Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ill wait and see

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
      But as far as why Dean got sick, Kripke actually came out and made a statement about that because it apparently sent fans into a frenzy back when this aired. It wasn't because he was a jerk, but because of what he did while in Hell, and probably the fact that he enjoyed it....

Spoiler:
      him torturing other souls for the last 10 years he was there.
      Even so, I don't buy it. His entire life's purpose is to save people from the things that go bump in the night. He has saved countless lives. He sacrificed his soul to Hell to save Sam, survived 30 years of torture, was apparently righteous enough to be the one to break the first seal (enough so that the demons wanted him in Hell very, very badly), and is now horribly tortured by what he did in those last 10 years he spent Hell.

And we're supposed to believe that he's on par 'jerk'-wise with the guy who chained a man to his truck and dragged him to death, and the man who covered the whole thing up?

I'm calling BS on that one.
      sigpic

Comment

He didn't. We were just being nice.

Well I haven't seen On the Head of a Pin yet, but I cheated and read episode reviews for pretty much all of season 4, and that one sounds pretty intense.
        I just finished watching the season. Pretty damn good, I've got to say. On the Head of a Pin was pretty damn intense. Monster at the End of this Book was fantastic and The Rapture will have you falling love with Castiel if you haven't already.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
          Even so, I don't buy it. His entire life's purpose is to save people from the things that go bump in the night. He has saved countless lives. He sacrificed his soul to Hell to save Sam, survived 30 years of torture, was apparently righteous enough to be the one to break the first seal (enough so that the demons wanted him in Hell very, very badly), and is now horribly tortured by what he did in those last 10 years he spent Hell.

And we're supposed to believe that he's on par 'jerk'-wise with the guy who chained a man to his truck and dragged him to death, and the man who covered the whole thing up?

You make a really good case, and I agree with what you said. Still, I'm willing to cut the writers some slack on this one. Although I wish they would have found a different solution to scaring the ghost to death, it was instrumental in making us see this completely opposite side of Dean, and I'm sure Jensen Ackles welcomed the challenge to play him this way. It's one thing I love about this show, the overall consistency of the story arc, but then in between episodes such as this that put a different spin on things. Heck, they even managed to make the AU stories - which I usually don't fancy - plausible and enjoyable.

sigpic
          Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

I can still see people having a problem with it, but ghosts/spirits don't exactly have discriminating judgment when it comes to things. Dean did what he did in Hell, and the ghostsickness latched on to him not taking into account who he really is.

Knowing what I already knew, I didn't have a problem with the story other than the really horrible way the writers chose to kill the ghost and then really downplay it. They essentially implied that Sam came up with that idea. Dark road indeed that Sam was on....
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
              Although I wish they would have found a different solution to scaring the ghost to death, it was instrumental in making us see this completely opposite side of Dean, and I'm sure Jensen Ackles welcomed the challenge to play him this way.
              JA was pretty damn awesome. That scream was insane.

But he's always pretty damn awesome.

I can still see people having a problem with it, but ghosts/spirits don't exactly have discriminating judgment when it comes to things. Dean did what he did in Hell, and the ghostsickness latched on to him not taking into account who he really is.
              That's plausible and I can buy that. Still doesn't mean I have to like it. I think I would have been more eager to agree had they had the only other people who died of the ghost sickness not been sociopaths.

Knowing what I already knew, I didn't have a problem with the story other than the really horrible way the writers chose to kill the ghost and then really downplay it. They essentially implied that Sam came up with that idea. Dark road indeed that Sam was on....
              Well, when you put it that way I can see that as a "normal" part of Sam's progression to the dark side. It's been an ongoing theme; Sam becoming more ruthless.
              sigpic

Comment

JA was pretty damn awesome. That scream was insane.

But he's always pretty damn awesome.

That's plausible and I can buy that. Still doesn't mean I have to like it. I think I would have been more eager to agree had they had the only other people who died of the ghost sickness not been sociopaths.

Well, when you put it that way I can see that as a "normal" part of Sam's progression to the dark side. It's been an ongoing theme; Sam becoming more ruthless.
                When he screamed like that I just cracked up. That was so great.

As for the treatment of that ghost, that was pretty harsh. Definitely not something Sam would have come up with in Season 1.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hey guys you can now play the Favorite Supernatural Character Game

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                    Hey guys you can now play the Favorite Supernatural Character Game
                    I already started. Thanks for getting it going.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Supernatural Brings Back..............

Spoiler:
                      Supernatural Brings Back Meg

For those who’ve been wondering what happened to Meg, the sassy demon with a huge grudge against Supernatural’s Winchester brothers, she’s back! And Rachel Miner, the former Mrs. Macaulay Culkin, who got her start on Guiding Light and was most recently seen as a bisexual S&M practicing character on Californication, is playing the character, last seen in Season 2. “I’ve been wondering, what Meg’s doing out there,” creator Eric Kripke tells TV Guide Magazine exclusively. “I’ve been continually asking the writers, ‘Where’s Meg?” She’s would make a really formidable adversary. I got impatient and ended up writing her into my own script.” So far, Miner’s been signed for one episode.

This comes on top of the previously reported casting of Mark Pellegrino as Lucifer. Satan is a nice turnaround for the actor, who played Lost’s mysterious God-like Jacob in May’s season finale, although he did portray Rita’s devilish abusive husband on Dexter.

So what do you Supernatural fans think of the casting? Does Pellegrino fit your image of Lucifer? And will you miss Nicki Aycox, who originally played Meg?

http://spoilertv-supernatural.blogsp...-back-meg.html
                      Last edited by Madwelshboy; 02 July 2009, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        [B]
                        So what do you Supernatural fans think of the casting? Does Pellegrino fit your image of Lucifer? And will you miss Nicki Aycox, who originally played Meg?

http://spoilertv-supernatural.blogsp...-back-meg.html
                        I don't watch LOST and don't watch Dexter so I have no feelings about Pellegrino either way which is probably good given that I am already dreading the return of Meg. Not because I didn't like the character, but because after seeing the character of Ruby destroyed after she was recast, I've got a bad feeling about this already.
                        sigpic

Comment

For the time being, I am going to remain positive about Meg. I love the character. I just hope the recast works out.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I am already dreading the return of Meg. Not because I didn't like the character, but because after seeing the character of Ruby destroyed after she was recast, I've got a bad feeling about this already.
                            I kinda agree with that. recasting sometimes especially in the case of Ruby really changes the character.

Comment

Just a warning to UK fans, on another form that i check out one of the member had heard a rumor that ITV2 wouldn't be airing supernatural season 5. so this member emailed them and got this response:-

Thank you for your recent email regarding SUPERNATURAL.

Unfortunately ITV haven't obtained the rights to transmit series 5 of the above programme. I am sorry for any disappointment.

Viewers services (pel)

ITV Viewer Services | ITV plc
                              But at this point, these no solid proof right now of whats happening.

Comment

Hi everyone!

Better late than never but I've finally catched every ep, and am on a re-watch (a few eps into S3 now). That means I can finally catch up in here too!! I'll try not to quote too much as they're likely to be old (ish) posts; but I do like the multi-quote button, as a few of you know!!

Back soon!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X