Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Robert Hewitt Wolfe just tweeted out photos of his map of Bajor, from the DS9 writers' room back in the day.

    https://twitter.com/writergeekrhw/st...143611392?s=20
    Plus some closeups:
    https://twitter.com/writergeekrhw/st...785310209?s=20

    And some Dominion War details written on the board by Bradley Thompson & David Weddle:
    https://twitter.com/writergeekrhw/st...646716416?s=20
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

    Comment


      Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Plus some closeups:
      https://twitter.com/writergeekrhw/st...785310209?s=20

      And some Dominion War details written on the board by Bradley Thompson & David Weddle:
      https://twitter.com/writergeekrhw/st...646716416?s=20
      Timeline notes for Bajor, by Thompson & Weddle:
      https://twitter.com/writergeekrhw/st...770856960?s=20

      Wolfe posting some online maps that he thinks are probably based on sketches from the DS9 Companion:
      https://twitter.com/writergeekrhw/st...682415617?s=20
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

      Comment


        Avery Brooks Has Seen 'What We Left Behind'

        Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

        Comment


          From Star Trek Las Vegas Con:
          #stlv @MikeOkuda is “still hopeful” for DS9 and Voyager Blue Rays. Says there is interest at CBS. But, it’s a much more difficult process than you might imagine!
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

          Comment


            Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Recreating CGI scenes when you have no access to the original data or models and only have footage that were rendered in the wrong aspect ratio for modern televisions? ...I dunno that sounds pretty difficult to me.
            But I'm glad they're thinking about it.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

            Comment


              I saw this some time ago on Star Trek's website and forgot to post it here.

              8 Stand Out Moments From 'Deep Space Nine'

              Do you agree with the list? Is there anything you would add?

              Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

              Comment


                Just a quick question about What We Left Behind: Looking Back at Star Trek Deep Space Nine, before I end up getting it on Barnes & Noble: Is the physical media still being made because Amazon is not one of the sellers and Wal-Mart is out of stock on the DVD?

                Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

                Comment


                  Does anyone know if there are DVDs still being made for What We Left Behind: Looking Back at Star Trek Deep Space Nine, or is it a case of what's already out there is all that's out there?

                  Edit: I happened to see a tweet that says they are working on an extended release DS9 documentary. Can anyone confirm this?

                  I don't have this yet and I'm trying to figure out if I should wait or check sellers on Amazon.
                  Last edited by planet_tv; December 8, 2020, 04:13 PM. Reason: added another question about the DS9 documentary.

                  Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                    Does anyone know if there are DVDs still being made for What We Left Behind: Looking Back at Star Trek Deep Space Nine, or is it a case of what's already out there is all that's out there?

                    Edit: I happened to see a tweet that says they are working on an extended release DS9 documentary. Can anyone confirm this?

                    I don't have this yet and I'm trying to figure out if I should wait or check sellers on Amazon.
                    https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...d+ds9&_sacat=0
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                      Does anyone know if there are DVDs still being made for What We Left Behind: Looking Back at Star Trek Deep Space Nine, or is it a case of what's already out there is all that's out there?

                      Edit: I happened to see a tweet that says they are working on an extended release DS9 documentary. Can anyone confirm this?

                      I don't have this yet and I'm trying to figure out if I should wait or check sellers on Amazon.
                      pretty sure you can also buy the whole series on VUDU but not sure if that digital streaming version has all the special features

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                        pretty sure you can also buy the whole series on VUDU but not sure if that digital streaming version has all the special features

                        Thanks for the reply. I have the whole series on DVD. I was just asking about the 25th anniversary documentary on DVD.

                        Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                          Thanks for the reply. I have the whole series on DVD. I was just asking about the 25th anniversary documentary on DVD.
                          ah I see....I would suggest ripping those DVD's to a nice big hard drive ASAP before they start going bad though

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                            ah I see....I would suggest ripping those DVD's to a nice big hard drive ASAP before they start going bad though
                            Thanks for the suggestion.

                            Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

                            Comment


                              Make more than one copy, external HDD have a habit of dying every so often as well. You too MG.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                                Make more than one copy, external HDD have a habit of dying every so often as well. You too MG.
                                That's why I run periodic scans for file system and disk surface errors on it....will save up for a large capacity external SSD though....although this external HDD I have now is mostly for archiving said DVD rips so will probably not see a whole lot of activity like it would if it were my main boot volume

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X