Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Into Darkness : Spec/Ideas/News (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
    So? It's the Federation, the usual good guys. We never see the Klingons or the Romulans saving existence.
    Considering that the Federation is already 'ahead' thanks to scanning the Narada's future technology, the Klingons may be also, considering a similar encounter with the Narada. The Romulans may also be ahead if Nero gave the Romulans everything he knew about the 'future'. Full disclosure on Spock's part is necessary in any scenario considering the horrible things that WILL happen at some point in the future and the potential changes created by Nero's time travelling.
    I'm just saying... the future has already been altered by a milestone. Should we really be changing anymore events? Who knows what Nero did in his 20 year wait, maybe he did give away technology... maybe he didn't.

But I think it's just asking for more trouble in advancing, what over 100 years was it? Some things should just be left alone.

Some good star trek episodes touch on this somewhat, don't give away technology to people or beings who are not ready to use it. The only thing you will get is more death and destruction.

Spock knows more then anyone else the values of holding the prime directive and other rules true. Besides giving away the transporter instructions, I doubt he'll give anything else away.
    Last edited by Alan Wake; 17 June 2009, 09:44 PM.

Comment

And so the whale probe will come and destroy Earth, that's if V'Ger doesn't do it first, or the Doomsday Machine. Of course, them destroying Earth will be a blessing if Khan gets free and enslaves it first. At least there won't be an Earth left for the Borg to assimilate in the 24th C.
      Spock should spill ALL the beans. The Federation destroying itself is a very remote possibility, while it and the galaxy being destroyed by these various other forces are definites [since I doubt Nero went out and blew up the Borg and every other threat, or COULD have done so].
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

And so the whale probe will come and destroy Earth, that's if V'Ger doesn't do it first, or the Doomsday Machine. Of course, them destroying Earth will be a blessing if Khan gets free and enslaves it first. At least there won't be an Earth left for the Borg to assimilate in the 24th C.
        Spock should spill ALL the beans. The Federation destroying itself is a very remote possibility, while it and the galaxy being destroyed by these various other forces are definites [since I doubt Nero went out and blew up the Borg and every other threat, or COULD have done so].
        Maybe "our" Spock has enough confidence in this alternate crew to deal with those challenges, just like before.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Confidence is one thing, but considering how dumb luck also played a part in saving existence on numerous occasions, it isn't everything.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Confidence is one thing, but considering how dumb luck also played a part in saving existence on numerous occasions, it isn't everything.
            Oh, I know. I was just playing Devil's Advocate a little.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              Maybe "our" Spock has enough confidence in this alternate crew to deal with those challenges, just like before.
              I agree, they've all done it before without the use of future technology... they can do it again.

I wouldn't say it was all dumb luck.

All the stuff you've listed in your post, you're saying they can't stop all that stuff again?

Comment

I didn't say t was all dumb luck. I said it played a part. The various crews were competent, but chance and coincidence helped them on numerous occasions.
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

No matter the odds, they could always prevail in the end.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

They well might, but they're only human, human/Vulcan, Andorian, etc. They're good, but, sometimes that's not enough. Tasha Yar, for example. Still, fortune favours the bold.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      it will be interesting to see how the alternate crew deals with v'ger and the probe from star trek 4. as those events are not affected by the changes

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
                        it will be interesting to see how the alternate crew deals with v'ger and the probe from star trek 4. as those events are not affected by the changes
                        If we see any of that.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Exclusive Interview: Bob Orci Talks Star Trek & Khan

Rumors are already starting in terms of the sequel to this summer's Star Trek, with J.J. Abrams and the writing team of Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci often bringing up the subject of Khan and the possibility in this time-altered universe that Kirk and Khan could meet again. In this exclusive audio interview, Orci discusses the subject of Khan.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...w/news/?a=8073

Comment

i doubt we will but meh you never know

Comment

Anyone ever read the 'Invasion' series of books?
                              It is a story that spans from 'TOS' over 'Next Generation' and 'DS9' to 'Voyager'. Very interesting reads and I liked the baddies in that one : an old Empire of several races,looking like the archetypes of anything considered evil in Human,Vulcan and Klingon culture, that were evicted from their area of space . They used to enslave all the races using fear as weapon. And now they are coming back wanting to retake what they think is rightfully theirs. But throughout the book they can't be sure if they are in the right place.

I'd like to see that one (the 'TOS' book of course) being transformed in a movie script format.
                              Last edited by Karhedron; 20 June 2009, 06:10 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                              Spoiler:
                              Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                              You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                                Exclusive Interview: Bob Orci Talks Star Trek & Khan

Rumors are already starting in terms of the sequel to this summer's Star Trek, with J.J. Abrams and the writing team of Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci often bringing up the subject of Khan and the possibility in this time-altered universe that Kirk and Khan could meet again. In this exclusive audio interview, Orci discusses the subject of Khan.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...w/news/?a=8073
                                Seeing a remake of Khan intrigues me the most out of all the story ideas they could choose to reuse. I just love what a diabolical character he was.
                                sigpic
                                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                                X