Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Star Trek Ep/Movie Did you Watch Today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously, Vegas is one of those episodes.

If I owned the Stargate Atlantis DVD, and had some video software... I'd gladly enjoy corrupting the video file.

With a smile on my face.

Comment

Vegas is on the short list of SGA episodes that I actually liked
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Vegas is on the short list of SGA episodes that I actually liked
        Is there any episodes of Voyager that you actually like?

Come on, throw me a bone here.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
          Is there any episodes of Voyager that you actually like?

Come on, throw me a bone here.
          Hmmmm. I liked Living Witness, more or less.

I enjoyed the premise(s), but (to varying degrees) not the execution of:
          Basics
          Year of Hell
          Timeless
          Relativity
          Equinox

That aside, no. It was a horrible, horrible series that I've done my very best to try to forget.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Hmmmm. I liked Living Witness, more or less.

I enjoyed the premise(s), but (to varying degrees) not the execution of:
            Basics
            Year of Hell
            Timeless
            Relativity
            Equinox

That aside, no. It was a horrible, horrible series that I've done my very best to try to forget.
            This coming from the person re-watching Enterprise. Generally, the most hated and accepted worst Trek by fans.

When's your brithday again? I'd like to send you a model ship of Voyager.
            Last edited by Alan Wake; 23 June 2010, 11:51 PM.

Comment

This coming from the person re-watching Enterprise. Generally, the most hated and accepted worst Trek by fans.
              Enterprise I can at least try to reconcile. VOY, I just spent every episode hoping that every last member of the crew would die horribly.

When's your brithday again? I'd like to send you a model ship of Voyager.
              So I can stuff it with fireworks?

Also, I edited while you were replying

Comment

VOY: Nothing Human.
                First off... Janeway washing her hands of Torres' emotional turmoil... Beautiful. At least you're alive to have emotional turmoil, B'Elanna.
                I hate morality episodes, usually because I'm on the 'wrong' side. This episode, for instance... As much as I understand where the Bajoran man who suffered through Crell's barbarism is coming from, how much of his own belief system or outlook or actions are based on barbaric incidents? Torres and the rest of the Maquis certainly have blood on their hands. If the Cardassians left the DMZ because of the Maquis' terrorism, would the subsequent freedom and peace be marred by the actions made to secure it? Would the Maquis want to be erased and all their good actions forgotten? Is the statute of limitation on morality simply direct memory? I wonder if the research of Mengele or Unit 731 or other alien Doctors of Death was deleted from the Starfleet Medical Database because of stupid morality issues.
                In the end, it boils down to this: I'm sorry if anyone died or got vivisected in order to perfect a treatment or just for some sucko's kicks, but I want my new liver.

Quote of the episode: "Ethics, Morality, conscience; funny how they all go out the airlock when we need something." - Crell
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

... Enterprise. Generally, the most hated and accepted worst Trek by fans.
                  Generally, I don't like generalizations.

ENT: Congenitor
                  Last edited by JadedWraith; 25 June 2010, 12:56 AM. Reason: adding:
                  sigpic
                  Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                  Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                    Generally, I don't like generalizations.

ENT: Congenitor
                    You just had to follow your comment with one of the worst episodes in the series, didn't you?

Comment

The Battle
                      Star Trek TNG, Season 1, Episode 8, Disc 3

Comment

Enterprise: E²

Very good episode!

I wonder if the other enterprise actually survived. The conversation with Archer made it seem so. Perhaps if the series had continued, we might have encountered them again.

Comment

Hide and Q
                          Star Trek TNG, Season 1, Episode 9, Disc 3

Haven
                          Star Trek TNG, Season 1, Episode 10, Disc 3

The Big Goodbye
                          Star Trek TNG, Season 1, Episode 11, Disc 3 -
                          Spoiler:
                          Episodes with Dixon Hill in the holo-deck are among my favorite

What Are Little Girls Made Of
                          Star Trek TOS, Season 1, Episode 7, Disc 3

Miri
                          Star Trek TOS, Season 1, Episode 8, Disc 3

Dagger of the Mind
                          Star Trek TOS, Season 1, Episode 9, Disc 3
                          Last edited by General Jumper One; 25 June 2010, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Star Trek: The Original Series: The Man Trap

Comment

I re-watched VOY's Good Shepherd earlier tonight. Definitely one of the better offerings from Voyager in the sixth season.
                              sigpic

Comment

Alright...after a few days off to marathon other things, I'm back to my Enterprise watch-through again!

ENT 3.12 "Chosen Realm"
                                Intriguing stuff going on here. I love how the religious group that comes aboard turns out to be a bunch of Jim Jones Jihadis. The fact that they were able to easily bring aboard internally-implanted organic explosives really wonderfully underscores just how new at this they still are. Despite having had things get very serious this year, they're still very green.

Even with a few days off, I still found it maddeningly frustrating when the cultist leader deleted all the data they've gathered on the spheres so far. Gah, that's a big setback. I was, however, slightly puzzled that the amount of data deleted was measured in "XB"--which is not an actual measurement of volume of data.

Episodes like this, so singular and isolated, kind of make me wish for a longer examination of the story. I think having fanatical worshippers of the Sphere Builders could've been an amazing story sub-arc to flesh out this season's story. And the cultist leader guy would've made a terrific on-going nemesis for Archer.

The space battle between the Enterprise and the other Slave I knock-off ships was very nice (even though the hole in the hull from earlier in the episode was nowhere to be seen). Some really nice shots of the ships buzzing around each other. I'm a bit puzzled though as to why T'Pol tried to bear hug the dude manning the weapons when she could've just nerve pinched him.

All in all, a solid episode.

ENT 3.13 "Proving Ground"
                                Shran!!!!

You know....for a ship on such a desperate mission, discipline has really dropped like a rock. T'Pol's and Mayweather are the best dressed of the lot, seems like everyone else can't be bothered to zip up their uniforms or put a proper undershirt on anymore. And for some of them, it seems that shaving has become optional too.

I love that Shran and his ship have come to the aid of Archer and the Enterprise here, it's another one of those things that I'd love to have seen played out over a longer period of time. Co-ordinating searches, attacks, butting heads on policy, etc. Would've been a nice Rag Tag Fleet sort of thing (I would've liked to have seen something like that with the Equinox in voyager). I'm kind of wondering how many re-shoots it took for Bakula and Combs to drink down the blue kool-aid "Andorian ale" and make disgusted faces without laughing hysterically

Really liked the female Andorian lieutenant too. She made a great foil for Reed while they were trying to repair the Enterprise weapons systems. And I can't help but notice that she has very similar eyes to the waitress whose number I failed to get on Saturday night >.<

Yet again--fantastic VFX.
                                Last edited by DigiFluid; 28 June 2010, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X