Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 5 Cover Art

Comment

That is freaking awesome!
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Yeah, that is a short engagement. But still, I wish them both all the best as they begin their lives together.
        Me too! A short engagement isn't always a bad thing! Hubby and I were engaged 3 months after we met on a blind date, and married 6 months after that. We celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary this year! And....no, the first kid didn't turn up until 4 years later!

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
          Love it!

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
          Me too! A short engagement isn't always a bad thing! Hubby and I were engaged 3 months after we met on a blind date, and married 6 months after that. We celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary this year! And....no, the first kid didn't turn up until 4 years later!
          Sometimes if you know what you want..you just have to go for it. I think most people have longer engagements because of saving up for a wedding. In their case money's not an issue. So why not?

And congrats to you on your anniversary...
          sigpic

Comment

I think experts generally say that if you are engaged for less than 6 months or more than 2 years then your chance of divorce increases. There's always exceptions to the rule though. I didn't conform to the "expert opinion" either although ours went the other way at 2.5 years. We had to save up to get married overseas where my family live.
            sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

Since its been quite lately here:-

Question: With both Supernatural and Smallville being renewed for another season, some ratings blogger have suggested pairing Supernatural with Smallville on Friday nights. The reason being Supernatural use to retain more viewers from Smallville than it dose now from Vampire Diaries, and Smallville has proven that a show with a loyal fanbase can succeed on a Friday nights on the CW. Thoughts?

Comment

Question: With both Supernatural and Smallville being renewed for another season, some ratings blogger have suggested pairing Supernatural with Smallville on Friday nights. The reason being Supernatural use to retain more viewers from Smallville than it dose now from Vampire Diaries, and Smallville has proven that a show with a loyal fanbase can succeed on a Friday nights on the CW. Thoughts?
                I'd prefer it stay on Thursday. I don't have much of a social life , but when I do occasionally go out, it's on a Friday. Of course, I'll watch it either way (plus download it, and purchase the DVDs....)

Comment

My first thoughts are 'why is there any difference between either show?'...they're both fantasy and appeal to the same kind of people, surely? So if the shows attract different kind of fans does that mean that The Vampire Diaries attract a kind of fan only loyal to that particular show and won't watch Supernatural on principal maybe, whereas Smallville fans enjoy both shows.

Although I've watched a few of the earlier Smallviille eps I've never watched The Vampire Diaries so I don't know, although I gather that the fans of Vampire diaries are younger girls so they perhaps won't be so keen on the darker Supernatural.

I don't know about the difference in Thursdays or Fridays...I'd watch any day of the week.
                  I hope everyone gets to see the show though...they don't know what they're missing if not.
                  sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I hope Supernatural stays right where it is on Thursday nights.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                      My first thoughts are 'why is there any difference between either show?'...they're both fantasy and appeal to the same kind of people, surely? So if the shows attract different kind of fans does that mean that The Vampire Diaries attract a kind of fan only loyal to that particular show and won't watch Supernatural on principal maybe, whereas Smallville fans enjoy both shows.

Although I've watched a few of the earlier Smallviille eps I've never watched The Vampire Diaries so I don't know, although I gather that the fans of Vampire diaries are younger girls so they perhaps won't be so keen on the darker Supernatural.
                      In all honesty, I dont know why that the case. It mite come down to somthing really simple, like Smallville/Supernatural were paired together for so many year, that viewers just got into the habit of watching both together. Though i'm just speculating there. But even thought, these less retension of total viewers, the number of females Supernaturals has gone up this year and like you said VD is more of a female aimed show.

I don't know about the difference in Thursdays or Fridays...I'd watch any day of the week. I hope everyone gets to see the show though...they don't know what they're missing if not.
                      Fridays is normally considered the night were shows go to die, after all its Friday night and people go out. But Smallville has managed to give the CW a hit on a Friday, even tho its ratings are not as strong as they were on a Thursday.

Another thing to consider is that the CW many want to use the success of VD to lanuch a new show (such as their fantasy pilot Betwixt), hoping to give it a ratings boost.

Comment

I wouldn't mind it if they moved it back with Smallville on Friday nights if they did, but I'd rather it stay on Thursday because I don't watch anything else at that time. Skiffy has Caprica/SGU that I watch on Friday in that time slot, but Skiffy reairs those later in the night so I can still watch them.

I'm betting they move it. I'll lay you odds that this is it for Supernatural as well as Smallville. The final seasons for both and the CW wants replacements for them even if Thursday is a killer night on tv as far as what competition the shows on CW face on the other channels.

Apparently the eye candy on SPN alone don't make up for the lack of romance for the girls. But if you didn't catch SPN from the start, I would say it was pretty hard to just jump right into this season considering you need to know a lot of backstory. *shrug* I'm into fantasy/sci-fi shows, but for some reason beyond my comprehension I never watched SPN on tv before this season even though I generally knew what kind of show it was. (Well I watched a S2 episode because of the guest start but then I never watched the show again until I finally bought it on dvd last summer.)
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

I still really hope they don't move Supernatural. Just leave it where it is.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I still really hope they don't move Supernatural. Just leave it where it is.
                            I concur! They need to leave things alone!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              I concur! They need to leave things alone!
                              Change is not always good.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Change is not always good.
                                Again...I agree with you!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X