No announcement yet.

"Star Wars: The Old Republic" Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My i5, got a 2500k. Next up, motherboard and ram. I could have saved myself a bundle by getting an E6600 and the game and see if that helped out but I'm dipping into my PS Vita fund (will teach Sony to screw us by waiting 3 months) and going all out... moderately. Hopefully will be able to start soon.
    Last edited by SaberBlade; 31 December 2011, 09:04 PM.

sigpic

Comment

I'm buying the game today, myself.. do I recall right that since I took part to the latest beta, I don't need to do full reinstall?
      "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

No. The installer didn't see my beta dir at all.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Bugger. So, the hard way it is then..
          "You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

So, holy damn crap this game is gigantic.

Besides certain worlds being huge (I'm looking at you, Tatooine), it just takes so long to get through a story! I'm in the neighbourhood of 60h played now as my Sith Warrior, and I'm still in the first of three acts of my class story.

And there are 8 classes to play

I'm very happy with this
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              So, holy damn crap this game is gigantic.

Besides certain worlds being huge (I'm looking at you, Tatooine), it just takes so long to get through a story! I'm in the neighbourhood of 60h played now as my Sith Warrior, and I'm still in the first of three acts of my class story.

And there are 8 classes to play

I'm very happy with this
              Woah, nice.
              Can you play as more than one class at once or is it do one class, complete the story, then next class?
              Also, how much is it per month?

Comment

When you login, before it loads onto a planet is your character selection screen. You pick whatever you choose--though at the moment, I only have the one.

The pricing structure is your pretty standard fare--monthly is more expensive than if you pick the 3 or 6 month option. Either $15 a month, $42 for 3 months (= $14 a month), or $78 for 6 months (= $13 a month).

For me, since I knew I'd be playing this a ton and ongoing, and because all new videogames are $50-80 anyway, I just went for the 6 month option. I figure it works out more or less to buying a new game every six months, which is hardly an expense at all considering I buy far more than two games a year.

Comment

When you login, before it loads onto a planet is your character selection screen. You pick whatever you choose--though at the moment, I only have the one.

The pricing structure is your pretty standard fare--monthly is more expensive than if you pick the 3 or 6 month option. Either $15 a month, $42 for 3 months (= $14 a month), or $78 for 6 months (= $13 a month).

For me, since I knew I'd be playing this a ton and ongoing, and because all new videogames are $50-80 anyway, I just went for the 6 month option. I figure it works out more or less to buying a new game every six months, which is hardly an expense at all considering I buy far more than two games a year.
                  Definately going to look into getting this game.

Comment

Is it possible to transfer characters between servers? On the beta I had to restart twice because I couldn't remember what server I originally started on and was forced to remake character. Was a good way to try different classes, but a terrible way of selecting characters.

sigpic

Comment

I haven't actually tried it, but at the character select screen there's a button off to the side to select server. I don't see any reason why you can't pop that open, change server, go back to character selection screen to pick your guy and then hop in.

Comment

Just think, I could build a second PC with the cost of these

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/279397...e/Product.html

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/279397...t/Product.html

At times I do believe some people have too much money.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          Just think, I could build a second PC with the cost of these

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/279397...e/Product.html

At times I do believe some people have too much money.
                          That mouse is just a slightly tarted up Razer Naga too.

I have a Naga though and it is a kick ass mouse for this game or any other. The thumb grid on the side just pushes the 1-10 - and = keys along the top of the keyboard for you in its main mode so there's no wonky software or premapping you need to do. Just map your functions to those keys like you normally would only now you can hit them as fast as you'd dial a phone number.

Good as it is I'd have to beat myself to death with it if I'd paid 125 dollars though.

Loving this game so far. Playing Sith Assassin and Bounty Hunter and having a blast. I just wish I could PVP without the horrible soul crushing lag.

The game is still buggy in places, sometimes badly so, but it's definitely a solid offering at its core that restored a lot of my faith in Bioware after DA2.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                            Loving this game so far. Playing Sith Assassin and Bounty Hunter and having a blast.
                            Nice. My only character right now is my Sith Warrior (spec Juggernaut). For my second, I'm kind of torn between BH and Trooper.

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                            I just wish I could PVP without the horrible soul crushing lag.
                            Yeah they need to fix multiplayer latency badly. Not even just for PvP either; quest group conversations are so slow.

Comment

Nice. My only character right now is my Sith Warrior (spec Juggernaut). For my second, I'm kind of torn between BH and Trooper.
                              The BH is a PvE monster in the early game at least. Mine is only level 20 but already the AoE damage he can throw out is just insane relative to enemies near his level. I'm talking nuke an entire mob of 4-5 enemies with a single use of "death from above". He's also got blaster sweep which only does about half the damage but is an instant cast with no cooldown and the same area of effect.

Yeah they need to fix multiplayer latency badly. Not even just for PvP either; quest group conversations are so slow.
                              It's killing me. I play this with 2 friends on skype regularly and both of them can PvP just fine. Then on the other hand there's people on the bioware forums saying they've got intel i7s with high end SLI'd video cards and are getting 10 fps in PvP and upwards of 100 everywhere else.

My computer is hardly new anymore but it's hard to justify updating it when you hear stories like that.

The fact nobody seems to know what's causing it is especially worrying.

I haven't had too many problems with the PvE content of the game though fortunately. Even playing with the two other people I mentioned all together. It does seem that sometimes the game will just decide it hates you though, and then you're left standing next to an enemy mashing a skill button 78 times with your skill not going off.

My friends definitely have had problems though.

Both of them are Imperial agent snipers and both of them got the same horrible bug where the boss of the chapter 1 storyline could not be targeted or have skills activated on him because they "could not see target" despite standing right in front of him while he smashed their faces in with melee attacks.

It was so bad I had to go to their mission with my assassin just to distract/tank the boss so the 1 out of 10 skills that would actually activate successfully on him would be enough to eventually kill him. One of my friends was heavily over leveled for the fight even, but that still wasn't enough to overcome the bugs alone.

Comment

At the moment I'm struggling with smuggler storyline mission: lightspring.. that damned sith wench is pwning me even when I was on same level.. >.<

"...."

Comment

Working...
                                X