Star Trek X1 -Open Discussion for those who have seen the movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    Where?....... I have watched the movie twice to find R2-D2 but can't find him.
    He's seen for a second floating through the debris when the Enterprise drops into the big slaughter scene over Vulcan.

Comment

Originally posted by kaliel View Post
      He's seen for a second floating through the debris when the Enterprise drops into the big slaughter scene over Vulcan.
      I am definitely watching for that next time I watch the movie.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        I am definitely watching for that next time I watch the movie.
        He's there! I saw him...LOL
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
          Precisely
          That movie was so full of them.

probably, though Archer would have been quite old too.

Oh and I rented Star Trek last week. It was awesome seeing it on the forty two inch vizio. But I saw Aretoo!
          But I saw Aretoo
          Isn't that awesome?
          Originally posted by kaliel View Post
          You guys all read my mind! I saw that R2 was in the movie a couple of weeks ago and mentioned it to all of my family - who have copies of the movie while I don't dangit! - and they all think I'm nuts and it's just an urban legend. I saw him clearly in the still on Yahoo, but can't quite catch him while watching the movie. Is it right after Enterprise comes out of warp? My honor as a Trekie is at stake!
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
            You guys all read my mind! I saw that R2 was in the movie a couple of weeks ago and mentioned it to all of my family - who have copies of the movie while I don't dangit! - and they all think I'm nuts and it's just an urban legend. I saw him clearly in the still on Yahoo, but can't quite catch him while watching the movie. Is it right after Enterprise comes out of warp? My honor as a Trekie is at stake!
            I think its the scene where they first encounter the Nerada through the debris field. And they look at it on the screen, and then you can see him flashing by, I only got it as a great blur, but it was him

Comment

I think its the scene where they first encounter the Nerada through the debris field. And they look at it on the screen, and then you can see him flashing by, I only got it as a great blur, but it was him
              Thank you, Foley!
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Well I watched Star Trek again last night and tried to find R2D2 but I think I pretty much missed it again. How fast does he go by?

Can anyone do a screencap of the scene in question. it all goes by too fast for me to catch things obviously.
                Last edited by Coco Pops; 13 December 2009, 06:03 PM.
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I posted a screencap a couple pages back.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I really need to pop my DVD in and take a look myself. Maybe after football is over.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Mirela View Post
                      Does anyone else have the novelisation of the film? I do, and I finished it last night - very good it is too, with a lot of background info and a lot of stuff that wasn't in the film. It's got a sweet bit at the end where:

Spoiler:
                      Admiral Archer's dog (I've forgotten the name of it) materialises in the Enterprise's transporter bay.

In the novel do they tell how the ship got off the ground? I know it's a minor thing but I really wanna know if something that big can take off from a standing start....

And in this alternate universe does Starfleet build many big ships on Earth?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        In the novel do they tell how the ship got off the ground? I know it's a minor thing but I really wanna know if something that big can take off from a standing start....

And in this alternate universe does Starfleet build many big ships on Earth?
                        IDK how it got off the ground. In the old Trek timeline...ships were built in space...not on Earth.
                        sigpic

Comment

Maybe they used it's engines? Just a guess.
                          sigpic
                          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                            Maybe they used it's engines? Just a guess.
                            ROFL...well...I figured out that much. LOL It would've been nice to see though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              ROFL...well...I figured out that much. LOL It would've been nice to see though.

And I too know they would have used its engines, and honestly it wouldn't have cost them much more then the other SFX to have shown that..... Unless they useg tugs to lift it into orbit, but that I think would have looked silly.

Comment

No they had fifty people on the ground waving multi colored sticks around changing "Wingardium Leviosa"

Comment

Working...
                                X