Everything Star Wars Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
    Was Yaddle on the council at any point in the clone wars?
    Isn't Yaddle a little too old for the Clone wars or am I confused?
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      I think you are confused

Comment

Yaddle was in episode 1. Then between episode 1 and 2 he died. I kind would like to see Siri Tachi make an appearance on the clone wars. Her, quinlan vos and ferus olin.

Comment

Well I have not finished the series either I am just commenting on the little I know from reading wookie

And that is pretty much an assumption because we did not actually see a lot of that during the course of the war, also from what I know.

And yeah that is a very absolute statement, I did not like it much either.
          *Eyes go wide* I didn't spoil anything for you did I???

If so, my sincerest apologies.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          Yaddle was another Yoda like creature seen briefly (if at all) in Episode I. She (He?) is shown in the Episode 1 visual dictionary.

Comment

I don't think Yaddle is too old for the Clone Wars considering Yoda was pushing 900. However I don't think Yaddle was part of the Clone Wars as I don't remember seeing her outside Episode I within the movies. She's not hard to make out, you see her a few times during the council scenes with Qui Gon and Anakin.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
              *Eyes go wide* I didn't spoil anything for you did I???

If so, my sincerest apologies.

Yaddle was another Yoda like creature seen briefly (if at all) in Episode I. She (He?) is shown in the Episode 1 visual dictionary.
              The only thing that I really did not know was that Borelias was over several months, still have not gotten that far yet . But I know the gneral gist of what happened. Can't wait till I actually read it

Comment

The only thing that I really did not know was that Borelias was over several months, still have not gotten that far yet . But I know the gneral gist of what happened. Can't wait till I actually read it
                The siege of Borelias occurs in Rebel Stand and Rebel Dream, two outstanding books of the series that take place right after Star By Star. They are, IMO, the two best of the series with the exception of maybe Dark Tide I and II and Destiny's Way.

Comment

The siege of Borelias occurs in Rebel Stand and Rebel Dream, two outstanding books of the series that take place right after Star By Star. They are, IMO, the two best of the series with the exception of maybe Dark Tide I and II and Destiny's Way.
                  I liked the Anakin Solo duology...those were the best by far right now...IMO. Star By Star fell a little...flat to me, it was very good, but still fell flat at places . And Dark Journey was a very good book, but some things bugged me about it. Those are the next two on the list

Comment

I liked the Anakin Solo duology...those were the best by far right now...IMO. Star By Star fell a little...flat to me, it was very good, but still fell flat at places . And Dark Journey was a very good book, but some things bugged me about it. Those are the next two on the list
                    Did you notice any continuity flops between Dark Journey and Star by Star? I thought I did, but I can't remember. Something about the way the timeline meshed together between the books...

The Anakin Solo duology. That's got to be the Keyes books right? Conquest and Rebirth? I liked Rebirth, but not as much as Dark Tide 1 and 2.

Star by Star had a lot of problems. First and for most was that they tried to accomplish WAY TOO MUCH in one book. Major battle/loss and major character death. I remember it being a LONG book, and while it had elements I really did like, it had parts that I didn't like.

Comment

Did you notice any continuity flops between Dark Journey and Star by Star? I thought I did, but I can't remember. Something about the way the timeline meshed together between the books...

The Anakin Solo duology. That's got to be the Keyes books right? Conquest and Rebirth? I liked Rebirth, but not as much as Dark Tide 1 and 2.

Star by Star had a lot of problems. First and for most was that they tried to accomplish WAY TOO MUCH in one book. Major battle/loss and major character death. I remember it being a LONG book, and while it had elements I really did like, it had parts that I didn't like.
                      you know now that I think about it I seem to remember feeling uneasy with some of it. Of course that could be beacause they threw in a short story that took place....no wait that was star by star nevermind . But...well I am seriously considering starting them (again )

Dark Tide for whatever reason really did not do it for me but I loved both of the books ...the Conquest and Rebirth. Anakin became the definition of awesome.

And yeah over all I would agree with you, just too much crammed in especialyl early on, I felt like it did smooth out towards the end of the book, and got a lot better. And I loved the battle of Coruscant...I do not know if this is bad or not bt I noticed that the book tended to get repetitive in bits.

Comment

you know now that I think about it I seem to remember feeling uneasy with some of it. Of course that could be beacause they threw in a short story that took place....no wait that was star by star nevermind . But...well I am seriously considering starting them (again )

Dark Tide for whatever reason really did not do it for me but I loved both of the books ...the Conquest and Rebirth. Anakin became the definition of awesome.

