No announcement yet.

Abandon All Hope (510)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God; the creator of Man, Angels, Archangels and practically everything else... apparently.

Just to clarify, Lucifer. Does Lucifer want to kill God, or Michael? If Michael, then I suppose it could happen, being that Michael can probably be killed, just as any angel, demon or human can be, but to kill God? I'm really curious as to how a fallen Archangel (or even a non-fallen Archangel) can kill something that, by all accounts, has the power to literally do anything.

In theory, all God has to do to defeat Lucifer, is click his fingers, and whisk Lucifer out of existance. It really is that simple. We know also, that God is in the season final. I've a theory to that. Firstly, I'd like all to take note that Angels seem to be able to bring back the dead. My theory, is that Sam and Dean will both end up saying yes, and as Lucifer and Michael, will end up killing each other, or at least trying too.

The way I see it, it can go two ways, either God will step in to calm the situation down, then Sam and Dean will go back to their life, and God will take the Angels back up to wherever it is they belong, and get on with their life.

Or, Sam/Lucifer and Dean/Michael will fight, and die. God, with all that power will bring Sam and Dean back to life. What becomes of Lucifer and Michael I wouldn't dare speculate. Its pretty solid now that we're going to get a season 6 out of this, will be interesting to see how that plays out.

If season 5 ends with this story being told, then I can't see how we can have a season 6, it would essentially be Sam and Dean going back to their old hunts; and for them, and us viewers, how can that be fun anymore? If they drag this story out though, to the end of season 6, it'll be then that we get the big showdown.
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
      God; the creator of Man, Angels, Archangels and practically everything else... apparently.

Just to clarify, Lucifer. Does Lucifer want to kill God, or Michael? If Michael, then I suppose it could happen, being that Michael can probably be killed, just as any angel, demon or human can be, but to kill God? I'm really curious as to how a fallen Archangel (or even a non-fallen Archangel) can kill something that, by all accounts, has the power to literally do anything.

In theory, all God has to do to defeat Lucifer, is click his fingers, and whisk Lucifer out of existance. It really is that simple. We know also, that God is in the season final. I've a theory to that. Firstly, I'd like all to take note that Angels seem to be able to bring back the dead. My theory, is that Sam and Dean will both end up saying yes, and as Lucifer and Michael, will end up killing each other, or at least trying too.

The way I see it, it can go two ways, either God will step in to calm the situation down, then Sam and Dean will go back to their life, and God will take the Angels back up to wherever it is they belong, and get on with their life.

Or, Sam/Lucifer and Dean/Michael will fight, and die. God, with all that power will bring Sam and Dean back to life. What becomes of Lucifer and Michael I wouldn't dare speculate. Its pretty solid now that we're going to get a season 6 out of this, will be interesting to see how that plays out.

If season 5 ends with this story being told, then I can't see how we can have a season 6, it would essentially be Sam and Dean going back to their old hunts; and for them, and us viewers, how can that be fun anymore? If they drag this story out though, to the end of season 6, it'll be then that we get the big showdown.
      Kripke has stated several times that this storyline will be wrapped up this season. So if we get a Season 6, which we better, it will begin a new chapter for the show and its characters.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Kripke has stated several times that this storyline will be wrapped up this season. So if we get a Season 6, which we better, it will begin a new chapter for the show and its characters.
        Yes, I've read this is well... IMHO, I think if they did drag this Lucifier, Michael, and God Arc across a whole other season...it seem like their beating a dead horse.
        sigpic

Comment

I didn't know about that.

Either way though, from what I've read, they are going to give us a 6th season, I just can't see where they can go following God, and the Devil. What else is left? You can't really get any bigger than that, not unless we end up meeting God's creator, or his brothers and sisters... but I really doubt they'll go down that road. Think that'll be a little.. too big.
          sigpic
          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

I've read where the writers joke about discussing God's motivation for doing this or that. And whatever they come up with will have to be a pretty compelling argument why he/she doesn't just do the snapping of fingers and making everything fine. And I'm with Dean here...no 'God works in mysterious ways' please.

I can just hear Dean, or Sam, asking why he was left to suffer in hell for all those years. Why wasn't he rescued earlier before he broke the first seal?...and so on.

