Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Clone Wars: Season 5 (spoilers/discussion/speculation)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    I like this episode nice to see where Jedi go to build their lightsabers.
    That is something I've always wondered about.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I was also rather intrigued that the droid said he had been on the ship for "a thousand years." Holy crapola, a droid that lasts that long? A ship that lasts that long? Both have been around since the days of the New Sith Wars
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Wasn't sure if the 1000 year comment was an injoke to Doctor Who, whose 1000 years old and lives on his ship. That said, had to listen really carefully to detect that it was David Tennant doing the voice.

I have to say, the out of order thing is starting to get annoying now. It's okay overall, but when they keep doing Hondo good, Hondo bad, Hondo good, Hondo bad, starts to get a bit off putting.

sigpic

Comment

anybody noticed Luke's Lightsaber hilt? also i had to go back a 1000 years (the last time a sith lord was even defeated and then Obi-Wan came 1,000 years later and he took down one.) and look up the New Sith Wars.

Comment

Anyone got an account on the Star Wars website, seems theres a preview for members only of a future Maul episode...
            http://www.starwars.com/watch/maul.html

Also, heres a feature on Hondo
            http://www.starwars.com/watch/a-test...eaturette.html
            Last edited by Teddybrown; 11 November 2012, 10:07 AM.

Comment

That is a quick video that looks to be coming from the Maul/Deathwatch arc. It starts with a short introduction by Sam Witwer that's pretty much just a 'thanks for being a fan, here's a little something for ya.' The actual clip then starts....

Maul, Savage, and a member of Death Watch are in a dimly-lit room apparently addressing some kind of crime council sitting around an elevated semicircle table. A hologram of a Hutt says something (no captions), and a Zabrak female stands up and throws a knife at Maul's face--which stops in mid-air just inches from impact. The shot pulls back slightly and Savage has his new mechanical arm extended, using the Force to stop the blade mid-flight.

Things erupt into a firefight, the criminals all pulling and shooting blasters while Savage takes point with his double-bladed saber to parry the shots away. Maul is all fierce, using the Force to choke people and hurl them about. Though they could probably fight it out, they apparently decide to make a retreat; the Mandalorian uses his jetpack to hop up in front, and then uses the flamethrower in his arm armour to set fire to the 'council' table and force the crooks back. The trio then retreat through a door behind them (and we see a little more of Maul's decidedly more-normal looking new legs).
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Oh, and trivia of course!

5.07 "A Test of Strength" trivia:
                Spoiler:
                WHIRLWIND OF DESTINY
                Petro's lightsaber training maneuver -- the Whirlwind of Destiny -- was actually created by a young fan as part of the "Join the Jedi" contest sponsored by Hasbro. The winning entry, submitted by Brendon Lake, was animated into the show, and he received screen credit for it.

JEDI BASICS
                The training remotes seen aboard the Crucible are the same design as the one seen aboard the Millennium Falcon in Episode IV, and in Jedi Temple youngling training verandah in Episode II.

LIGHTSABER OPTIONS
                For those who catalog such things, among the design options Huyang describes for lightsaber constructions are "a simple grip, a curved approach, one inlaid with the bone of the Cartusion whale, pastillion ore or black onk."

HISTORY LESSON
                Among the historic engagements in the vast storied past of the Jedi Order, Huyang describes the Battles of Rashfond, the Peacekeeping of Parliock, and the Clone Wars, as well.

ANOTHER DISNEY CONNECTION
                The design of lightsaber assembly is inspired by the Build Your Own Lightsaber activity center found at the Star Trader shop at Disney parks.

SQUAWK! POLLY WANTS A CRYSTAL
                The Ishi Tib pirate -- based on a design created for Return of the Jedi -- becomes a hybrid of both a pirate and a pirate's parrot in this episode. (Image)

AN ANCIENT VESSEL
                The design of the Crucible stems from ancient Corellian cruisers seen in Star Wars: The Old Republic videogame. As an indicator to its age, its interior space is marked by the ancient Jedi symbol seen in that game. (Image)

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  That is a quick video that looks to be coming from the Maul/Deathwatch arc. It starts with a short introduction by Sam Witwer that's pretty much just a 'thanks for being a fan, here's a little something for ya.' The actual clip then starts....

Maul, Savage, and a member of Death Watch are in a dimly-lit room apparently addressing some kind of crime council sitting around an elevated semicircle table. A hologram of a Hutt says something (no captions), and a Zabrak female stands up and throws a knife at Maul's face--which stops in mid-air just inches from impact. The shot pulls back slightly and Savage has his new mechanical arm extended, using the Force to stop the blade mid-flight.

Things erupt into a firefight, the criminals all pulling and shooting blasters while Savage takes point with his double-bladed saber to parry the shots away. Maul is all fierce, using the Force to choke people and hurl them about. Though they could probably fight it out, they apparently decide to make a retreat; the Mandalorian uses his jetpack to hop up in front, and then uses the flamethrower in his arm armour to set fire to the 'council' table and force the crooks back. The trio then retreat through a door behind them (and we see a little more of Maul's decidedly more-normal looking new legs).
                  Interesting...
                  Just seen episode 7, interesting episode, nice to hear David Tennant in SW.
                  Now I see why this is a four episode arc...

Comment

I was also rather intrigued that the droid said he had been on the ship for "a thousand years." Holy crapola, a droid that lasts that long? A ship that lasts that long? Both have been around since the days of the New Sith Wars
                    Oh the stories that droid could tell. Wonder how long it'll take someone to do a fanfic about that.

Comment

watching this "Young Jedi" arc it makes me wonder what it would be like to see a series from the point of the younglings / padawans. similar to the young justice series.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                        Oh the stories that droid could tell. Wonder how long it'll take someone to do a fanfic about that.
                        makes me wonder what happened to that droid after order 66.

Comment

It's just a droid. Probably either melted down for scrap or memory-wiped and repurposed--providing they didn't just destroy the ship outright.

Comment

It's just a droid. Probably either melted down for scrap or memory-wiped and repurposed--providing they didn't just destroy the ship outright.
                            I'm betting Palpatine had the ship and everything on it scrapped. Although, he might of kept a trophy or two from it.

Comment

Ugh. This one was as cringe-inducing as that old Roger Moore Bond movie with the voodoo insanity.

Comment

alright so after reading the details for next week's episode and watching the season premiere "Revival" again, i have reason to believe that the young jedi arc takes place before the season premiere. due to
                                Spoiler:
                                General Grievous attacking hondo's planet in the next episode and Hondo making reference to it in "Revival"

Comment

Working...
                                X