Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Clone Wars: Season 5 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Interesting episode. Not my favourite, but interesting just the same. I always like seeing Ilum.
    Seeing Ilum was really cool.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Oh, I almost forgot. Trivia!

5.06 "The Gathering" trivia:
      Spoiler:
      LITTLE 'SOKA
      The opening prologue trailer to the episode features a rare flashback to before the Clone Wars, when Plo Koon discovered the baby Ahsoka Tano on an undisclosed planet, and brought her into the Jedi Order. (Image)

QUEST FOR CRYSTALS
      The notion of lightsabers being powered by mystical crystals find their roots in the "Kyber crystal" concept in the early draft scripts of Star Wars, a mystical gem said to amplify the power of the Force. The planet Ilum was first visually depicted in the 2001 Jedi Quest comic series from Dark Horse Comics.

BALANCE SYMBOLIZED
      The symbols denoting the balance of the light side and dark side first seen in the realm of Mortis are visible in the temple entrance on Ilum. The markings that lined the halls of the Father's Monastery on Mortis are also found within the Ilum temple.

YOUNGLING PATCH
      This episode introduces a Jedi youngling symbol worn as a patch on the students' cold weather gear. (Image)

PERSONALIZED CRYSTALS
      The crystals are colorless until the young Jedi holds it, upon which it becomes attuned to the Force-user. This appears to be what governs the colors of Jedi lightsabers.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Pretty good epsisode, is this a one off, or will we see more of the younglings?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          Pretty good epsisode, is this a one off, or will we see more of the younglings?
          It's the first part of the Young Jedi arc I posted about not too long ago. Supposed to be around 80 minutes in total, so it'll be a 4-parter.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Oh, I almost forgot. Trivia!

5.06 "The Gathering" trivia:
            Spoiler:
            LITTLE 'SOKA
            The opening prologue trailer to the episode features a rare flashback to before the Clone Wars, when Plo Koon discovered the baby Ahsoka Tano on an undisclosed planet, and brought her into the Jedi Order. (Image)

QUEST FOR CRYSTALS
            The notion of lightsabers being powered by mystical crystals find their roots in the "Kyber crystal" concept in the early draft scripts of Star Wars, a mystical gem said to amplify the power of the Force. The planet Ilum was first visually depicted in the 2001 Jedi Quest comic series from Dark Horse Comics.

BALANCE SYMBOLIZED
            The symbols denoting the balance of the light side and dark side first seen in the realm of Mortis are visible in the temple entrance on Ilum. The markings that lined the halls of the Father's Monastery on Mortis are also found within the Ilum temple.

YOUNGLING PATCH
            This episode introduces a Jedi youngling symbol worn as a patch on the students' cold weather gear. (Image)

PERSONALIZED CRYSTALS
            The crystals are colorless until the young Jedi holds it, upon which it becomes attuned to the Force-user. This appears to be what governs the colors of Jedi lightsabers.
            Spoiler:
            Very interesting about the patch and the crystals.

Comment

On some level though it almost seems cruel, doesn't it? I mean, we know that within a year or so of this episode's setting, all of these kids are going to be slaughtered....
              Yeah, that does suck pretty bad when you think about it like that.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

http://www.examiner.com/article/star...current-season
                Season 6 may be on Disney XD if we get a season 6...

And a behind the scenes look at The Gathering
                http://www.starwars.com/watch/the-ga...eaturette.html

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                  http://www.examiner.com/article/star...current-season
                  Season 6 may be on Disney XD if we get a season 6...
                  That would suck. I don't get that channel.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    That would suck. I don't get that channel.
                    You could watch it how I watch it as I dont watch it on CN...

Comment

I tend to do that too....

But with it airing here in Canada first this year, and then it taking forever to 'appear' after the American airing, I've been just buying the episodes on iTunes this season. Kinda sucks, since I know I'm going to buy the BD anyway, but I love it so it's not all a loss.

On another note, it's looking like "Secret Weapons" (previously slotted as episode 9 before the Young Jedi arc was moved up) is scheduled to be the first episode after this arc concludes--airing at episode 10. Not sure whether this is part of a larger story arc yet or not, so we'll have to wait and see how the rest of the schedule looks.

Comment

I tend to do that too....

But with it airing here in Canada first this year, and then it taking forever to 'appear' after the American airing, I've been just buying the episodes on iTunes this season. Kinda sucks, since I know I'm going to buy the BD anyway, but I love it so it's not all a loss.

On another note, it's looking like "Secret Weapons" (previously slotted as episode 9 before the Young Jedi arc was moved up) is scheduled to be the first episode after this arc concludes--airing at episode 10. Not sure whether this is part of a larger story arc yet or not, so we'll have to wait and see how the rest of the schedule looks.
                        I secret weapon the one with the droids, the name makes me think so...
                        I definitely think that story wont be one episode
                        Last edited by Teddybrown; 09 November 2012, 12:27 AM.

Comment

David Tennant, The...Er Tenth Doctor is going to be on TCW this weekend. so for all your Doctor Who fans, im sure that is a good thing to know.

Comment

Was I the only American Dad viewer who couldn't get Jeff Fischer out their head during the newest episode? The man could have tried changing his voice a bit, but all I could imagine was his American Dad character.

sigpic

Comment

Quite a few of the interior ship shots in this episode really reminded me of the interior of the Ebon Hawk.

Comment

I like this episode nice to see where Jedi go to build their lightsabers.

Comment

Working...
                                X