• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
    Gory, yes. Very. Scary... not too much.
    whats gory?
    sigpic

Comment

I was a bit worried about the scariness myself before watching (I hate the typical scaring tactics such as monsters suddenly appearing from some dark corner combined with some very fast camera cuts in a scene), but the pacing of this episode's tension is more like a thriller than a typical B grade horror movie. It's an intelligent type of scaring where you worry about the character and how the story is progressing naturally, rather than what kind of lighting tricks and split second camera actions the director is going to use. There were several instances where I expected some cheap trick to happen but much to my liking it never happened in the way I feared. There are of course some events that are wholly unexpected for the main character, but it all fits in the story and it's not done to freak out the viewer as such.
      I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
        I am actually to afraid to watch this alone... is it really scary?...
        Not at all....unless your afraid of zombies.

Comment

'The Walking Dead' premiere attracts 5.3 million viewers

The Walking Dead certainly livened things up Halloween night: The zombie-centric series gave AMC its highest premiere ratings in history Sunday, pulling in 5.3 million viewers. Walking Dead attracted 3.6 million adults 18-49, 3.1 million adults 25-54, and 2.1 million adults 18-34. And the premiere didn’t just break records for AMC — it boasted the highest debut for any 2010 cable series. “It’s a good day to be dead. We are so proud of this series, its depth of storytelling and the remarkable talent attached,” Charlie Collier, AMC’s president, said in a press release. “As the network dedicated to bringing viewers the best stories on television, we are so pleased to have the opportunity with ‘The Walking Dead’ to raise the bar within this popular genre and continue our commitment to being the home of premium television on basic cable.”

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010/11/01...llion-viewers/

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
            whats gory?
            the definition of gory? or what part of the show was gory?

i'm not going to define it. but one scene comes to mind
            Spoiler:
            the horse he rides into Atlanta on gets eaten and they spare at no expense on the details of the zombies gutting this poor thing. It was really kind of awesome lol

Comment

Great premiere last night. IMO, this show definitely lived up to the hype. I can't wait to see what happens next Sunday night.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Frak yeah!
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The premiere was amazing, I just hope they can keep it up. I don't know how long you can make zombies interesting for, since all they do is moan, look gross and eat flesh.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                    The premiere was amazing, I just hope they can keep it up. I don't know how long you can make zombies interesting for, since all they do is moan, look gross and eat flesh.
                    Sounds like a permanent television fixture to me!
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This show will be about more than just the zombies. It will focus on the characters and their continual struggle to stay alive. That is why this show shouldn't get old.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        This show will be about more than just the zombies. It will focus on the characters and their continual struggle to stay alive. That is why this show shouldn't get old.
                        Indeedy!

Comment

That was an awesome premiere.

Comment

Sounds like "Big Brother" to me, except for the eating flesh I hope this is much better than reality TV which is the worse thing to ever grace TV
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              Sounds like "Big Brother" to me, except for the eating flesh I hope this is much better than reality TV which is the worse thing to ever grace TV
                              Better than reality TV? That shouldn't be hard.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

i couldn't be happier with this show so far, and i've read and re read every comic thus far. nothing short of mind blowing that frank darabont worked so hard for this show to come about.
                                Jack O'Neill - "Hammond is insisting SG-1 needs a sociopolitical nerd to offset our overwhelming coolness."

Comment

Working...
                                X