s
    s
    s
    s
    s
    s
    s
    Originally posted by SGSlugger
    My guess is that they want her as a hostage, threatening to kill her if they attack the weapon. Also probably to gather intelligence about what Earth has been doing in response besides sending Enterprise out to try and destroy the weapon.
    I've heard that it's to break the code. If you think about the way Archer (and the show) is working this season, they wouldn't potentially sacrifice Earth for even all the people on the ship.

The needs of the many...

Either way, I'm glad they're giving her something to do. Now for Mayweather.

Comment

I never was good at names. I knew he was directing one of them. I've really liked the last few episodes a lot & I believe the other directors were Levar Burton (who also did Similtude which is probably still my favorite this season) and Roxann Dawson. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        From what I saw of Hoshi in the preview, I have to say that my first thought was that it was a variant of Anubis's mind probe.

Just a thought...

It would be terrific for the Hoshi character if they end the season with her all messed up, and get to carry a "deprogramming" arc into next year. That would be great for her character.

Comment

I think it would be swell to end the season (maybe not dead-end but near-end) with Archer reporting the bad news to Degra's wife and daughters. Their relationship has been a spearhead this year. I really don't think the writers will drop him like a bag of dirt.

Degra's been my favorite since seeing Seven and the Doctor sing together (VOY). Not since have I hung on every scene, every word, that someone was in.

Comment

[QUOTE=David]I think it would be swell to end the season (maybe not dead-end but near-end) with Archer reporting the bad news to Degra's wife and daughters. Their relationship has been a spearhead this year. I really don't think the writers will drop him like a bag of dirt.
            QUOTE]

Perhaps he will offer them a ride back to Earth? I surely wouldn't want to stick around after my husband had betrayed his people (to a point).

My guess is that Season 4 will deal with them having to get out of the Exspanse.
            Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
            Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
            Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
            Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
            Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
            Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
            Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Hmm, I'm not sure about that one.

THE COUNCIL SPOILERS
              With the weapon deployed into a Xindi vortex Enterprise will have to travel via one to catch up to it. Something tells me they may well ride a vortex alongside the weapon, probably out of the expanse on a course for earth.

Comment

I'm getting a little confused about these votrexes.

Are they natural or do the Xindi have some type of engine that produces them? I thought I heard both on an episode, but I may be mistaken.

Spoilers....

Would Enterpise be able to hold up to a vortex for that long? I know that it was configured by the future/past Enterprise, but that was for that short one. From the previews it looks like the fight happens in normal space.
                Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.

Comment

I watched preview with a lot of red, atmospheric stuff. I imagine that at some point the battle must continue the inside of a vortex. Which would be cool. But I may be wrong.

The Xindi vortices, while either built or naturally occuring, are not generated by a Xindi engine. Enterprise went through one in E2 and they didn't have any kind of Xindi propulsion.

It's also worthy of note that, in Twilight, Enterprise must've traveled through a vortex to keep up with the Weapon moments before it successfully annihilated Earth.

Comment

A battle inside one would be very cool. I might be wrong as well. So, would the vortex be similar to a quantum slipstream? When they first explained it a while ago, it sounded similar to me.

Comment

Well, let's do the math. 30 seconds in the Xindi vortex equals roughly 11 light years in normal space. Roughly one hour in a quantum slipstream (Hope and Fear- VOY) equals over ten thousand light years. If you traveled for the same length of time within a Xindi vortex, provided one lasted that long, you would travel about one-thousand three hundred and twenty light years (1,320), an estimated 13 percent of the distance against a slipstream.

Comment

There is some new info that suggest Enterprise will be back for season4 ,Travis and Trip actors have been sceduled to return to the set.
                        The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

THE COUNCIL SPOILERS
                          I read that Archer goes on a Xindi ship to chase after the weapon and that Enterprise stays in the expanse to do something to the spheres.

Comment

Here's information on COUNTDOWN.
                            http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...sode/4844.html

Comment

Originally posted by David
                              Well, let's do the math. 30 seconds in the Xindi vortex equals roughly 11 light years in normal space. Roughly one hour in a quantum slipstream (Hope and Fear- VOY) equals over ten thousand light years. If you traveled for the same length of time within a Xindi vortex, provided one lasted that long, you would travel about one-thousand three hundred and twenty light years (1,320), an estimated 13 percent of the distance against a slipstream.
                              Hadn't really thought about it that much. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bast
                                There is some new info that suggest Enterprise will be back for season4 ,Travis and Trip actors have been sceduled to return to the set.

According to Variety it's been renewed, but will probably move to Fridays. As long as it's not at 9:00!!!!!
                                We'll find out tomorrow when UPN is supposed to officially announce their schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X