No announcement yet.

Jensen Ackles Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I do have an accent too. When I speak English I have a German accent of course but I hope mine is not as bad as the one from the guy in "The real ghostbusters". I wasn't aware that he was supposed to be German at all, because the w/v thing was so overdone. But it made me aware, that there is one at all *g* I am unable to hear the difference in normal conversations.

But I also have an accent in RL because like most regions in Germany the region where I am from has a proper dialect with own words and all. I'm unable to speak this dialect, though, because or parents always spoke high German with me and my sister, but it leaves its traces in the way I pronounce stuff like special contractions and sometimes I have difficulties to properly divide between hard and soft consonants. In my region every village has its way to pronounce things and the dialect of the village I'm from is very distinct to the dialects of the next villages which are only a few miles away.
    The city I'm living now in also has its very special dialect and I hope I'll never adapt because I do not like it that much. *g*

Fun thing is that our dialect has elements from the French language because we've been occupied often enough, but in general is more like English because we missed some consonant shifts (e.g. we say "dat" and "wat" which is much closer to "that" "what" than to "das" and "was").
    The cake is a lie!

Comment

Looks like TV Guide knows what's up. Both our boys made their "TV's Hottest Men" list. And while I may not personally agree with #2, at least he's a friend of Jensen's. And he beat out Matt Bomer, who usually tops these kinds of lists.

http://www.tvguide.com/special/winte...042554#1042672
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
        YES!!!! OMG he is SO much sexier now then he was during season one. I mean, he was sexy then, but he is even more sexier now. Age is very very good for some men. That's my opinion, of course.
        It's my opinion too!

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
        Well, I do have an accent too. When I speak English I have a German accent of course but I hope mine is not as bad as the one from the guy in "The real ghostbusters". I wasn't aware that he was supposed to be German at all, because the w/v thing was so overdone. But it made me aware, that there is one at all *g* I am unable to hear the difference in normal conversations.

But I also have an accent in RL because like most regions in Germany the region where I am from has a proper dialect with own words and all. I'm unable to speak this dialect, though, because or parents always spoke high German with me and my sister, but it leaves its traces in the way I pronounce stuff like special contractions and sometimes I have difficulties to properly divide between hard and soft consonants. In my region every village has its way to pronounce things and the dialect of the village I'm from is very distinct to the dialects of the next villages which are only a few miles away.
        The city I'm living now in also has its very special dialect and I hope I'll never adapt because I do not like it that much. *g*

Fun thing is that our dialect has elements from the French language because we've been occupied often enough, but in general is more like English because we missed some consonant shifts (e.g. we say "dat" and "wat" which is much closer to "that" "what" than to "das" and "was").
        Boy, dialects are confusing! Specially because there are so many! And for so many languages! And, yeah, Fritz's German accent was pretty awful...and, yes, way overdone.

Originally posted by warrior_chic View Post
        Looks like TV Guide knows what's up. Both our boys made their "TV's Hottest Men" list. And while I may not personally agree with #2, at least he's a friend of Jensen's. And he beat out Matt Bomer, who usually tops these kinds of lists.

http://www.tvguide.com/special/winte...042554#1042672
        WOOHOO! Thanks for sharing this! We already know he's TV's Hottest Man.

sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

arms!!! squeeee!! I luffs you RiG!!
          sigpic

Comment

I found this while doing "research" (Spoilers due to possible "words")
            Spoiler:
            sigpic
            Proud to be a Padapup!

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
              arms!!! squeeee!! I luffs you RiG!!
              I know.

Originally posted by Ogler View Post
              I found this while doing "research" (Spoilers due to possible "words")
              Spoiler:
              OMG! I FRICKING LOVE THIS!!! Thank you for sharing it with us!
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

So, does anyone post episode synopsis around here? I won't get SPN til tomorrow (I have to wait for hulu to post it) and any DYING to know what the deal is tonight...esp. since it might effect a fic I'm working on. And just so this post isn't completely OT

sigpic
                Respect the delicate ecology of your delusions.
                --Angels in America

Comment

And one more...I mean, really, how can you resist that face. "Here, let me help you with those wet clothes..."
                  sigpic
                  --Angels in America

Comment

Originally posted by birthsister View Post
                    So, does anyone post episode synopsis around here? I won't get SPN til tomorrow (I have to wait for hulu to post it) and any DYING to know what the deal is tonight...esp. since it might effect a fic I'm working on. And just so this post isn't completely OT
                    This thread may not have a lot of detail or spoilers, but it's something, and the only place on GW that I know of. It will not be open for posting until probably tomorrow or late tonight like after Pacific time has already aired the episode.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey sis, I often post my reactions to each episode in here, in spoilers just in case. If you can't wait until the thread opens that coptor linked to you could go to www.supernaturalwiki.com ...they always have the epsiode synopses, as well as everything else about the episode, the day after it airs. Quotes, pop culture refs, minutiae, the works. I go there all the time, practically every day! It's worth it.

Oh, and you gave me BOWLEGS! Luffs you!

Hi coptor! How goes it?

Can't resist that face at all!

sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

OMG RiG, you do have a way with a screen cap...those lips are just...sigh...

I'll be around later looking for spoilers...I'm a total spoiler ho, I have the boots and everything, so feel free to send any you might like to share in my direction. I've always been of the opinion that just because you know where you're going doesn't mean you can't enjoy the scenery along the way...
                        sigpic
                        --Angels in America

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                          Hi coptor! How goes it?
                          hiya! I am good! How are you?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by birthsister View Post
                            OMG RiG, you do have a way with a screen cap...
                            Believe it or not, that picture is WAY BIGGER than it is in my post. GW shrinkage.

I posted that pic here last year with the link to the original (LARGE) version. I'll see if I can find it...

those lips are just...sigh...
                            I know. The word luscious comes to mind.

I'll be around later looking for spoilers...I'm a total spoiler ho, I have the boots and everything, so feel free to send any you might like to share in my direction.
                            I'm one of those too. But, boots? What boots are you speaking of? *is confused* And I'll definitely "spoil" you.

I've always been of the opinion that just because you know where you're going doesn't mean you can't enjoy the scenery along the way...
                            Exactly! And, if anything, spoilers make me even more excited (than I'd already be) to see an episode.

Stubble!
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                              Believe it or not, that picture is WAY BIGGER than it is in my post. GW shrinkage.

I'm one of those too. But, boots? What boots are you speaking of? *is confused* And I'll definitely "spoil" you.
                              Sorry, throwback from a joke in the Farscape fandom...I'm such a spoiler whore I even went out and got the ho boots to look the part...

And stubble...I could just scratch my fingers through it...sigh...you're killing me here...
                              sigpic
                              --Angels in America

Comment

RiG, you're killing me here! I'm trying to focus on school work (clearly not working anyway) and here you are throwing lashes at me! You know how I am with those lashes...

Got any dimples to go with them
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X