Everything Star Wars Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
    I've liked Corran ever since his debut in the X-wing series. In fact, Rogue Squadron is one of my favorite SW novels of all time. If I had to rank them, it would be the Thrawn Trilogy (it's one book, really), Rogue Squadron, and Shatterpoint. I also liked Corran in I Jedi. The duel was one of the best.

You mean the way HE went down... *sigh*
    I have not read Legacy yet . Though the question has to be raised....was he Anakin Skywalker done right....because the comparison has been made....may have even been why they had killed him off...Anakin Solo that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
      I have not read Legacy yet . Though the question has to be raised....was he Anakin Skywalker done right....because the comparison has been made....may have even been why they had killed him off...Anakin Solo that is.
      Neither have I... I've just read spoilers.

Anakin Solo = Anakin Skywalker sans bad exterminate-the-Jedi-join-Sith? I would have to say so. Not sure why that would necessitate his demise though...

Comment

Neither have I... I've just read spoilers.

Anakin Solo = Anakin Skywalker sans bad exterminate-the-Jedi-join-Sith? I would have to say so. Not sure why that would necessitate his demise though...
        well according to the whole thing that I have read on Wiki Anakin Solo was meant to fall to the darkside and do the whole Jacen thing....but Lucas felt that would be too much like Anakin Skywalker, so he had Anakin Solo killed off and Jacen would rise to be the Sith.

Comment

well according to the whole thing that I have read on Wiki Anakin Solo was meant to fall to the darkside and do the whole Jacen thing....but Lucas felt that would be too much like Anakin Skywalker, so he had Anakin Solo killed off and Jacen would rise to be the Sith.
          Oh... Well... That sucks. Then you just end up losing both of them.

I still don't know where they're going with this whole rise of the Sith thing. What was the point of Anakin Skywalker then? I heard that the Vong series was originally planned to be Sith/Dark Jedi instead of the Vong, but Lucas felt that would make Anakin Skywalker pointless, so he had them come up with the Vong.

... Only to have the Sith rise up anyway??????

Comment

Anakn solo never made it to Jedi knight wasn't he still an apprentice?

Comment

Oh... Well... That sucks. Then you just end up losing both of them.

I still don't know where they're going with this whole rise of the Sith thing. What was the point of Anakin Skywalker then? I heard that the Vong series was originally planned to be Sith/Dark Jedi instead of the Vong, but Lucas felt that would make Anakin Skywalker pointless, so he had them come up with the Vong.

... Only to have the Sith rise up anyway??????
              Well I get he bought balance to the force....because he did....it basically reset the map back to the beginning. And arguably the Vader, and Palpetine were the last of the 'true sith' which would make all the followers after the fact only wannabees, especially in the case of whats her face there that trained Jacen. Who was not really a Sith in the first place.

Comment

hey if Owen let Obi-Wan Teach Luke the ways of the force how far do u think luke would've been at the time of a new hope if obi started teaching Luke around 6 years old?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  Anakn solo never made it to Jedi knight wasn't he still an apprentice?
                  Yes.

Well I get he bought balance to the force....because he did....it basically reset the map back to the beginning. And arguably the Vader, and Palpetine were the last of the 'true sith' which would make all the followers after the fact only wannabees, especially in the case of whats her face there that trained Jacen. Who was not really a Sith in the first place.
                  I can buy resetting the map, but why was resetting the map of any benefit to the Jedi? They were ahead. So why look forward to being reset?

Definitely agree with the new Sith being wanna bees. That's how I console myself anyway...

Comment

hey if Owen let Obi-Wan Teach Luke the ways of the force how far do u think luke would've been at the time of a new hope if obi started teaching Luke around 6 years old?
                    Vader would have died in ESB if not ANH. Luke trained by Obi-Wan the way his father had been would mean that Luke would be like Anakin in Ep. II, if not stronger. Ep. II Anakin is more than a match for more machine now than man Darth Vader.

The question is whether such a task could be safely done. The Emperor might have sensed Luke's growing strength and - intervened - before Luke was ready.

Comment

that would've been Lumiya. who apparently in the years following ROTJ luke and her had some history and she tried to fame luke. and then she turned sith im guessing.

Comment

powerful
                        Yes.

I can buy resetting the map, but why was resetting the map of any benefit to the Jedi? They were ahead. So why look forward to being reset?

Definitely agree with the new Sith being wanna bees. That's how I console myself anyway...
                        Because they had gotten too powerful and too out of control in that power and needed to be reset . A lot of the corruption going on within the Jedi some of them were not much better then the Sith. thankfully luke happened.

I do tend to think that is the most likely explanation

Comment

that would've been Lumiya. who apparently in the years following ROTJ luke and her had some history and she tried to fame luke. and then she turned sith im guessing.
                          Really that is not what I understood?

Comment

I will always prefer 4,5,6 to 1,2,3. Return of the Jedi is my third favorite movie and watching them with my dad is one of my best memories. I didn't really like the prequels to me they weren't really star wars. But I was older when 1 was released to theaters so I didn't really get where they were going . But then when it comes to those types of movies the originals win for me every time

Comment

She learned some Sith lore from Vader around the ESB timeframe. She took the title Dark Lady of the Sith immediately following the deaths of Vader and Palpatine.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lumiya

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

Yeah well anyway I've been thinking do u think Ben will be able to live up to his namesakes reputation as a Jedi?

Comment

Working...
                                X