Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't sure what to expect from episode 2 - from the plot outline it sounded as if they were just going straight back to stand-alone episodes.

Fortunately, I was wrong - it was a really good episode, and the clown stuff was really just background. Jared and Jensen are decent actors, and have a believable relationship - they pulled off the dramatic stuff really well, especially with Dean going nuts and smashing up the car at the end.

The scene with the blind guy and the dwarf was hilarious!
    "It's just a little misunderstanding." "LITTLE, huh?! You son of a *****..."

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
      I wasn't sure what to expect from episode 2 - from the plot outline it sounded as if they were just going straight back to stand-alone episodes.

Fortunately, I was wrong - it was a really good episode, and the clown stuff was really just background. Jared and Jensen are decent actors, and have a believable relationship - they pulled off the dramatic stuff really well, especially with Dean going nuts and smashing up the car at the end.

I do like that even an episode where the main plot was standalone is part of the arc. I don't need every episode to be a major part of the big picture, but shows which are so character-led as this do work best when the episodes come in a clear sequence, and aren't all interchangeable in order. Reset button syndrome never bothered me in the string of about ten eps in s1 where they went from town to town mooching about, but I think once things got deeper the series got going properly.

But what sort of idiot children make friends with clowns as creepy-looking as that? Let alone open doors in the night? Unless the clown cast a spell on them somehow. I never liked clowns, and this ep is clear proof that I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG.

Madeleine

Comment

it's fun reading all that, knowing what kind of treats are waiting for you ... i really love character development in Supernatural, it is really well written ...

::thumbs up::
        VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
          LMAO!! That was so great.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I've been following the show since the beginning of Season 2, and I've followed it diligently because they have interesting storylines and a -great- sibling relationship. However, it wasn't until last week's episode (Born under a bad sign) that made me a true lover of the series and made me go out to buy the 1st season DVD set. Just thought I'd share how fantastic last week's show was. Dean's love and protectiveness for Sam just breaks my heart every time; it isn't restricted to only last week's episode.

Anyway, reading the last few posts, I came the the realization that some of you don't know that the CW website has been posting FULL episodes online (starting with Playthings, so it's not -every- episode). So in case you've missed the latest episode, you can watch it for free on cwtv.com (it's the official website, so there's nothing illegal about it) and look under full episodes.

Comment

My sister just gave me the s1 box set she picked up in New York last year for me. I'm in for a fun weekend

Hope you enjoy your DVDs too, nyxlily

Madeleine

Comment

First thing I did with the DVDs was to watch the gag reel. I couldn't help myself. Oh, and the day in the life. Yup.. I'm having lots of fun with the set!

Only thing is, I wish there were more commentary tracks. Stargate DVDs kinda spoiled me on that. Oh, and behind the scene things! I really want to know where they find those creepy abandoned houses, or if they built them themselves. Well, at least Supernatural does have lots of deleted scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily View Post
                  First thing I did with the DVDs was to watch the gag reel. I couldn't help myself. Oh, and the day in the life. Yup.. I'm having lots of fun with the set!

Only thing is, I wish there were more commentary tracks. Stargate DVDs kinda spoiled me on that. Oh, and behind the scene things! I really want to know where they find those creepy abandoned houses, or if they built them themselves. Well, at least Supernatural does have lots of deleted scenes.
                  About time I got the first season on DVD. Go back and see again how it all started.

'Everybody Loves a Clown' was filmed in the place where I live. Never knew it could look so sinister!! There's a few run down buildings dotted around the area. You sort of come across them and wonder if people actually live in them. So no surprise they find creepy houses!

Mine isn't one of them...or I hope not, lol!!

Comment

This show had me hooked early on in it's first season. I love the acting, the writing, and the stories. It is amazing where it's gone in a season and a half too.

I can't wait for tonight's episode. It should be a good one.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily View Post

The gag reel is hilarious. Saw it on YouTube and knew I had to buy the DVDs at some point.

I agree with you on the commentaries. There were only what? Three episodes with commentary? I'd kind of hoped for more.

Comment

Memo to John Shiban: You, sir, are no Darin Morgan.

Spoiler:
                        Nice comedy relief ep and there were some funny moments (the slow-dancing alien will go down in the books), but it leaned a little TOO heavily on Jose Chung's From Outer Space. I wonder how the Tricker is gonna figure into things. And who played him? 'Cos he looked familiar.

Next week's ep: killer toasters invade Earth! Can't wait!

Comment

unforetunately its not next week. preview said March 12th i believe.. so NOT cool!!!!

anyway, the ep was frakking hilarious.. it was nice to go from such a serious ep last week to some fun this week.
                          OrangeSwirl

My Graphix LJ || scifi_abc

Comment

I definitely enjoyed this episode.
                            Spoiler:
                            Many aspects, especially the dancing alien, had me practically rolling on the floor laughing. I too wonder if we're going to see the Trickster again at some point.

It's just a shame we have to now wait a month until the next new episode.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeSwirl View Post
                              unforetunately its not next week. preview said March 12th i believe.. so NOT cool!!!!

anyway, the ep was frakking hilarious.. it was nice to go from such a serious ep last week to some fun this week.
                              March 15, actually.

And I agree. It was a nice change of pace.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Thank American Idol for Supernatural's schedule being changed. AI is three nights next week. Unbelievable.

As for tonight's ep, I laughed until I cried. There are too many funny lines to remember, and Bobby just RULES. A great change of pace. I loved Dean with 27 gumballs in his mouth. Heh.

Comment

Working...
                                X