Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the best/your favorite Trek Doctor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
    Thanks, Mods!

My vote goes to: Dr Leonard "He's dead, Jim." McCoy.

I'm with you on McCoy. My favorite was always, "I'm a doctor, not a (fill in the blank)".

Actually the only doctor I didn't particularly like was Pulaski. Especially since she kept referring to poor Data as "it". Grrrrr! His feelings weren't hurt, but mine were. LOL.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BeckettRulez View Post
      Oh come on, Polaski? Well, if you insist;-) See, I changed it.
      Yes, I insist, because she was there for a full season. Thanks!

It's a tie between Crusher and Phlox, but I voted for Crusher. Of all the doctors, she seemed the most real to me.

Comment

Wow, this was tough.

I like all of the doctors except for Polaski and I am not sure why because I like the actress alot!

I went for McCoy but I really loved Beverly and Phlox. I didn't like Julian in the begining but really liked him as his character grew. It also took me awhile to warm up to the doctor in Voyager.
        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Just and FYI to folks. An original thread was found so it was merged into this one. The poll still stands
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

My Favourites:

DS9: Julian Bashir
            ENT: Phlox
            VOY: The Doctor
            TNG: Beverly Crusher (Seasons 1, 3-7)
            TOS: Leonard "Bones" McCoy
            TNG: Beverly Crusher (Seasons 1, 3-7)

However, out of all of them, i think Phlox is the best doc. Uses all his little tricks and creatures, where else the others rely to heavily on fancy technology in the future.
            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Phlox's medical bay was easily the best. I loved all his little creatures. His practise of medicine was easily the most fun to watch simpley because it wasn't a reliance on the technology.

Really tough choice deciding between him and The Doctor.

Comment

1. McCoy
                2. Doc (EMH)
                3. Bashir
                4. Phlox
                5. Crusher
                6. Pulaski

Comment

Well its a tye really between The Doc (voyager) and Crusher (TNG) but in the end i chose The Doc
                  sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
                    However, out of all of them, i think Phlox is the best doc. Uses all his little tricks and creatures, where else the others rely to heavily on fancy technology in the future.
                    Fair enough. I also liked Phlox's style, but I'd give old "Bones" McCoy his dues; he also wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty. He cured that Lava creature with some good old fashioned bricklaying techniques.
                    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                      Fair enough. I also liked Phlox's style, but I'd give old "Bones" McCoy his dues; he also wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty. He cured that Lava creature with some good old fashioned bricklaying techniques.
                      Now that was one of the best Doctor moments in Star Trek.

'I'm a Doctor, not a bricklayer!"

Edit: though actually, if we compare the way Phlox and McCoy treat Tribbles, McCoy wins easily. When Phlox feeds that Tribble to that squeaky creature thing.....*sniff*

Comment

ah! Between Bones, Bashir and the Doctor... whos better?

Bones - just plain awesome
                        Bashir - genetically enhanced and gorgeous
                        The Doctor - can sing OPERAS

...this one just might keep me up all night
                        Yay for Canadian Geeks!
                        PM me if you wanna chat!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                          Well its a tye really between The Doc (voyager) and Crusher (TNG) but in the end i chose The Doc
                          For me it's a tie between the EMH and Bones.

I mean...Bones is, well, BONES! He's the reason I loved the original series...him, Kirk and Spock and their magical chemistry.

But the EMH? He perfected the sardonic doc persona to a science.

"I'm a doctor, not a battery."

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I stood up at the beginning of one of the most recent Star Trek movies (First Contact, I think) and announced,

"Hi, my name is Brenda and I am a Star Trek fan. My favorite characters are McCoy, Crusher and that dreamy Bashir. However, no hologram is going to operate on me." I sat back down, and everybody applauded.

...but I love Robert Picardo. And Phlox.
                            "That's what you get for dicking around"--Col. Jack O'Neill

Comment

Phlox is the best!

Comment

While DS9 is my favorite series, I think the Holo-doc from Voyager is the best doctor simply because he is the most interesting IMO.

All the other doctors are normal living flesh-and-blood beings, where as the Doctor is something different, unique.

And of all the doctors in trek, his character underwent the most growth during his series run.

We watched him evolve from a medical tool to a full fledged sentient being.

Comment

Working...
                                X