Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    The beauty of fiction is you can do whatever you want with it. Just because someone wrote it, doesn't mean I have to read it. That sort of thing.

Besides, if even showrunners can ignore episodes because of how colossally bad they are, I most certainly can.
    You watching/reading is not in question. Just that it did happen rather you want to accpeat it or not
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

ENT 3.20 "The Forgotten"
      This was a really nice transitionary story for everyone involved. It was very well placed in the overall story of the season. Trip, in having to deal with the loss people serving under him, finally has to come to terms with the death of his sister.

This is also a really big change for both Archer and Degra. Archer finds himself trying to forge peace after all this agonizing time and having to do horrible things in pursuit of the mission. Degra finds his humanity and truly begins to understand the horror of what he inflicted on Earth in the attack. Good stuff.

ENT 3.21 "E²"
      Ehh....this one is a bit hit or miss. I mean, on one hand I've already seen this one--Children of Time--and this doesn't really bring a whole lot exciting to the table by comparison. And um...isn't Lorien wearing one of Jake Sisko's vests?

On the other hand, I quite like the hundred-year-old blasted up Enterprise quite a lot. And I do like what they've done with examining the potential future of the Enterprise crew.

I do have one rather sizable complaint though: that they really didn't even bother to pursue the pre-destination paradox idea presented here. They mention that the Xindi have probably detected their ship more than once and that that's probably why they kept asking Archer how many Earth ships are in the Expanse. And they mention having tried and failed to stop the initial Xindi attack--but then never follow up! They never bother to even suggest that maybe it's because an Earth ship attacked the probe in the first place was the reason that it was launched (in what is the single most ludicrous tactical oversight of all time).
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

When even the most ardent of Enterprise supporters prefers to ignore that one, I'm certainly not going to accept it
        As the resident ENT lover... Terra Prime is the finale of the series.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          As the resident ENT lover... Terra Prime is the finale of the series.
          Not according to the series canon
          Jelgate is right

Comment

When even the most ardent of Enterprise supporters prefers to ignore that one, I'm certainly not going to accept it
            are you at least going to watch it?

Comment

Heck no I'm not. I'm going to end on Terra Prime and then read the 3 'relaunch' novels. I may skip around in it to see the stuff that's part of the ENT era, but I'm not convinced of that just yet.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Heck no I'm not. I'm going to end on Terra Prime and then read the 3 'relaunch' novels. I may skip around in it to see the stuff that's part of the ENT era, but I'm not convinced of that just yet.
                You're such a headstrong little individual! has anyone ever told you that?

Comment

Taking a page out of brother DigiFluid's book I will skip What You Leave Behind when I get there
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

VOY: Counterpoint.
                    Perhaps what all or some of season 5 should have been: Voyager at the mercy of an evil 'Federation'. Still, it was enjoyable. Janeway can manipulate like a changeling.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Taking a page out of brother DigiFluid's book I will skip What You Leave Behind when I get there
                      The difference being, WYLB resolved an ongoing story. TATV just squirted out a story after gorging on Taco Bell.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                        You're such a headstrong little individual! has anyone ever told you that?
                        Yes. Yes I am

Comment

The difference being, WYLB resolved an ongoing story. TATV just squirted out a story after gorging on Taco Bell.
                          It's interesting how many people hate it. If TATV's had been remade, and casted as a stand alone episode in the series... it likely would have been a fan favorite.

Comment

It's interesting how many people hate it. If TATV's had been remade, and casted as a stand alone episode in the series... it likely would have been a fan favorite.
                            I think that might depend on what exactly was cut. I mean....the TNG angle made it a slap in the face to ENT fans (even Jonathan Frakes dislikes this episode). Word is that most of the cast were disappointed with the episode--most of all Connor Trineer, who thought that killing off Trip was unnecessary and uncalled-for. Manny Coto considers Terra Prime to be the end of the series; thinking of TATV as a sort of coda.

It might have worked if it had been a Daniels-guest episode again, but even that I'm not convinced of.

Comment

I'm not a big ENT fan, but in almost every episode they seem to mention Chef.

Have they ever actually showed the guy? ha.

Comment

I'm not a big ENT fan, but in almost every episode they seem to mention Chef.

Have they ever actually showed the guy? ha.
                                They showed him from the waist down and one arm in The Catwalk. That's the most we ever saw of him

Comment

Working...
                                X