No announcement yet.

Enterprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In some places, SG1/Atlantis (i'm not sure which show will go against Enterprise) airs on a different time then Enterprise since time zones. All my broadcast networks airs an hour before usual time (but we are the late ones, i'm in the Central/Western area), and Sci-fi for me is also different, so i don't think this will be a problem, unless my description of time zones is wrong, and blah, i just wasted typing this post, i forgot what i was typing...
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

[QUOTE=SGSlugger].

Honestly, that was a pretty dumb decision. I'd bet money that more people will tune into SG-1 and Atlantis and Enterprise. QUOTE]

What I'm afraid of is that with the move to Friday at the same time as SG-1 the viewing audience will split resulting in lower ratings for both shows if the PTB at UPN and SciFi look only at the first showing numbers. I don't know how much influence the combined showings carry, i.e. Wednesday night and Sunday night for Enterprise and 9:00pm and 11:00pm Friday for SG-1.

The move to Friday is VERY dumb. I'm always left wondering what goes on in tv executive's minds when these types of decisions are made.
      Slainte
      "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Originally posted by Slainte
        Spoilers for Enterprise season finale:

Well, the time travel/alternate universe ending has me hooked. The new season looks very promising since I love those types of stories. My first question is whether Archer is in the same reality/time as the rest of Enterprise. The next question is how will try to explain what happened.
        I would assume they're in the same time-line since Nazi's and American WWII type fighters can't be a coincidence, but maybe the writers'll pull out something crazy and suprise me.

Phil
        Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
        Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

UPN exec's are not trying to save Enterprise long-term, most likely.

But the good news is that most weeks, Enterprise and SG-1 won't air new episodes at the same time. One will be in reruns when the other airs new stuff, and vice versa. Only in January-early March will we see some cross-over of new eps. So I don't expect it will do anything terrible to either show's ratings, most weeks.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Everywhere I go I always here alot of bashing about Enterprise however I myself think it (tieing though with DS9) was one of the best series of the lot even though it wasn't yet tied in with the original people didn't even give it a chance and yet in the Star Wars prequel trilogy it didn't start going along with the original story line until about Episode III.

Enterprise, IMO, had a sense of realism to it and with it being set in the not so distant future had a lot more action and it had more humour with the story lines, and less we forget, story lines don't necesseraly need to tie in with the original as it could be set in an alternate timeline and still be about Star Trek, take the book series for example as a lot of what happens in the books and comics doesn't even get mentioned in any one of the series.

Season 3 and the first half of season 4 had some good story arcs and I don't see why people had to give it such a negative response.

Next time, if a new series comes along please give it a chance.

Comment

I wouldn't go as far as to say it was as good as Deep Space Nine, but at the same time it wasn't nearly as bad as some people would have us believe. The characters were less heroic and had their flaws, yes, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. What bothered me more were all the canon violations. If, however, there ever is another Star Trek series (hopefully without Berman's involvement), I hope the fandom won't decide to hate it before it even started.

Comment

Just so you know, you're going to get flamed for this in the morning.
                The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

LOLOL...I'm not gonna flame anyone for liking Enterprise!, I personally think it was'nt as good as all the other ST series but it was'nt all that bad. It did have some great episodes that stand out. I truly enjoyed the whole Xindi/Expansion Alien story arc.

I think most of us hardcore Star Trek fans gave Enterprise a chance and watched all the episodes despite it being a disappointment. I will still collect all the episodes and seasons on DVD and re-watch them all over again.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                  Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by waykins
                    one of the best series of the lot
                    ROFLMAO
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

I will not criticize someone for liking Enterprise even if that is in bad taste. J/K of course. I have to admit there were a few good eps but not that many sadly. IMO the show overall tanked for good reason, not much could be done to save it when TPTB FUBAR'd the history of Trek.
                      All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                      Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                        ROFLMAO
                        Sorry I'm not into the computer slang terms yet, could you please give me a translation, and why, why, why would anyone be flamed for liking Enterprise, so I guess you'll be flaming all the die-hard Trek fans who actually like the series

PS. That question was not for you Qasim but for helio9.

Comment

This is a funny thread Made me smile.

It takes bravery to be different.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

so what would constitute getting flamed?

Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
                              so what would constitute getting flamed?
                              LOL, you're asking me? I just started this thread for a simple discussion.

Comment

Would liking VOY warrant getting flamed?

Pay it forward

Comment

Working...
                                X