• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    I plead the fifth
    You rang?
    Um please disregard my previous statement
    I also have plenty of disdain for Rodney, although I must admit I miss the guy and Atlantis for that matter.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by USS Defiant View Post
      I was never a big fan of the whole Bajoran politics angle from the early seasons. But that eventually fades when you get in to the later seasons where the Dominion War takes center stage. That being said, the way the writers were able to create this incredibly detailed society and culture that we had basically only heard very little about until DS9 came around, was very impressive.
      Indeed it was brother USS Defiant. You have heard me say many times over the years that by season 4 it almost felt like Bajor was real place - They gave it very detailed back-story that has so many layers that you discover new stuff each time re-watch DS9. Got to love the details.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Yes. It happens all the time. Police look the other way on petty criminals if it means catching the serious ones.
        yep...it's often a deal...get the little guy to talk about the big guy ...then move up "the food chain".

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
          You rang?
          Very funny

I also have plenty of disdain for Rodney, although I must admit I miss the guy and Atlantis for that matter.
          If I never see Rodney again it'll be too soon
          sigpic

Comment

Very funny

ditto.... which is why I am abivilant about the idea of the sga movie. just kill mckay off in the first scene, off screen and I'll be happy!

Comment

Very funny

They say opposites attract. So if McKay repels Lady Rac and Linda then they must both be whinny arrogant women
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

They say opposites attract. So if McKay repels Lady Rac and Linda then they must both be whinny arrogant women
                Nope not me. I'm rather funny and witty but once a month I can get very cranky
                sigpic

Comment

How is life on the (de)Nile Linda you McKay clone?
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

ditto here...hell on wheels describes me at times

But I don't have big ears nor do I want them
                    Last edited by Rac80; 18 September 2009, 01:15 PM.

Comment

watched an ep of the tv series Cold Case recently and heard a voice I couldn't place. It was a drunk/abusive stepfather whose face didn't look right for his voice... the incomparable Jeffery Combs (weyoun)-- did an excellent job as a creep.

Comment

Alder pops in and waves...

I'm still around and reading the thread, but I overdosed on DS9 (started from the beginning again) and am giving it a rest for a while! Still haven't finished Enterprise season 4 either...

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post

But I don't have big ears nor do I want them
                          Me too
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Anyone ever thinks that Odo takes it to far with being in charge of security?

Seems like sometimes, he oversteps his place with spying on people.

I know it's his job, but what are his limits on what he can do?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                              Anyone ever thinks that Odo takes it to far with being in charge of security?

Seems like sometimes, he oversteps his place with spying on people.

I know it's his job, but what are his limits on what he can do?
                              That was constant issue on DS9. On how Odo doesn't always do thing by the book or the "Star Fleet" way.

As for oversteping boundaries in spying no way. Police officers spy on people all the time if their is probable cause. Odo made sure their was just evidence when spying
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

That was constant issue on DS9. On how Odo doesn't always do thing by the book or the "Star Fleet" way.

As for oversteping boundaries in spying no way. Police officers spy on people all the time if their is probable cause. Odo made sure their was just evidence when spying
                                I guess so, it just seems like he has crossed/stepped on the line where his boundaries should be though.

Sometimes I don't think Odo uses a "probable cause" approach though, and he just spies on people he feels/thinks are doing something they shouldn't be.

Comment

Working...
                                X