STAR TREK images!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STAR TREK images!!

MTV got an exclusive first look at the new bridge from the U.S.S. Enterprise which looks so modern, so bright and on a much bigger scale than any ship in the series before. It feels almost like a large health and beauty store…

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...es-hit-web.php

Also more here:-
    http://trekweb.com/articles/2008/10/...det-Kirk.shtml

and here:-
    http://trekweb.com/articles/2008/10/...S-Kelvin.shtml

and here:-
    http://trekweb.com/articles/2008/10/...and-Nero.shtml

I'm excited for this movie. The new cast definitely fit the parts and from the picture of the Kelvin I'm confident the graphics and CGI are going to be amazing. One thing I'm extremely worried about is the way the bridge looks. It looks completely different from the original and where I understand this movie is to be a new separate but similar entity from the Star Trek we know, I feel the direction they took on the look of the bridge has strayed too far from the original look.
    I like the plot and from what it sounds like is this will be a new and original story that will attract old fans and bring in new viewers. I'm confident this movie will do great and I think J.J. has done an amazing job.
    Zachary Quinto was born to play Spock. Seeing him, he fits the role perfectly. All the other cast members fit the roles perfectly. And again, another thing I'm worried about is the fact that Chris Pine's Kirk will not be doning the famous Yellow Shirt. I will have to wait to see the movie to understand the meaning of that but until then I'll have to wait and see.
    I'm also nervous yet excited for the fact J.J. has included the classic red shirt death people. I think it might be a little too unnecessary but it could be a great homage to the Original Series. Again I'll have to wait and see. I'm curious about the one picture where
    Spoiler:
    Spock has Kirk in a grip around the neck.
    It should be interesting to see where they've taken the story. I look forward to Nero and how the Romulans play a role in this. Leonard Nimoy's part, I think, is going to be a great addition and I look forward to the scenes.
    The whole back story plot interests me and I think after this movie premieres, Star Trek will have been reborn. I can see many people talking about this movie all summer and beyond.
    There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

One word: BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm so geeked up. Can't wait to see the theatrical trailer!
      Have you ever remembered what life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.

Comment

THE UNIFORMS SUCK....BIG TIME !!

Why are they still brightly coloured, why are the women still wearing mini skirts. It looks like they’re taking the 60s look and making it a little less lame. How can that possibly be taken seriously in this day and age ?

Comment

Haha, people complained about Enterprise because it contradicted some stuff from the other series, and now you're complaining because the new movie stays true to TOS.

And the moral of the story? You can't please everyone (so why bother?)

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
          The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by ./freelancer View Post
            Haha, people complained about Enterprise because it contradicted some stuff from the other series, and now you're complaining because the new movie stays true to TOS.

And the moral of the story? You can't please everyone (so why bother?)
            Yes but Enterprise was supposed to be part of the star trek canon, this movie obviously isn't. Its a re-image like battlestar, you know like making things from the 60s and 70s shows and not making them look totally lame. There's a difference here. The unifroms look..stupid!.....mini skirts ??

Comment

Originally posted by Apep View Post
              THE UNIFORMS SUCK....BIG TIME !!

Why are they still brightly coloured, why are the women still wearing mini skirts. It looks like they’re taking the 60s look and making it a little less lame. How can that possibly be taken seriously in this day and age ?
              Actually, it was mentioned that prior to these photos that the uniforms will retain the look of TOS but the colors will be dull and shady. The reason why the uniforms looked so colorful for the tv show was for the sake of technicolor, but if you compare TOS uniforms from the tv show and Abrams's Star Trek film, you can see that the color of the uniforms in the latter are much more duller.

See the following attachments to compare:
              Attached Files
              Have you ever remembered what life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitestar View Post
                The reason why the uniforms looked so colorful for the tv show was for the sake of technicolor, but if you compare TOS uniforms from the tv show and Abrams's Star Trek film, you can see that the color of the uniforms in the latter are much more duller.
                Yes i know why they used color in TOS, but that was the 60s and this is now. Yes the uniforms are a little duller just like the superman suit looked a little duller and it still looked stupid. Think about this for a second, this are supposed to be people exploring the galaxy in the 23rd century and this is what they're wearing ? Sci-fi creators might have gotten away with that in the 60s and 70s but not now. There's a reason why movies like Batman and X-men are successful, do you think fans would have liked it if wolverine was running around in a yellow suit that was a little duller ? Or in dark knight if batman was wearing grey fabric with his underwear on the outside.

The problem of "retaining the original look" is that you're at risk of making it look stupid, fortunately this works with some things like ironman. But this is not the case with wolverine, batman or Star Trek TOS.

Comment

Anyone else smell a Troll???

If you dont like and arent interested then dont watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus 1 View Post
                    I'm excited for this movie. The new cast definitely fit the parts and from the picture of the Kelvin I'm confident the graphics and CGI are going to be amazing. One thing I'm extremely worried about is the way the bridge looks. It looks completely different from the original and where I understand this movie is to be a new separate but similar entity from the Star Trek we know, I feel the direction they took on the look of the bridge has strayed too far from the original look.
                    I like the plot and from what it sounds like is this will be a new and original story that will attract old fans and bring in new viewers. I'm confident this movie will do great and I think J.J. has done an amazing job.
                    Zachary Quinto was born to play Spock. Seeing him, he fits the role perfectly. All the other cast members fit the roles perfectly. And again, another thing I'm worried about is the fact that Chris Pine's Kirk will not be doning the famous Yellow Shirt. I will have to wait to see the movie to understand the meaning of that but until then I'll have to wait and see.
                    I'm also nervous yet excited for the fact J.J. has included the classic red shirt death people. I think it might be a little too unnecessary but it could be a great homage to the Original Series. Again I'll have to wait and see. I'm curious about the one picture where
                    Spoiler:
                    Spock has Kirk in a grip around the neck.
                    It should be interesting to see where they've taken the story. I look forward to Nero and how the Romulans play a role in this. Leonard Nimoy's part, I think, is going to be a great addition and I look forward to the scenes.
                    The whole back story plot interests me and I think after this movie premieres, Star Trek will have been reborn. I can see many people talking about this movie all summer and beyond.
                    i've been waiting for this movie now for about 5 months. I've anticipated it and evan i am not ready to see the new crew of the USS Enterprise.. i like most of the actors that are playing the original but i still got a thing for the old actors who played in the show.. It just doens't seem right have a movie about the original show and not having the best character in it.THE ORIGINAL SPOCK(Lenord NeMoy) but on the all i can't wait to see this movie.. the bridge looks really cool
                    sigpic

ATLANTIS RULES

Comment

Originally posted by jmw326 View Post
                      Anyone else smell a Troll???

If you dont like and arent interested then dont watch it.
                      Anyone smell someone that can’t handle opposing view points, forums a riddled with them. Apparently we all have to be sheep agree with one another.

Comment

Working...
                      X