Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Into Darkness : Spec/Ideas/News (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vyse99 View Post
    No one is talking about Wraith of Khan, you do know he appeared in the original series before Star Trek II right? If anything he's referring to remaking Space Seed, not Wraith of Khan.
    I'm not saying Wrath of Khan, I'm saying Khan period. The character's been done, whether it's his reanimation or his revenge on Kirk or anything else to do with the character. It's been done before. There're other untouched TOS concepts to rework.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
      I'm not saying Wrath of Khan, I'm saying Khan period. The character's been done, whether it's his reanimation or his revenge on Kirk or anything else to do with the character. It's been done before. There're other untouched TOS concepts to rework.
      The thing now tho, with it being a AU anythin storyline is up for graps!

Comment

Of course, Abrams has to appeal to the STAR TREK fanbase, which has all the imagination of ritualistically setting up a Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving. In a poll on Twitter by Peter Sciretta of SlashFilm, the three most popular “ideas” by TREK fans were:

1. The Original Crew vs. The Borg
        2. The return of William Shatner
        3. Khan
        http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/spec...rek-reboot.php

Comment

No Borg, please no Borg.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse99 View Post
            No Borg, please no Borg.
            No return of Shantner. I have seriously lost respect for that actor.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Given that Starfleet and the Federation are going to be severely crippled by losing 7 Starship's (from the TOS there didn't seem to be that many vessels out there) and Vulcan it would make sense for the next film to be based on some one like the Klingon's taking advantage of the situation and attempting to invade Federation space.

I agree though that there should be no Borg and no time traveling in the next film, both of these aspects have been over done in Trek.
              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                Given that Starfleet and the Federation are going to be severely crippled by losing 7 Starship's (from the TOS there didn't seem to be that many vessels out there) and Vulcan it would make sense for the next film to be based on some one like the Klingon's taking advantage of the situation and attempting to invade Federation space.

I agree though that there should be no Borg and no time traveling in the next film, both of these aspects have been over done in Trek.
                Yeah, I think they can come up with a better idea for the next film than the Borg (not that I don't love the Borg). And as for time travel, definitely leave that out of the next film. You don't want to use it all the time.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Personally I'd like for there to be no Borg, Klingon (other than allies, although it would be interesting to see how they deal with the genetic tampering done by the Augment virus) or any of the main aliens to be honest.

I'd rather see the lesser seen enemies like Gorn, Tholian or Andorian.

sigpic

Comment

I thought the Andorians are part of the Federation?

but I don't think they need to do Borg or Time Travel, good old klingons or normal Romulan would be interesting

Comment

I want them to explore the unknown; that's always my favorite part of any sci-fi show.

Comment

That's a sci-fi show. For these big, flashy, money-making, no-excess talking or making the audience think between the 'splosions movies, I doubt there will be any exploration unless a big ship shows up and starts destroying stuff. Wait a minute...
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by LanDodger View Post
                          I thought the Andorians are part of the Federation?

but I don't think they need to do Borg or Time Travel, good old klingons or normal Romulan would be interesting
                          They are, but Andorian's have always been a fave of mine so I'd like to see more focus on them, even if it means making them rogue or something like that. Even make it fake Andorian like one of the old TOS episodes.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                            Even make it fake Andorian like one of the old TOS episodes.
                            And have Kirk fight him just as awesomely as in that episode.
                            sigpic
                            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Chris Pine, John Cho, Eric Bana and Anton Yelchin on New Movie, Sequels and More

Are you thinking about a sequel yet?

PINE [...] We're very excited about this one, I think people will enjoy this whether they're fans or non-fans, I know that Bob and Alex are now attached to write a second one if there is going to be a second one. But I know from my part that I loved making this, and I loved the team behind it, my fellow crew mates, so if I were to be asked I know that I would sign up.

YELCHIN Yeah, but I'm with Chris, we all worked really hard to make this one the best there could be, and hopefully people appreciate it and then we'll cross that bridge when we get to it I think.
                              http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/05/...and-More.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                                First Star Trek XII Rumors Appear Online - Possible Spoilers

http://trekweb.com/articles/2009/05/...Spoilers.shtml
                                i really Hope Admiral Pike Walks again cause here they have the opportunity to really dig deep in to this character's background and really gives us an understanding of Chris Pike.

Comment

Working...
                                X