I have yet another theory about what may happen.
            Dean and Sam may have good reasons to eventually say yes..and maybe because they're the chosen vessels...it won't destroy their minds the way it seems to with the other angels and their vessels. So at the end of the finale fight, assuming they aren't killed, they could be returned to their old selves, maybe.

I hope that even if Kripke decides there's not going to be a Season 6 .. he doesn't kill them off. I thought I wouldn't mind mind them going out in a blaze of glory...but now it's getting closer I've changed my mind...

For once....I want a happy ending!

And what can they do for a sixth Season? It doesn't have to get bigger to be good but they do have to come up with something different and interesting...and that's not impossible. I reckon if Kripke doesn't think it can work then there won't be another Season.
            sigpic

Comment

Either way though, from what I've read, they are going to give us a 6th season, I just can't see where they can go following God, and the Devil. What else is left? You can't really get any bigger than that, not unless we end up meeting God's creator, or his brothers and sisters... but I really doubt they'll go down that road. Think that'll be a little.. too big.
              I have learned over the seasons to have a lot of faith in Kripke and Company. I have no doubt in my mind, if there is a sixth season, they will come up with an interesting storyline for our heroes.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Congrats on 4,000 posts, Lizzie, and 23,000 posts, Fifth!

But back to the discussion. I've read somewhere that Kripke said if you can't go bigger, you go smaller, more intimate. If there's a sixth season (and I sure hope there will be!) with his imagination and vision, I'm sure that he will think of some kind of quandry at the end of S5 that Sam and Dean will have to resolve down the line, something personal. Like finding their Dad as in S1, killing the YED in S2, trying to save Dean from hell in S3... As long as they let him do his stuff and don't interfere I'm sure any future seasons will be great, or at least very enjoyable.

sigpic
                Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post

But back to the discussion. I've read somewhere that Kripke said if you can't go bigger, you go smaller, more intimate. If there's a sixth season (and I sure hope there will be!) with his imagination and vision, I'm sure that he will think of some kind of quandry at the end of S5 that Sam and Dean will have to resolve down the line, something personal. Like finding their Dad as in S1, killing the YED in S2, trying to save Dean from hell in S3... As long as they let him do his stuff and don't interfere I'm sure any future seasons will be great, or at least very enjoyable.
                  I couldn't agree more with that. BTW, thanks for the congrats.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

This is what I've gotten out of Kripke's interviews as well. That it isn't about going 'bigger'. It's about finding another compelling story to tell in the lives of the Winchesters.

Are we still discussing Abandon All Hope? I think we kinda strayed into "Season 5 General Discussion" here!

Comment

Where did you read that?

I have learned over the seasons to have a lot of faith in Kripke and Company. I have no doubt in my mind, if there is a sixth season, they will come up with an interesting storyline for our heroes.
                      Amen!
                      sigpic

Comment

I agree... I'm sure Kripke will come up with something worth watching.
                        Thanks for the congrats
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                          I agree... I'm sure Kripke will come up with something worth watching.
                          Thanks for the congrats
                          After seeing what he has done with this show over the past 5 seasons, I don't think there is any way to doubt Kripke.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I've read where the writers joke about discussing God's motivation for doing this or that. And whatever they come up with will have to be a pretty compelling argument why he/she doesn't just do the snapping of fingers and making everything fine.

I can just hear Dean, or Sam, asking why he was left to suffer in hell for all those years. Why wasn't he rescued earlier before he broke the first seal?...and so on.
                            There is only one reason that I can think of that'll answer these kind of questions; that being, God isn't as powerful as we've been led to believe.

For all we know, God created the Archangels, and Angels, and then us Humans, but he isn't actually all powerful like everyone seems to speculate. He may not have had the power, just as Angels or Archangels don't.

Dean and Sam may have good reasons to eventually say yes..and maybe because they're the chosen vessels...it won't destroy their minds the way it seems to with the other angels and their vessels. So at the end of the finale fight, assuming they aren't killed, they could be returned to their old selves, maybe.
                            A good theory, but I doubt it. From how I understand, one of them has to kill the other, permanently.

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                            Where did you read that?
                            http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/t...nsational.html
                            sigpic
                            It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Supernatural stars sensationally reveal: We WILL be back for Season 6
                              By David Bentley on Jun 1, 09 05:29 PM
                              Spoiler:

Special report by Morag Cuddeford-Jones

FANS of the hit US TV show Supernatural can breathe a sigh of relief after stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles sensationally revealed that they would be returning for a sixth season.

