherwise.
                                Spoiler:
                                I think Jack has learned so much about being compassionate and a better man from The Doctor during their time together *insert cheeky grin* and I think this was a mirror of the finales... in a way... sort of 'cause you know The Master and The Doctor do have that odd relationship, not blood but still strangely linked, one a good Timelord the other a real nutter. Jack trying to be a better man and his brother a real nutter!

And I agree FOB we do most certainly NEED a separate section now for Torchwood eps! This is getting ridiculous! *eyes Darren* I hope if we get a series 3 that GW (Darren) will bless us with a Torchwood eps folder.

Comment

Working...
                                X