No announcement yet.

The 100 (CW) new Sci-Fi series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You didn't specify genre. I thought you meant just number of shows.

I honestly think the investment of tv show and making a big deal about when shows get cancelled is kind of stupid.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Another good episode. An clarke needs to use her M16 one handed more often.

I wonder how many of the 100 Lincoln could take out without them even noticing, given that he was able to plant a flower right in front of them without them noticing.

Raven is one scary chick,
      Flin or one of the other characters: the bridge survive a nuclear war,
      Raven "it won't survive me."

I reckon the mountain men have the survivors from the crash. Shame we didn't hear anything about the ark this week.
      Last edited by knowles2; 23 May 2014, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        You didn't specify genre. I thought you meant just number of shows.

I honestly think the investment of tv show and making a big deal about when shows get cancelled is kind of stupid.
        I did mean TV shows in general Just finished watching Arrow season 2 and I like how they didn't really end it on a major cliffhanger, but they kept it open so if it was cancelled it could have ended where ir was but also if it got renewed it was open to continue. Maybe other shows should take a leaf out of Arrows book on how to end the season. That way there won't be as many shows ending without a resolution if they get cancelled.
        sigpic

Comment

Arrow S1 ended on a cliffhanger.
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I started watching out of curiosity. It's the CW so expect teen-stuff to take place, but it surprised me in a good kind of way. I like the cast and the characters. The premise of the show too, except that you do have to suspend believe a lot. I mean, 97 years... that's a bit short, wouldn't you think so.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            I recon the mountain men have the survivors from the crash. Shame we didn't hear anything about the ark this week.
            You mean the pod that came down with the rebels... I doubt anyone survived that crash.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Arrow S1 ended on a cliffhanger.
              You know I can't remember that far back Maybe they learned while making season 2 to not risk ending on cliffies as they'll more than likely be cancelled in a season or 2.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                You know I can't remember that far back Maybe they learned while making season 2 to not risk ending on cliffies as they'll more than likely be cancelled in a season or 2.
                However, that was not the case for Arrow -- they knew even before they were halfway that they would get a second season.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  However, that was not the case for Arrow -- they knew even before they were halfway that they would get a second season.
                  The writers of Arrow have admitted to being Buffy fans. They like using the premise of a Big Bad per season.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I started watching out of curiosity. It's the CW so expect teen-stuff to take place, but it surprised me in a good kind of way. I like the cast and the characters. The premise of the show too, except that you do have to suspend believe a lot. I mean, 97 years... that's a bit short, wouldn't you think so.

You mean the pod that came down with the rebels... I doubt anyone survived that crash.
                    Maybe it wasn't really a nuclear attack. After all their has to be a way for the Grounders to survive down there.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

A dirty bomb perhaps... there is lots of mention of radioactivity.

Comment

The people on the Ark thought it was nuclear attack. It seems they have been wrong about a lot of things recently
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Not really, actually someone did the maths and even the dirtiest bomb we could make, a cobalt device, earth would be habitable in as little 100 years, perfectly safe in 200 years.
                          Plus radiation wouldn't be spread evenly across the planet, there be low and high levels of radiation in different places. The grounders could have been luck enough to have been in a low radiation zone.

The highest death toll wouldn't come from radiation or even directly from the bombs themselves, it be from the nuclear winter that would occur and last for at least 2 year if not longer.

Comment

Mmm... well, let's not put that to the test. At least, not more than we already have.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              Okay. What about sci-fi type. They don't seem to getting a fair crack of the whip lately.

I seen too many shows cancelled now that I'm kinda reluctant to start watching a new show as it'll more than likely not get renewed after the next season. I suppose I could tape it and wait and see what happens before I decide to watch it. Done that with Arrow this season. Watched all of season 2 in a few days there.
                              Exactly. The 100 and TP were imo their only Sci-fi focused ones. The others are all either vampire based, or Arrow. We know they ain't gonna kill their pop star (Arrow) nor the vamp ones since there are so many fans of them it seems. But the Scifi ones (the 100 and TP) are fair game. They already canned the TP, and though the 100 got a 2nd season it seems, whether it lasts beyond that is anyone's guess.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                Exactly. The 100 and TP were imo their only Sci-fi focused ones. The others are all either vampire based, or Arrow. We know they ain't gonna kill their pop star (Arrow) nor the vamp ones since there are so many fans of them it seems. But the Scifi ones (the 100 and TP) are fair game. They already canned the TP, and though the 100 got a 2nd season it seems, whether it lasts beyond that is anyone's guess.
                                TP had very bad ratings, o.3 throughout April.
                                The 100 even without new episodes Arrow in support seem to be remaining stable at 0.5 to 0.6

What even more where TP got neutral to negative reviews, The 100 is getting great reviews from critics.
                                Last edited by knowles2; 24 May 2014, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X