No announcement yet.

My Journey through Supernatural - episode by episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked Crossroad Blues and Croatoan as well. It's been a great season and yes, I fear fanboyness may be at fault
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post

The scores for this season are way higher then last seasons... guys is that an increase in quality or me becoming a fan boy lol?
      I suspect a little bit of both! I can see your inner fanboy starting to show....but you are also in the middle of some pretty fantastic episodes in a pretty amazing season!

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
        I suspect a little bit of both! I can see your inner fanboy starting to show....but you are also in the middle of some pretty fantastic episodes in a pretty amazing season!
        and I got a whole weekend of supernatural ahead of me
        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Dang! I wish I could watch these for the first time again!

Comment

S02E11 - Playthings

"why do these people assume we're gay?"

Not a bad episode, interesting to see that Sam is a real lightweight when it comes to his drinking haha. Interesting enough premise, loved seeing Conchita Campbell (the girl who played the ghost of maggie) who starred in the 4400, one of my favourite shows ever sadly cancelled before its time

Funny enough everyone thinking the brothers are gay, and that butler was creepy... Aside from that nothing really major about the episode, I liked how the stuff with Ava carried over, that she wasn't forgotten about cos I quite liked her...

Overally, good episode, nothing special about it though.

7/10

Comment

S02E12 - Nightshifter

"This is not a robbery. Everybody on the floor, now!"

Damn... shapeshifters really cause trouble for the brothers and the law, real good episode though.. loved the the little doctor who reference in it, when Ronald held up a magazine with a cyberman on the front of it.. since I love Dr. Who... I liked that

The episode was pretty good, Ronald was a great character, and interesting now that the brothers have an actual agent assigned to catching them and what not, but surely they'd find that body of the chick and surmise that something not so normal is going on.. like Im waiting for the brothers to stumble across some top secret thing like the initiative from Buffy....

Overall, entertaining, great once off episode.

8/10
              Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 17 August 2010, 05:21 PM.

Comment

S02E13 - Houses of the Holy

"Always take down your Christmas decorations after New Years, or you might get fileted by hooker from God."

Ah this episode had such a great premise, but it just didn't really deliver enough... at least I thought that anyway.. I love the quote from Dean I picked up for this episode too haha. Ammm it was all pretty much okay, like its about time the show addressed the fact that if theres supernatural evil, then there should be supernatural good too.. I can't quite put my finger on what it was about the episode though..

I like how freaked out Sam is getting about the demons plans for him though, and Im really looking forward to getting to see how it all plays out

Overall, a fine episode.. just missing something...

6/10

Comment

S02E14 - Born Under A Bad Sign

"Dude you full on had a girl inside you for like a week"

I really really wanted this episode to actually be Sam going 'dark side' but alas I kinda figured it would turn out to be something else... pity.. at least it wasn't totally unrelated, like it was nice to see the demon formerly known as Meg again, but Im dying to find out the demons plans!!

Good episode, nothing spectacular, covering up another hunters murder, that'll come back to bite em I bet.. and Jo really seems to have grown up, like Id love for her to stick with the brothers for a while but shes doing good all the same. Also good job by jared padalecki in this ep, he really can do the whole evil thing pretty well.

Overall, like I said a fine episode, but wasn't amazing

7/10
                  Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 23 August 2010, 05:36 PM.

Comment

S02E15 - Tall Tales

"Oh really? Cuz it's frozen now, on bustyasianbeauties.com"

haha nice to see a bit of a more lighthearted episode, and plus a roswell grey looking just like an asgard slow dancing to lady in red, how could I not like this episode!

Interesting villiant the trickster, like Bobby said he's immortal but then a wooden stake can sort it out easily enough... that doesn't make much sense.. then again it doesn't matter cos he lived in the end anyway... and if I was Dean, I would not have turned down the women. Thats about all here, funny episode, doesn't really affect the show overall

6/10

Comment

Sorry I haven't posted in ages Uni is starting back and Ive been moving my stuff from home to my apartment and things have been a chaotic!... but back to the supernatural

S02E16 - Roadkill

Follow the creepy brick road.

Really enjoyed this... probably cos I haven't had a chance to watch any supernatural in so long ... also cos Tricia Helfer is freakin awesome! plus house of the rising sun.. unreal!

Great, twist at the end.. like I pretty much saw it coming but Im smarter then your average bear so Great villian, good set up, good location and I loved how we got to see a bit more on just how all these spirits are created and more of the mythology surrounding them.

Overall, best ghost episode so far.

9/10

Comment

Holy cow! 9/10, really?!!

There was a bonus feature on the just released 5th season and in the speech the CW lady gave, she said that no two people have the same favourite episodes. It's why the show is so great, because there is something for everyone. I guess this proves it!

I would list Roadkill as my absolute least favourite of the season. Not that the episode has nothing good in it, we're still talking about Supernatural here, and their worst is better than most shows' best! But this is the only real throw-away one for me: solid performances in an uninteresting story and no contribution to the mythology at large, nothing that shows the usual Supernatural flair....just my OPINION, no one hurt me! Honestly, I agree with the lady that it's cool how everyone likes different aspects!

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                          Holy cow! 9/10, really?!!

There was a bonus feature on the just released 5th season and in the speech the CW lady gave, she said that no two people have the same favourite episodes. It's why the show is so great, because there is something for everyone. I guess this proves it!

I would list Roadkill as my absolute least favourite of the season. Not that the episode has nothing good in it, we're still talking about Supernatural here, and their worst is better than most shows' best! But this is the only real throw-away one for me: solid performances in an uninteresting story and no contribution to the mythology at large, nothing that shows the usual Supernatural flair....just my OPINION, no one hurt me! Honestly, I agree with the lady that it's cool how everyone likes different aspects!
                          Gotta agree with you here, I would have reversed the ratings for the last two eps. Tall Tales is one of my faves, while Roadkill somehow didn't do it for me. But as you said, to each their own. There's no 'wrong' way of looking at these eps, it's just a matter of personal preference.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the rest of the season, Puddle-Jumper.

sigpic
                          Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

What happened? Did you give up? Or that nasty Real Life getting in the way?

Comment

Nasty real life! Im up to metaphorical tits in college work at the moment! I bearly have to watch SGU let alone the extras! I have several of my friends telling me to get back into it so hopefully Ill be back in a day or 2

Comment

S02E17 - Heart

"Unusual like.. unusual?"

Poor Sam... have to kill his girl like that... at least he got the Were-Sex outta it though, Ive heard only good things about that.. Really though it was a good episode, great to be back watching it, Im in my final year of uni now so Ive bearly time to watch SGU and what not, let alone SPN.

Liked the twist with her being a werewolf, didn't see that coming, I was hoping in the end it would turn out that she had turned the neighbour and not vica versa... but I liked how the episode panned out, that this was a monster that they actually could sit down and talk to and that it wasn't a simple case of 'bang bang'... (though it kinda was for Sam... Woooooooooooaaaaaaaaa)

Overally, good episode, though the werewolfs looked a bit crappy.

7/10

Comment

Working...
                                X