Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
    Indeed they were.

I know the main reason Winn Adami eventually turned her back on Bajor was that the she felt slided by the Prophets because they never would talk to her directly or answer her requests (very bitter lady) - Did the Prophets see the future where she turned against them and help the Pai-Wraiths?. Maybe that's why they did ignore her.
    In a lot of ways Kai Winn could be a personfication. As I say this I faithly follow a religion but she represents the evil the religion. The leaders who are their for their evil and personal gain and using the beliefs to justify themselves. Looks at the Catholic church during the Middle Ages. Or look at some of the radical Muslim groups. Can't we all say this is a somewhat accurate representation of Kai Winn. The best part how cold she is. We know she is evil but the way Louis Fletcher portrays her makes you almost feel sorry for Winn
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Indeed they were.

I know the main reason Winn Adami eventually turned her back on Bajor was that the she felt slided by the Prophets because they never would talk to her directly or answer her requests (very bitter lady) - Did the Prophets see the future where she turned against them and help the Pai-Wraiths?. Maybe that's why they did ignore her.
      she was "linear" and they were not...which always led me to feel they saw time as meaningless...

Comment

Indeed they were.

She was self serving.
        She wanted to decided what she desevered even if the choice was not hers.
        ...self entitled.

There are....real...people like that.

Comment

I actually was bummed they killed off Ziyal, and I felt sorry for DuKat.
          I felt sorry for Garak. He was so looking forward to seeing her again.

Though I think the fact that he could work with Damar later and Damar able to work with Kira showed the differences between the three Cardassians.

Dukat was all about him self.
          Damar and Garak in their own ways were about service to state and family, as an exile Garak leaned slightly more towards family and Damar slightly more towards the state.
          sigpic

Comment

Even though I haven't completed the series yet, and I likely wont for a long time, I love the deeply rich conversations between everyone.

Having seen all the other treks besides this, I can say no other series got as good of dialog written for the characters, or character development.

When I'm watching an episode of DS9 I compare it to my favorite trek Voyager.soon becoming my second favorite

Generally, Every episode of Voyager just had a central focus of getting from A to B in terms of the plot, they didn't really have long talks about the plans, or how the characters felt, etc. It was just "we're doing this, skip everything else, and jump right into it."

I guess i really didn't know what I was missing, or what it should have been like, until I started watching DS9.

The characters just feel so much more fleshed out. One of the main things I love about DS9 is that they take there time in addressing issues that come up.

When I started to see the characters begin to interact with each other, I was amazed at how much time we got to focus on that them. Some of the conversations lasted well into 6 minutes, stuff that they didn't do on Voyager.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
              Even though I haven't completed the series yet, and I likely wont for a long time, I love the deeply rich conversations between everyone.

Having seen all the other treks besides this, I can say no other series got as good of dialog written for the characters, or character development.

When I'm watching an episode of DS9 I compare it to my favorite trek Voyager.soon becoming my second favorite

Generally, Every episode of Voyager just had a central focus of getting from A to B in terms of the plot, they didn't really have long talks about the plans, or how the characters felt, etc. It was just "we're doing this, skip everything else, and jump right into it."

I guess i really didn't know what I was missing, or what it should have been like, until I started watching DS9.

The characters just feel so much more fleshed out. One of the main things I love about DS9 is that they take there time in addressing issues that come up.

When I started to see the characters begin to interact with each other, I was amazed at how much time we got to focus on that them. Some of the conversations lasted well into 6 minutes, stuff that they didn't do on Voyager.
              another convert!!! the DS9 superior thread rules!

I will agree with you totally, the richness of the characters on ds9 was one of the reasons I loved the show. (that and the bajoran poltics )

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                another convert!!! the DS9 superior thread rules!

I will agree with you totally, the richness of the characters on ds9 was one of the reasons I loved the show. (that and the bajoran poltics )
                Ah politics... I'll admit I'm not very thrilled to see the bajoran central episodes.

maybe It'll grow on me in time.

Comment

Ah politics... I'll admit I'm not very thrilled to see the bajoran central episodes.

maybe It'll grow on me in time.
                  it will, I am sure.

as for DuKat....he is a classic sociopath.... pure evil!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                    it will, I am sure.

as for DuKat....he is a classic sociopath.... pure evil!
                    From what I've seen so far, he seems like an "ok" guy. I haven't seen him do anything to evil, and I think he has somewhat good relations with Kira. They seemed to get along well in a few episodes, even smile at each other before it ended.

Don't spoiler me to much please, but i'm assuming he changes over season 4-7... towards a more evil path?

Comment

I love it. That is so awesome to hear brother Alan. Stick with us my friend, we have been keeping it going strong for years.
                      Originally posted by Alan Wake
                      I couldnt agree more. The core group of main characters were all fantastic (some more than others), but one of DS9's big strength are all the great minor/part-time characters (Martok, Damar, Kai Winn, Weyoun, Female Changeling just to name a few) that made occasional appearences.
                      LOL. I love VOY!. No hating on Janeway and Co. from muah - But DS9 is IMHO on another level of great.

Word! - I'm glad you found your way to this thread so we could set you straight. I envy anyone who hasn't yet seen every episode of DS9. I have re-watched the entire series more times than I would ever admit, and I still happily re-watch episodes regulary.
                      Last edited by the Fifth Race; 17 September 2009, 06:36 PM.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I always thought Kai Winn and the Female Changeling were more evil then Dukat. Just how cold they would say somthing without any feeling of remorse. As evil Dukat was he showed some remorse (even though according to him it wasn't his fault) towards his actions
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Don't spoiler me to much please, but i'm assuming he changes over season 4-7... towards a more evil path?
                          DuKat is one of the most wonderfully diabolical characters you will ever watch from any scifi show - He displays a level of arrogance/megalomania that is epic, yet he can also be subtle and caring at times. The way his character plays out over the entire seven seasons is sometimes hard to watch (there is a level of evil), but mostly he is quite entertaining (you gotta love those Cardassians ) - DuKat in a word is unique.
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Dukat deserved a movie death.
                            The DS9 season Finale should have never have happened.
                            It should have been concluded in an epic DS9 Movie War between the Federation and Dominion and the Pah-wraiths and Prophets...Sisko....and Dukat.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
                              Dukat deserved a movie death.
                              The DS9 season Finale should have never have happened.
                              It should have been concluded in an epic DS9 Movie War between the Federation and Dominion and the Pah-wraiths and Prophets...Sisko....and Dukat.
                              Don't forget Odo and Quark... the epic battle can only end with them

Comment

Don't forget Odo and Quark... the epic battle can only end with them
                                Hopefully Odo finally airlocking Quark. Its been my DS9 dream
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X