And yeah over all I would agree with you, just too much crammed in especialyl early on, I felt like it did smooth out towards the end of the book, and got a lot better. And I loved the battle of Coruscant...I do not know if this is bad or not bt I noticed that the book tended to get repetitive in bits.
                        I just remember in Dark Tide Corran Horn talking to the Vong leader Shadoa Shai, "You've got Republic commandos attacking on the east and a Noghri death squad attacking on the west... I bet it's real quiet on the west." I liked how much of the Vong was revealed in those books. In fact, the Vong were never suppose to be so pain oriented. That was only suppose to be Shai's sect. Stackpole did such a good job portraying them that way that the overall scope of the series was adjusted so that the Vong became that way.

Anakin was always the definition of awesome. I really liked Jacen there for a while. Before Balance of the Force... Before Traitor... Before the Legacy series...

Battle of Coruscant was awesome.

Comment

I just remember in Dark Tide Corran Horn talking to the Vong leader Shadoa Shai, "You've got Republic commandos attacking on the east and a Noghri death squad attacking on the west... I bet it's real quiet on the west." I liked how much of the Vong was revealed in those books. In fact, the Vong were never suppose to be so pain oriented. That was only suppose to be Shai's sect. Stackpole did such a good job portraying them that way that the overall scope of the series was adjusted so that the Vong became that way.

Anakin was always the definition of awesome. I really liked Jacen there for a while. Before Balance of the Force... Before Traitor... Before the Legacy series...

Battle of Coruscant was awesome.
                          Actually now that I remember I really did like the second book of that series...or the first one...whatever was the one with Ithor And I did like Luke freeing all the prisoners and Jacen on Belkadan there.

Yes Obi Wan . Though I have always been big fan of Jaina and Anakin, those two were just so amazing . And hot . Though Jacen at times really annoys me and really endears me...I want to read him and Veagere already

It was probably one of the more expansive and in depth space battle in literature that I have ever read, so detailed that they went slowly out from the outer part of the system to the inner.

Comment

Actually now that I remember I really did like the second book of that series...or the first one...whatever was the one with Ithor And I did like Luke freeing all the prisoners and Jacen on Belkadan there.

Yes Obi Wan . Though I have always been big fan of Jaina and Anakin, those two were just so amazing . And hot . Though Jacen at times really annoys me and really endears me...I want to read him and Veagere already

It was probably one of the more expansive and in depth space battle in literature that I have ever read, so detailed that they went slowly out from the outer part of the system to the inner.
                            Ithor was Dark Tide 1 and 2. I think it meets its fate in DT 2. Vector Prime was the first followed by DT 1 and DT 2.

I share your feelings on Jacen. You haven't read Traitor yet, but I was SO psyched about that book. I was reading it, and there were parts where I cheered out loud. Then, there were parts that made my put the book down and skulk. Jacen can be the most insightful at times, and at other times, he's the densest piece of neutronium on the market.

Any battle for Coruscant rocks. X-wing series, Star by Star, Episode III, and Unifying Force.

Comment

Ithor was Dark Tide 1 and 2. I think it meets its fate in DT 2. Vector Prime was the first followed by DT 1 and DT 2.

I share your feelings on Jacen. You haven't read Traitor yet, but I was SO psyched about that book. I was reading it, and there were parts where I cheered out loud. Then, there were parts that made my put the book down and skulk. Jacen can be the most insightful at times, and at other times, he's the densest piece of neutronium on the market.

Any battle for Coruscant rocks. X-wing series, Star by Star, Episode III, and Unifying Force.
                              yeah the one where it meets its fate. That duel was awesome I always did think that Corran was way too hard on itself. especially considering he is one of my favorite Jedi.

I understand the feeling completly. It makes him kind've interesting the way everything went down in the end

Episode three was great.

Comment

yeah the one where it meets its fate. That duel was awesome I always did think that Corran was way too hard on itself. especially considering he is one of my favorite Jedi.

I understand the feeling completly. It makes him kind've interesting the way everything went down in the end

Episode three was great.
                                I've liked Corran ever since his debut in the X-wing series. In fact, Rogue Squadron is one of my favorite SW novels of all time. If I had to rank them, it would be the Thrawn Trilogy (it's one book, really), Rogue Squadron, and Shatterpoint. I also liked Corran in I Jedi. The duel was one of the best.

You mean the way HE went down... *sigh*

Comment

Working...
                                X