Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    TNG 3.23 'Sarek' -- Nice to see Sarek again after so long. And he has yet another human wife....I think we know what his tastes are
    Once you go Human, you never go back.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      Once you go Human, you never go back.
      Apparently! He must have found Vulcan women too uptight after his first human wife passed.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

TNG 4.03 'Family' -- This is such a fantastic episode, at every level. After the awesome cliffhanger and resolution of 'The Best of Both Worlds', it's hard to imagine being able to return with any authority but here they picked it right up. The brief Wesley story, the Worf and his parents story, and Picard trying to work through the post-traumatic stress of the Borg incident; all of it is just fantastic. I'm also very amused that a family of French people is all actors with English accents. Kind of reminds me of Futurama and their running joke about how French is a dead language

Patrick Stewart is a brilliant actor
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          TNG 4.03 'Family' -- This is such a fantastic episode, at every level. After the awesome cliffhanger and resolution of 'The Best of Both Worlds', it's hard to imagine being able to return with any authority but here they picked it right up. The brief Wesley story, the Worf and his parents story, and Picard trying to work through the post-traumatic stress of the Borg incident; all of it is just fantastic. I'm also very amused that a family of French people is all actors with English accents. Kind of reminds me of Futurama and their running joke about how French is a dead language

Patrick Stewart is a brilliant actor
          He is indeed! One of the best IMO.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Ah, yes. 'The Best of Both Worlds' trilogy. Seeing Picard falter at the end of BoBW pt 2 was a good sign that he was still affected, but this episode really hammered home how deeply it affected him. Thinking about leaving Starfleet, returning home?! Obviously, Picard was really traumatized by being Locutus. I never watch BoBW without watching this, too.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

TOS: The Corbomite Maneuver. Loved what the alien turned out to be.
              sigpic

Comment

I watched 'Caretaker' for the first time Only Voyager episode I had never seen before!
                Also 'Live Fast and Prosper' (VOY)
                'Through the Looking Glass' (DS9)

Comment

Last night I also got through:

TNG 4.03 'Brothers' -- Brent Spiner acting his socks off Also, getting the family attention that there wasn't room for in the previous episode!

TNG 4.04 'Suddenly Human' -- An episode that's mostly 'meh'; I swear if I'd been in the room when they started that shrill whining sound I would have gone and strangled each of them one after the other. Redeemed by a wonderfully human end to it all.

TNG 4.05 'Remember Me' -- I've seen this episode far, far too many times for it to have any real impact on me, but....I still like it. There's something kind of neat about thinking of the universe as a 'spheroid region approximately 700 metres in diameter'

TNG 4.06 'Legacy' -- I'm not quite sure what the point of this episode was, beyond an object lesson in trust and friendship for Data. While that's nice and would have made an interesting anciliary point, it's instead thrust into the forefront while the crisis at hand--two Federation captives being held hostage by a vicious force--is virtually ignored.

Won't be seeing much today, just got back from a pair of 'friends' getting married, reception is in a couple hours and in the meantime I'm going to have a nap
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Tonight I watched TNG episode "Eye of the Beholder".
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Last night while still thoroughly loaded, I managed to get through:

TNG 4.07 'Reunion' -- Oh what a wonderful and wonderfully important to the Worf/Klingon story arc. For an episode I rarely remember the title of, I really like this episode a lot. In a lot of ways I find the Klingon story arc a lot more interesting than the Borg one; there's so much going on, so much backstory, so much nuance at every step along the way. It's just a joy to watch

TNG 4.08 'Future Imperfect' -- This episode, by contrast, is so compelling that I dozed off for a while in the middle of it and still don't feel that I missed anything interesting

Comment

TNG 4.09 'Final Mission' -- The garbage scow--why not just vapourize it with phasers or torpedoes? If there's no radioactive particle, there's no radiation! If for some reason this doesn't work, WHY did it need to be towed all the way to the star? Crash it in the asteroid field, and LET INERTIA TAKE IT THERE!

This episode has so many logical flaws it makes my head hurt. Why would Picard and Wes not just take one of the Enterprise's shuttles, what logical reason is there for them to ride in someone else's rickety POS shuttle? Why the hell would someone put a water fountain in a desert cave on an uninhabited moon, much less behind a force field? And when he finally did get the energy pulse to disable the force field--why in hell didn't Wesley DUCK when it was coming at him, rather than let the bloody thing pass THROUGH HIM!?

Oh man. As annoying as Wesley was at the beginning, by this point he's actually a decent character. Why they gave him such a terrible sendoff I'll never know. Cute blonde ensign at the helm though
                        Last edited by DigiFluid; 30 August 2009, 07:36 AM.

Comment

TNG 4.10 'The Loss' -- I find it interesting that Riker tries to sneak a kiss from Troi near the end of the episode. The kind of background relationship that doesn't really get a lot of attention over the years, but you know it's there.

TNG 4.11 'Data's Day' -- An interesting little side story. I like it because it's a story told exclusively from Data's point of view as he works through a single day, struggling to understand humanity every step along the way. I was a little taken aback when Data went to talk to Troi....and while she pours milk into her tea we get a long lingering shot DIRECTLY on her cleavage before it pans up. I just had to laugh

This also introduced two longstanding Trek characters. First, O'Brien's (soon to be) wife. Complete and total prima donna, absolute shrew. I hated Keiko from the get-go, and nothing she did for the remainder of TNG or DS9 changed that perception. Actually, I felt kind of sorry for O'Brien. We also got to see Spot for the first time

Oh, and Dr. Crusher teaching Data to dance. Hilarious

TNG 4.12 'The Wounded' -- The introduction of the Cardassians! One thing that I especially enjoyed now that I have the benefit of retrospect....Worf announces that he doesn't trust them, and when Troi chides him that they're allies now an he has to trust them he retorts that "trust is earned"
                          Last edited by DigiFluid; 30 August 2009, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Unamatrix Zero (VOY) and Improbable Cause (DS9)

Comment

DS9: Through The Looking Glass
                              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

'What Are Little Girls Made Of'. Meh...okay, but not so great either. The best part is the

Spoiler:
                                two Kirks on the giant centrifuge-thingy, spinning around at ninety miles an hour.

The entire set looks like that expanding insulation foam, though...even with the first-season budget, they just didn't have the technology back then...
                                sigpic
                                ~the guitarists~

Comment

Working...
                                X