The Star Trek: XI Speculation/Rumors/Ideas/spoilers/News Thread SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't blink! We unearth a few Star Trek easter eggs

J.J. Abrams, the director of Star Trek, is well known for burying easter eggs in his various productions. (Anyone remember the "Hanso Foundation" credit at the end of Mission: Impossible III?) His upcoming reboot of the sci-fi franchise is no exception.

Our first viewing of the film last week revealed a few Trek easter eggs and a few more Abrams-universe ones, which we've tried to catalog (with help from TrekMovie.com and Slashfilm, who noticed them first). Once you see the movie, please post yours! Star Trek opens May 8. (Spoilers ahead!)

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/dont-bl...nearth-a-f.php

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
      Star Trek's J.J. Abrams on why Bana and Greenwood are key

Star Trek director J.J. Abrams told SCI FI Wire that Bruce Greenwood and Eric Bana are "massively important" and expressed his pleasure at having Majel Barrett Roddenberry's participation in the film before her passing. (Spoilers ahead!)

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/star-tr...rams-on-wh.php
      I have always enjoyed Bruce Greenwood and Eric Bana as actors. I really look forward to their performances in this film.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

A lot of the early reviews for the movie have been very positive... can't wait to see it now!
        sigpic
        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
          A lot of the early reviews for the movie have been very positive... can't wait to see it now!
          Yeah, I have read and heard the same thing.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Pegg: 'Trek everything Star Wars wasn't'

Simon Pegg has said that the upcoming Star Trek prequel is everything that Star Wars: The Phantom Menace should have been.

The actor, who plays a young Scotty in the film, told the UK press conference for the movie that he was a "self-confessed fan" of the series before he became part of the Star Trek universe.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...ars-wasnt.html

Comment

Abrams 'walked tightrope' for 'Trek' fans

J.J. Abrams has revealed that he strived to make a Star Trek movie to please fans of the original series and audiences unfamiliar with the science fiction franchise.

Speaking at the UK press conference to promote the movie, the director said that he doesn't see Star Trek as being a "sacred text".

"The risk there obviously was alienating fans of Star Trek," he said. "I didn't want to do that but I also felt that if we did follow-up on our job and made a movie that was entertaining, that would include Star Trek fans."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...trek-fans.html

Comment

Abrams: 'We have no outline for a sequel'

J.J. Abrams has admitted that he does not yet have a script or outline for any possible sequel to Star Trek.

The director of the movie suggested at its UK press conference that a follow-up would be likely if the film is a success.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...-a-sequel.html

Comment

I have a feeling this movie should do pretty well. So, I think another one will be in the works.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

looking forward to this movie and i can happily say i haven't seen one trailer yet

going for complete surprise

Comment

Originally posted by Ishay View Post
                      looking forward to this movie and i can happily say i haven't seen one trailer yet

I watched the trailers just so I could see what the type was about, otherwise I'd be "**** Abrams and his unofficial Star Trek movie, douche didn't even like Star Trek" rather the way I look at it now; "Wow, this looks really good. I'm not counting it as canon, but I'm definitely interested in seeing this"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                        . I'm not counting it as canon, but I'm definitely interested in seeing this"
                        same here but i still want to see it

Comment

Wow, you haven't even seen a trailer? Good for you, but that has to have been hard.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Wow, you haven't even seen a trailer? Good for you, but that has to have been hard.
                            not one bit. i'm a very patient person

Comment

not one bit. i'm a very patient person
                              Watching TV, you probably have to change the channel all the time.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                Watching TV, you probably have to change the channel all the time.
                                the closest i've come to seeing the trailer is the opening when you hear kirks voice then i change the channle or mute it

Comment

Working...
                                X