Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek Into Darkness : Spec/Ideas/News (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    Spoiler:
    Cho: 'Khan should be next Trek villain'

John Cho has admitted that he wants classic Star Trek villain Khan to return for the sequel.

The FlashForward actor, who plays Sulu in the sci-fi franchise, told Coming Soon that he is eager to see the Star Trek II: Wrath Of Khan nemesis face the Enterprise crew in the follow-up to last summer's Trek revival.

Cho remarked: "[Khan] is the baddest of them all in my opinion and the coolest hair cut. I'm ready to bring that cut back for my own self."

Star Trek director JJ Abrams and star Zachary Quinto have previously hinted that Khan, previously portrayed by the late Ricardo Montalban, could be back for a sequel.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...k-villain.html
    Having Khan would be interesting. The Wrath of Khan was the first Star Trek movie I saw when I was little...and I still love it.
    sigpic

Comment

Abrams unsure about directing next 'Trek'

JJ Abrams has admitted that he hasn't yet signed on to direct the next Star Trek movie.

The filmmaker confessed that he would be heartbroken if another director took the helm of the sequel, but stated that he wouldn't commit to the project until he had seen a script that he liked.

"The truth is, the idea of anyone else directing the next Star Trek film breaks my heart," he told Coming Soon. "I had the most fun ever with these people. But, it's impossible to know when the script is done.

"That's the time to look at it and ask, 'Is this the right thing for the movie? Is it the right thing for me? My family?' and all that stuff. It's so hard to know a year out with no script in existence if I should direct the movie. I look forward to making that decision when the time comes."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...next-trek.html

Comment

Abrams unsure about directing next 'Trek'

Spoiler:
        JJ Abrams has admitted that he hasn't yet signed on to direct the next Star Trek movie.

The filmmaker confessed that he would be heartbroken if another director took the helm of the sequel, but stated that he wouldn't commit to the project until he had seen a script that he liked.

"The truth is, the idea of anyone else directing the next Star Trek film breaks my heart," he told Coming Soon. "I had the most fun ever with these people. But, it's impossible to know when the script is done.

"That's the time to look at it and ask, 'Is this the right thing for the movie? Is it the right thing for me? My family?' and all that stuff. It's so hard to know a year out with no script in existence if I should direct the movie. I look forward to making that decision when the time comes."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...next-trek.html
        He better direct it!
        sigpic

Comment

First Comment: Abrams SHOULD be the only person to direct XII.

Second Comment: Leave Khan Out!!! Seriously, I cannot get my point through enough on this. Why run the risk of screwing up a classic, by doing it again? This is a new universe, there is no reason Kirk would ever need to run into Khan.

If we need villans, we have Klingon's and Romulan's, unless they're feeling really brave, in which case they could always go with another race, Cardassian's, Tholian's, whoever, but no Khan, and no Augments.
          sigpic
          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

We've got big spoilers for Star Trek 2! (12?)

Director J.J. Abrams confirmed to us that the follow-up to his hit Star Trek won't hit theaters until 2012, speaking last night at a party at the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles to celebrate today's DVD/Blu-ray release. But that could change. And the creators gave us tantalizing hints about the sequel's timeframe and other story points.

Producer/writer Damon Lindelof Lindelof told us that he thinks it's impossible to be done sooner. "Yeah, I think that we would be hard pressed to get it on screens by 2011," Lindelof said. "If that's the case, we'd better get to writing right now."

But Abrams believes more time will benefit the creative process. "It's like closet space," Abrams said. "You use what you've got. The more time you have, the more time you have to use to hopefully make it a better movie."

For his part, co-writer Roberto Orci wouldn't talk about release dates. "Who knows? It could still be whenever," Orci said. "I haven't heard any firm dates. It could be sooner or later."

continues:
            http://scifiwire.com/2009/11/8-big-s...for-star-t.php

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              He better direct it!
              My sentiments exactly!
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
                First Comment: Abrams SHOULD be the only person to direct XII.

Second Comment: Leave Khan Out!!! Seriously, I cannot get my point through enough on this. Why run the risk of screwing up a classic, by doing it again? This is a new universe, there is no reason Kirk would ever need to run into Khan.

If we need villans, we have Klingon's and Romulan's, unless they're feeling really brave, in which case they could always go with another race, Cardassian's, Tholian's, whoever, but no Khan, and no Augments.
                I agree with you don't mess with the best.

OH!
                I just bought and watched the DVD today
                WOW!
                Then I watched it again, with the commentary, FUN!
                Really enjoyed.
                Anyone else?

Comment

'Lost' star linked to Khan role in 'Trek'

Nestor Carbonell has been linked to the role of villain Khan in the forthcoming Star Trek sequel.

The actor, who stars in Trek director JJ Abrams's TV shows Lost and Fringe, is being eyed for the part of genetically engineered superhuman Khan Noonien Singh, according to website Coming Soon.

Khan, portrayed by Ricardo Montalban, first appeared in the 1967 Star Trek episode 'Space Seed'. The character later returned for feature film The Wrath Of Khan.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...e-in-trek.html

Comment

'Lost' star linked to Khan role in 'Trek'

Nestor Carbonell has been linked to the role of villain Khan in the forthcoming Star Trek sequel.

The actor, who stars in Trek director JJ Abrams's TV shows Lost and Fringe, is being eyed for the part of genetically engineered superhuman Khan Noonien Singh, according to website Coming Soon.

Khan, portrayed by Ricardo Montalban, first appeared in the 1967 Star Trek episode 'Space Seed'. The character later returned for feature film The Wrath Of Khan.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...e-in-trek.html
                    Interesting
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      Interesting
                      Very much so. Sure has been a lot of Khan talk as of late.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        Very much so. Sure has been a lot of Khan talk as of late.
                        I've noticed that.
                        sigpic

Comment

I really do hope all this Khan talk is just rumour. I'm sure the film would do well and all, but the main question is why can't they do something original? We've had Khan, we've been there, done that, bought the DVD (instead of the T-shirt). Why the heck should we go back and do it again, when there are so many other opportunities?
                          sigpic
                          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

I really do hope all this Khan talk is just rumour. I'm sure the film would do well and all, but the main question is why can't they do something original? We've had Khan, we've been there, done that, bought the DVD (instead of the T-shirt). Why the heck should we go back and do it again, when there are so many other opportunities?
                            True...but its parallel Universe...the Khan storyline could be interesting in the new ST universe.
                            sigpic

Comment

If they were to change the Khan storyline too much, it wouldn't be 'Khan' as we know him. The entire prospect of the Khan storyline would therefore be ruined.
                              sigpic
                              It's Probin' Time!

Comment

If they were to change the Khan storyline too much, it wouldn't be 'Khan' as we know him. The entire prospect of the Khan storyline would therefore be ruined.
                                Well...I didn't know the romulans were romulans until they said it in the movie. So, who knows how they'll change it up.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X