Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
    Jeepers Creepers
    That movie FREAKED the hell outta me when I was younger...
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

S01E12 - Faith

"I'm not gonna die in a hospital where the nurses aren't even hot"

Supernatural is really starting to build momentum for me now... I actually find myself having that naggin voice in the back of my head saying watch supernatural over and over again.

Another great episode, this really is something special, especially how the episode raises the question of faith, and that if theres evil there must also be good and such... ahhh and Julie Benz, I love this woman.. in Dexter shes just flawless and brilliant here too, and that line she delivered at the end... "If you're gonna have faith, you can't just have it when the miracles happen, you have to have it when they don't." really great writing.

The plot was all very good, interesting take on the grim reaper story (great representation of him too, the old man), that it can be controlled, summoned and that it was being called upon for a priest to do faith healings was a great twist.

and the choice of music for this episode was superb too "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult is a classic.

Overall, great episode, one I definetly think Ill give another watch at somepoint down the line.

9/10

Comment

OMG, go are exactly where I was last year! Found this show, though that it was pretty good and got hooked to it. I'd be a bit less generous with this points, though, or you'll end up having to give 15/10 points for episodes later on

I love Faith, especially the montage when the reaper was after that jogger in the park, and seeing Dean all sick and fragile.
        The cake is a lie!

Comment

Faith. May be my favourite of season 1...though I'd have to think about it! I know the writers have said that this was the episode where they really started to feel they had a special show. That they could change the format to this more personal type of story and they we shocked and thrilled and how amazing it turned out . This DVD (episodes 9-12) is one that I've practically worn out, 4 stellar ones in a row. Love it when they really get on a roll like this!!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
            I love Faith, especially the montage when the reaper was after that jogger in the park,
            Ya that was brilliant!!!

and as for the points, Im not really doing proper reviews, this is just how I feel each episode was, if it ticks all the boxes in my head and leaves me feeling impressed then high points

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
              I love Faith, especially the montage when the reaper was after that jogger in the park, and seeing Dean all sick and fragile.
              About a month ago, I let the 4-year-old watch the first part of Faith because she was asking about a comment I made on water and electricity (see, show is educational , too! ). She wanted to keep going, so I watched with her to make sure it wasn't TOO scary....she LOVED the part with the Reaper chasing the jogger! Whenever she sees the Reaper in one of the SPN magazines of books she KISSES it (!), she asked for a Reaper birthday party (we said 'no.') and for the next week, we had to listen to Don't Fear the Reaper everytime we got in the car. She's a funny little girl...but she has good taste!

Comment

S01E13 - Route 666

"I miss conversations that didn't start with "this killer truck.""

Pretty standard episode really, nothing really exciting. The racially motivated plot was somewhat interesting, but the baddie of the week was pretty week IMO.. I mean a killer truck... hmm

I loved seeing Megalyn Echikunwoke (who played Cassie, deans ex) whom I know from The 4400, one of my favourite shows of all time, which I really reccommend that everyone watch at somepoint.

Nothing much else to say on it really, it was nice to see a bit more of Deans back story. But in general, for me anyway, it was a move backward to the monotony from the first half of the season.
                Heres hoping it don't last!

5/10

Comment

I only watch this episode when I am re-watching all episodes. Dunlikit.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                    I only watch this episode when I am re-watching all episodes. Dunlikit.

Its weird that you guys generally seem to agree with me on this haha, normally the forum opinions and mine varie quite a bit, like Earth and Life in SGU... which are almost universally hated over on the SGU forum are 2 of my favourite lol

Comment

S01E14 - Nightmare

"Your Dad must have been as drunk as mine"

Ohhh good, it was very slow picking up pace... but as soon as it did.. excellent episode.

A really great episode, twists and turns really kept on the edge of my seat... abusive parents, more on Sams abailites and the revelation that they're linked to his moms killer, and that its not just the winchester family its targeted, and Sam is slowly becoming a combination of the sisters from Charmed!?!?... like preonition and telekinesis... thats 2 of the 3

Really interesting villian.. which was in a way what led to the slow pace for the first half, that it just seemed like any other ghosty haunting supernatural.. And having Zelda from Sabrina the Teenage Witch is always a positive for me

Overall, very good slow to start but excellent at the end

8/10

Comment

S01E15 - The Benders

"Eat me. Oh no no no wait wait wait, you actually might."

Bit of an odd name, reminds me of futurama, plus the gay connotations... but this episode was EXCELLENT... plus probably the freakiest episode so far by a long shot. Really remined me of Deliverance... and an episode of Torchwood too... infact its almost exactly the same... but I think this episode came first..

Well its about time they stumble across a mystery that isn't supernatural and just a psycho of the regular variety... I dunno why but the whole way through the episode I actually felt seriously like the brothers may not win, I obviously knew they would show like this episodic format, everything needs to be back to normal for the following week.. but I was still genuinely worried!

Anyway Ive been rambling about this for a while, great plot.. great twist the whole just normal guys thing, like I said really actually quite scary..

Overall excellent, one of the best episodes Ive seen, great fight sequences especially

10/10

Comment

S01E16 - Shadow

"Did you get anything ... besides her number?"

Oh howdy, that was a goody... good villian, and great to see more of meggity meg meg, my favourite gal, and Papa winchester! I was hoping to see him kick a bit of ass tbh, so far everyone just talks about how good he is but I wanna see some of this awesome papa vs. monster fighting action...

It wasn't an amazing episode but very very good all the same... giving a bigger picture of the grand scheme of the show now, really enjoyed that. And how that shadow monster didn't leave them with some serious facial disfiguration I don't know (not that Ive watched further on, but Sam and Deans ruggid good looks are pretty important if you ask me)

Overall, good.. but just felt like they tried to fit too much into the episode, and things happened pretty quickly.

9/10
                          Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 10 July 2010, 07:37 AM.

Comment

First a 5 for Route 666. Now a 10 for The Benders and a 9 for this one? You, my friend, have very good taste! Seriously though, it is fascinating to follow someone new to the show and see just how apparent SPN's strengths and weaknesses are.

Although, speaking of NOT going along with the general consensus (as you were talking about with SGU), everybody on and off the show seems to really fall in love with Meg as a character and Nikki Aycox as an actress. I've always thought her to be very 'meh'. *ducks for cover*

Comment

Thank you very much!

I met one of my friends out last night at a gig, one of the guys that told me to start watching supernatural cos its so great, and I started talking to him about season 1, and the episodes Ive seen.... and he hadn't watched season 1!!!!! Just seasons 2 to 5 or whatever is on now.... Crazy! I told him immediately go watch it...

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post

I met one of my friends out last night at a gig, one of the guys that told me to start watching supernatural cos its so great, and I started talking to him about season 1, and the episodes Ive seen.... and he hadn't watched season 1!!!!! Just seasons 2 to 5 or whatever is on now.... Crazy! I told him immediately go watch it...
                                Ok, that's just weird. If you like a show enough to recommend it to others, wouldn't you have watched all the episodes yourself?

Though, I have a friend that came over for the Lost finale. The two of us were really into and planned the evening months in advance. I find out 2 hours before it starts that she never saw season 1, including the pilot episode!! And the pilot was HUGELY referenced in the finale! If she had just told me a day earlier, I could have lent it to her!

Comment

Working...
                                X