No announcement yet.

Star Wars: Episode VII: The Force Awakens.Spoilers/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty late to the game, but I didn't enjoy the Force Awakens. I thought it was nothing more than a reboot of the original film (that didn't need rebooting). When they said they were making a new SW movie, I thought it would pick up 30 years later with an original story, not what amounted to a basic rehash.

If this was the first SW movie ever, it would be a decent film in its own right. So I don't want to say it is lousy because its not. As a stand alone its fine. The acting was good, the action was good. It's just as a continuation of the saga, I thought they did a lousy job. There was really very little originality.

if I had to rank it would be

ROTS
    ESB
    ANH
    AOTC/ROTJ
    TPM/TFA

I would never play the Prequel drinking game since I love the prequels.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
      It seems most logical.
      And makes more sense than Obi-Wan's granddaughter, as I've seen suggested.
      That Obi-Wan theory makes me shudder. It just doesn't fit with the do everything by the book kind of guy he was. They did call him a hermit in the movies. I don't see him galavanting about. Her being a Skywalker makes the most sense.
      Last edited by gatechick; 27 February 2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

just rewatched and a few new thoughts, seems no one actually tells rey about lukes relationship to leia or to kylo ren, so it seems like shes gone to find this guy not realising shes just met his twin, I wonder if its even common knowledge in the galaxy.

What about the republics fleet, they must have one, must be a few capital ships knocking about at least, have they just kept them in reserve, surely after the destruction of the republics government the remains of their military must be itching to join the fight, will we see them in the next film

Comment

Admiral Ackbar having crude, old-school mouth movements made me so god damn happy.

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
            just rewatched and a few new thoughts, seems no one actually tells rey about lukes relationship to leia or to kylo ren, so it seems like shes gone to find this guy not realising shes just met his twin, I wonder if its even common knowledge in the galaxy.

What about the republics fleet, they must have one, must be a few capital ships knocking about at least, have they just kept them in reserve, surely after the destruction of the republics government the remains of their military must be itching to join the fight, will we see them in the next film

I think they may have pulled a Pearl Harbor and had the bulk of their fleet in that system.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by america126
              I Saw This Movie and LOVED it

However. I Think Rey is a Kenobi.Because J J Abrams Said That Her Parents are NOT in Episode 7. Plus She is NOT a Solo Because The Actress Etc Debunked it. BTW, Daisy Ridley Knows Who Rey's Parents are a.......oh and Bloodline by Claudia Gray Basically Confirms That Ben is an Only Child. Plus While It Mentions Ben and Luke Training Together. It is Never Mentioned That Luke Has a Child or That He Has Had a Relationship. Plus It Also Does Not Mention That Leia Has a Niece. and I Ship Her and Kylo Ren aka Ben Solo.

After Reading The Novelization and Watching The Movie Again, The Hints of Romance are SO Obvious...Plus I;ve Been Known to Ship Endgame Pairings Before They Offically Became Canon
              I sure hope so, because this would make an Ewan McGregor movie practically unavoidable.
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

The whole thing on Rey's parents/grandparents ALL depends on Rebels and if what they say happens there is true. Because from what I understand, Obi-Wan briefly had a possible fling/one night stand or some such with Satine the Duchess of Mandalore, his reaction in rebels to being told she was dead by her daughter Sabine may mean that whoever Sabine marries {if she does} Rey is quite possibly her child, which then makes Rey a mix of both Mandolorian and jedi... which is kinda neat when one thinks about it

NOTE: From what I understand this is mostly theory based on events in Rebels, Personally I hope Rey is a Kenobi, because we need more Kenobi's in Star Wars

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                  The whole thing on Rey's parents/grandparents ALL depends on Rebels and if what they say happens there is true. Because from what I understand, Obi-Wan briefly had a possible fling/one night stand or some such with Satine the Duchess of Mandalore, his reaction in rebels to being told she was dead by her daughter Sabine may mean that whoever Sabine marries {if she does} Rey is quite possibly her child, which then makes Rey a mix of both Mandolorian and jedi... which is kinda neat when one thinks about it

NOTE: From what I understand this is mostly theory based on events in Rebels, Personally I hope Rey is a Kenobi, because we need more Kenobi's in Star Wars
                  Problem is...she's too young for daughter of Ben and too old for granddaughter.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

And just about right for daughter of luke.

Comment

I thought they made it clear she wasnt Luke or Leias kid ? I know they confirmed she wasnt Leia's daughter because both the actors for Rey and Ren confirmed it. Besides, Rey is too cultured to be Lukes kid; Sure she grew up on a junkyard of a planet but still

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Can the actors do anything but deny it at the moment? Probably under contract.

Comment

Luke is too obvious. Lea, the Bloodlines book disqualifies her. I do like the theory I've been hearing about her being related to Ezra and Sabine...
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                            I thought they made it clear she wasnt Luke or Leias kid ? I know they confirmed she wasnt Leia's daughter because both the actors for Rey and Ren confirmed it. Besides, Rey is too cultured to be Lukes kid; Sure she grew up on a junkyard of a planet but still
                            Leia's maybe. Since Ren might have sensed the familial bond.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                              Luke is too obvious. Lea, the Bloodlines book disqualifies her. I do like the theory I've been hearing about her being related to Ezra and Sabine...
                              That theory sounds very possible to me.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

And who the heck is Ezra and sabine?? More crud coming from the rebels cartoon??

Comment

Working...
                                X