Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood Episode Discussion (Spoilers for all eps aired in the UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    Exit Wounds:

First of...

YAY! Proof that it WAS Toshiko in Aliens of London! Excellent!

Secondly... poor Owen and Tosh. I'd really come to like those two, it's such a shame.... I just hope Martha isn't Owen's replacement.

Thirdly... Anyone still desperate to know what the bloody Weevils are?!
    Last edited by Flyboy; 04 April 2008, 01:12 PM.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
      Exit Wounds:

Spoiler:
      First of...

YAY! Proof that it WAS Toshiko in Aliens of London! Excellent!

Secondly... poor Owen and Tosh. I'd really come to like those two, it's such a shame.... I just hope Martha isn't Owen's replacement.

Thirdly... Anyone still desperate to know what the bloody Weevils are?!
      Thanks FOB, you've just ruined it for me

I HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET YOU MORON, WHAT THE *BLEEP* DO YOU THINK THE SPOILER BUTTON'S FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Last edited by Reefgirl; 04 April 2008, 01:58 PM. Reason: Edited by request for Spoilers

Comment

Well, cripes, there goes my least favourite and most favourite Torchwood characters (Owen and Tosh, respectivley.) I guess next series will be a bit of a minor-reboot getting their replacement characters settled in.
        You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
        And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
          Thanks FOB, you've just ruined it for me

I HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET YOU MORON, WHAT THE *BLEEP* DO YOU THINK THE SPOILER BUTTON'S FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Reefgirl, I'm really sorry, but in my defence, this wasn't a BBC3 aired episode and the thread title says spoilers for all eps aired in the UK, so I figured it wouldn't hurt.

I'm really sorry.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Reefgirl, I'm really sorry, but in my defence, this wasn't a BBC3 aired episode and the thread title says spoilers for all eps aired in the UK, so I figured it wouldn't hurt.

I'm really sorry.
            I know that but the least you could have done was use the spoiler button, especially as you've pretty much given away the ending, it was barely 10 minutes after the episode ended you posted and I'd been in from work less that 15 minutes, I'm sure there are many like me that are in the same boat.

Comment

I'm greetin' like a bairn here!

Best.

Episode.

Ever!!!!!

If we can get writing like this on a sci-fi show, why the hell do the "normal" people who watch those godawful *blech* soaps turn their noses up at it?
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I've put my post in spoilers, if you'd be willing to put my quoted post into spoilers too, that will stop anyone else being spoiled.

Like I said, I'm sorry, I was buzzing from the episode and didn't use spoilers as I just went off on autopilot as it was a BBC2 aired episode. I don't think I've given away a huge amount, but I am sorry.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I've put my post in spoilers, if you'd be willing to put my quoted post into spoilers too, that will stop anyone else being spoiled.

Like I said, I'm sorry, I was buzzing from the episode and didn't use spoilers as I just went off on autopilot as it was a BBC2 aired episode. I don't think I've given away a huge amount, but I am sorry.
                  My post has been edited

Comment

Wow, that was brilliant, though I must confessed I preffered the season one finale <ducks from expected hail of abuse>.

Spoiler:
                    Thoughts on the finale as a whole:

The deaths were brilliantly done, had my mum who has watched about a sixth all the episods in tears and if I was not watching the ep by myself I probably would have been unselfconcious enough to cry too, though if Owen's dead does this mean we will never get the whole King of the Weevilsthing resolved?

Do they really expect us to believe that anyone could spend that much time buried and retain their sanity?

Thoughts on Season Two as a whole:

That blew me away and showed once and for all that a show can recover from a bad first season. Torchwood has totally redeemed itself in my eyes, showing exactly what a darker edgier Doctor Who can be. Throughout the course of this season the annoying hatefilled cast from the original one have grown on me and the deaths this season hit harder than any other event I can remember since Doctor Who returned. At the end of season one I was fairly indifferent to whether there would be a second season, but now I feel that if there is not a third one I will be very upset, not SG1-cancellation-upset but upset none the less.

Why was there no mention of Billis all season? Who was he?

Thoughts for Season three:

Captain John is probably going to jon Torchwood.
                    I reckon Martha's going to be the new medic. But we still need a new sciencey person, who can replace Tosh?
                    I want more Billis.
                    I sincerly hope Owen returns, even for just one ep, so that the whole King of the Weevils thing is resolved.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Atleast we found out the name of that one alien from the begining of 'Love And Monsters' (DW season 28). 'Hiox' or something close to that according to Owen.
                      Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Atleast we found out the name of that one alien from the begining of 'Love And Monsters' (DW season 28). 'Hiox' or something close to that according to Owen.
                        Spoiler:
                        I thought we already knoew that...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I thought we already knoew that...
                          Spoiler:
                          We saw the alien in DW. It was just never mentioned what it was.
                          I am really p**ed off that Tosh died. I would've thought it would have been Gray instead. What aliens do you think it was that took Gray when he and Jack were running at the Boeshane Peninsula. I'm just going to be random and say Daleks.
                          Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Spoiler:
                            I am really p**ed off that Tosh died. I would've thought it would have been Gray instead. What aliens do you think it was that took Gray when he and Jack were running at the Boeshane Peninsula. I'm just going to be random and say Daleks.
                            Spoiler:
                            I doubt it was daleks. Daleks would have killed everyone. I was wondering if it wasn't something similar to the stone angels from season 3 of doctor who. Only without the weakness of turning to stone when you look at them.

Anyway I just watched the ep on Iplayer and my god that was an amazing end to season 2. And what a shocker too.

Spoiler:
                            I feel so bad for Owen and Tosh. I never thought much of them in season 1 but this entire season and made me think of them in a whole different light.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:

Nah, no way Daleks. Daleks would exterminate outright and not leave corpses... no... I reckon it's something new, something Wraith like.

Btw...any clues as to what those reaper like thingys were?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Nah, no way Daleks. Daleks would exterminate outright and not leave corpses... no... I reckon it's something new, something Wraith like.

Btw...any clues as to what those reaper like thingys were?

Spoiler:
                                I got the impression they were just some members from some medieval cult that came through the rift....

It did seem like they just jammed it in to the episode for WTF moment in the trailer though
                                A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Working...
                                X