X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Ugh, no way.
    Is this about my comment? It was
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
    ---
    sigpic

Comment

Jar Jar did help salvage Episode 1
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
        Ep2 was the best of the prequels.
        someone here will say i should respect your opinion. but in this case it doesn't apply. you are completely, irrevocably, wrong.

Episode 2 was by far the absolute worst. Not only did a kindergartener write the script, it was filled with far too many stupid over-the-top scenarios, and a story that could have been interesting, but instead was drawn out and lame.

oh my god it almost makes me angry to think anyone in the world could have thought this movie was anywhere remotely respectable.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        Jar Jar did help salvage Episode 1
        Jar Jar is the worst character in the history of cinema.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
          someone here will say i should respect your opinion. but in this case it doesn't apply. you are completely, irrevocably, wrong.

Episode 2 was by far the absolute worst. Not only did a kindergartener write the script, it was filled with far too many stupid over-the-top scenarios, and a story that could have been interesting, but instead was drawn out and lame.

oh my god it almost makes me angry to think anyone in the world could have thought this movie was anywhere remotely respectable.
          I think you have mistaken Ep2 with 1 and 3
          Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
          ---
          sigpic

Comment

Green for Morbo. 110% correct re: Episode II.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I think you have mistaken Ep2 with 1 and 3
              the fate of Ep2 can be summed up in one, three word line:

"this party's over."

i seriously almost walked out of the theater. i mean, what i sat through up to that point was barely...barely tolerable, but Samuel L (one of the worst picks for a Jedi EVER), just seriously destroys the barrier of awfulness.

also something else from that set of reviews on youtube which is true - Ep2 was largely filmed in front of blue screens. It lacks a tangible feel like the originals. It feels fake. it looks fake.

Comment

the fate of Ep2 can be summed up in one, three word line:

"this party's over."

i seriously almost walked out of the theater. i mean, what i sat through up to that point was barely...barely tolerable, but Samuel L (one of the worst picks for a Jedi EVER), just seriously destroys the barrier of awfulness.

also something else from that set of reviews on youtube which is true - Ep2 was largely filmed in front of blue screens. It lacks a tangible feel like the originals. It feels fake. it looks fake.
                Samuel was perfect for the role of Mace.

Okay... I'll admit, not a very Jedi line. But its not terrible.

No, it looks CGIed. Fake is the AT-ATs in ESB.
                ---
                sigpic

Comment

/facepalms

The AT-ATs were models, which made them look tangible and feel 'real'. The stuff in EpII looks like CGI, and therefore feels fake.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

/facepalms

The AT-ATs were models, which made them look tangible and feel 'real'. The stuff in EpII looks like CGI, and therefore feels fake.
                    Nope, it looks just about as real as it can. And the AT-AT's looked fake. They weren't very good models and looked fake
                    ---
                    sigpic

Comment

Nope, it looks just about as real as it can. And the AT-AT's looked fake. They weren't very good models and looked fake
                      No matter. You've already forfeited the right to be taken seriously after saying what you did about Episode II

Comment

No matter. You've already forfeited the right to be taken seriously after saying what you did about Episode II
                        You lost the same right when you implied that 1 or 3 are better than 2 If you culd not see the crap that was 3..
                        ---
                        sigpic

Comment

I have yet to hear why Jar Jar is so horrible.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Alright in this debate everyone is entitled to their own opinions, no opinions can be wrong! Some may like Jar Jar and some may not. Some may like the prequel trilogy while others like the original trilogy or even both, nobody will agree on the same thing for everything. In. My. Opinion. The original trilogy is more real, gritty, and better while the prequels may be fun, i'll admit I liked them at first but I'm only 18 and my mind has changed alot in the past two years. The prequel trilogy didn't make sense as being prequels as we are supposed to believe that this beautiful galaxy turns into the gritty-ness we see in the OT in only 20 years? How odd. Plus Star Wars (also IMO) has de-evolved into a franchise directed at kids, while some adults may like them as well. I have trouble liking any Star Wars movie because of what George Lucas has done. The prequel trilogy may of been better if it wasn't Star Wars (IMO again).

Comment

this guy is obviously just doing it for fun.
                              there's no way he can seriously believe what he is saying.
                              AT-ATs were some of the most amazing looking visuals out there.

Comment

this guy is obviously just doing it for fun.
                                there's no way he can seriously believe what he is saying.
                                AT-ATs were some of the most amazing looking visuals out there.
                                I do agree, the AT-ATs blow my mind, Empire Strikes Back FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X