Speculation had been rife that the show's creator, Erik Kripke, was going to stick to his original idea of creating a five-year-only story for the hugely successful ghost-hunting show.
                              As they hunt their way across America with only a classic car and some serious weaponry for company, this story of two monster-chasing brothers has seen snowballing popularity.

But fans had feared that, with the finale of season four approaching on ITV2, they only had one more series to enjoy before its conclusion in spring 2010.

But, in Birmingham at the weekend for the show's European convention, Asylum 3, I spoke to both Jared and Jensen, who take joint leads in the show as demon-slaying brothers Sam and Dean Winchester. They confirmed that they had signed on the dotted line for season six.

I asked Jensen if he'd made plans for any movies after he wrapped filming on series five. To begin with, he was playing his cards close to his chest: "We find out around January time if the show is going to be picked up again for another season."

But then he let it slip. I asked him if he'd want to go back for a sixth season and he answered: "I have to. I have a six-year contract." Well, that settles that, then.

When Jared was asked what he planned to be doing after Supernatural Five, he simply answered: "Supernatural Six. My best guess is that Supernatural will go beyond season five."

Jared also credited the fans, both in the states and the UK, for getting it this far: "Thanks to all you guys. It's because you've been getting the word out and we really appreciate it."

Jensen added: "Kripke does only have a five-year contract for Supernatural and the studio doesn't have to carry it on for six seasons."

But it seems that the actors, fans and studio hotshots are all keen to see the show go on. Jared told me: "Season four has had the best viewing figures we've ever seen and it just seems to be on an upward curve so the studio's really keen to see more."

Fans at Asylum 3 in Birmingham's Hilton Metropole greeted the news with whoops of joy and a deafening round of applause.

However, Jared did issue a warning. Ironically, having just starred in a season four episode entitled Jump the Shark - a term used in the TV industry for the point when a show becomes too unbelievable to be watchable - Jared told the audience that if he felt the season six storyline was going to jump the shark for real, he wouldn't go on.

He said: "I was a huge fan of Lost - I'd never seen a drama series that I loved so much. But as I continued to watch it, it started to get complicated for the sake of being complicated. It could have been so complete, it could have just answered the questions that it asked as opposed to saying 'let's blow some stuff up and we'll figure it out later'. I don't want that to happen. If there's still a story to tell and still something for me to bring to the show as Sam Winchester, then absolutely."

The growing chasm between the otherwise tight-knit brothers has had fans biting their nails to the quick as the series progresses and it's not over yet.

The final two episodes will stretch our Winchester boys to the very limit although there's light at the end of the tunnel. Jensen revealed that the split in the brothers' relationship may be set to heal somewhat in season five after some sensational revelations in the upcoming season four finale, due to be shown in the UK on June 14.

And for those who want to see an end to 'demon Sam', Jared has some news: "I like the dark side! Demons are more fun to play."

He added that he didn't think it was possible for Sam to go on being the 'good' brother forever. "Sam has grown, he's changed. He'll be redeemed I'm sure, if something goes wrong, but I love the direction it's going in, I like the dynamic of brother versus brother."

So as the UK gears up to say goodbye to the Winchester boys for the long summer holiday, fans can relax, knowing this September won't be their favourite show's last run.

And seeing as we're in a revealing frame of mind, after John, Sam and Dean all dying at the end of seasons one, two and three, what can we expect from the season four finale?

Source: Coventry Telegraph

Just wanted to share the story
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                                Supernatural stars sensationally reveal: We WILL be back for Season 6
                                By David Bentley on Jun 1, 09 05:29 PM
                                [SPOILERS]<snip>
                                I was totally psyched when I read the headline. But after reading what's under the spoiler, I was a bit disappointed. We know that Jared and Jensen have a 6-year contract, but that doesn't mean the studio has to have a sixth season. And most of the comments deal with the end of S4, while S5 is already airing. Anyway, I'm glad to know Jared and Jensen would be on board with a (quality) S6, but I'm still not getting my hopes up too high to avoid being disappointed.

sigpic
                                Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Working...
                                X