The 100 (CW) new Sci-Fi series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    I wonder, if the CW exec's are going to take that into consideration if the US viewership drops some in whether they can it or not.
    They will not. Foreign ratings don't impact the money they make
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      They will not. Foreign ratings don't impact the money they make
      What he said.

If ratings drop in the US, and they decide to cancel, then the rest of the world can blame the US-viewers (yet again).
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        What he said.

If ratings drop in the US, and they decide to cancel, then the rest of the world can blame the US-viewers (yet again).
        That's a little harsh. Its the same way for foreign shows. Continuum's success, for example. is determined on how many Canadians watch
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          That's a little harsh. Its the same way for foreign shows. Continuum's success, for example. is determined on how many Canadians watch
          Hence why the 'yet again' is in between brackets. I know, it's the case for all shows from whatever country they originate.

Comment

The only show I know that was ever said have been influence by foreign tv numbers, was 24, where one of FOX executives or the producers said that the huge numbers it pull in for the BBC was one of the deciding factors in renewing it. They sold the rights to Sky for a lot of money later on.

But back to CW it was interesting that I read this interview on TV.com

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-100/comm...-140569917327/

On Beauty and the Beast's surprise renewal:
            In a cruel twist of fate, the widely panned drama Beauty and the Beast was the subject of more questions than any other show, thanks to one reporter who brought it up so many times during the session that Pedowitz offered to send him the box set. As for the reason Cat and Vincent managed to escape death this season, it essentially came down to the fact that Beasties be crazy (and also money): [The show] has a very engaged fanbase," Pedowitz said. "It has a very big international following. We brought it back because... it's a very profitable show for everybody." As for what's to come in Season 3, "[Cat and Vincent are] out in public. They're a couple. They have to find a life together. [Executive producer Brad Kern] has a really good place to go in terms of their discovering cases, working together as they go forward. He is a medical doctor in the show. And you know what? He'll get his license back."
            So it seems that CW does international viewing figures into account for some of it shows, or perhaps he was just to frighten of beasties to cancel it.
            Last edited by knowles2; 20 July 2014, 10:01 AM.

Comment

I am enjoying this show. But I am detecting plots within plots. There is something we're not being told.
              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
              To thy own self... Be true
              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                So it seems that CW does international viewing figures into account for some of it shows, or perhaps he was just to frighten of beasties to cancel it.
                That gives me some hope then, that they look to the UK and other countries where the 100 is big.

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                I am enjoying this show. But I am detecting plots within plots. There is something we're not being told.
                We are 10 eps in, barely half a proper season. So of course there are going to be things we have not figured out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  The only show I know that was ever said have been influence by foreign tv numbers, was 24, where one of FOX executives or the producers said that the huge numbers it pull in for the BBC was one of the deciding factors in renewing it. They sold the rights to Sky for a lot of money later on.

But back to CW it was interesting that I read this interview on TV.com

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-100/comm...-140569917327/

That's what we call spin
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Here in the UK we're only about 3 episodes in to the series.
                    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                    To thy own self... Be true
                    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I can't wait for the new season to come back! :-)
                      sigpic

Comment

Oct 22nd is when season 2 hits!

Comment

hooray, looking for the return of this show.

Comment

I can't remember why I didn't make it through the pilot episode, but it's on Netflix now, so I think I may give it another try.

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                              I can't remember why I didn't make it through the pilot episode, but it's on Netflix now, so I think I may give it another try.
                              Just give it a few episodes... if you can.

Comment

Yea, around ep 4 it started getting good.

Comment

Working...
                                X