Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
    Do you bake cookies for the winners?
    LOL, no but I do just about everything else. We have what we call the Top Dawg awards (which go to the top 3 or 4 scores) - then we have the honorable mentions (which usually go to 3 or 4 people from the second tier of high scores) - and of course the famous "Wooden Spoon" award.

Trust me brother Alan, these quizzes are all about fun and learning kewl Trek facts along the way. I could care less about the competition part, I leave that for the ringers (and there quite a few Trek ringers amongst our brethren).

I don't down-grade for bad spelling, and if your answer is only half right but it looks like you were headed in the right direction I will award you a half or full point.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
      In season 5 there were very few Teyla scenes at all
      Tell me about it

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Its really easy Linda. Look at the practice quiz I posted for what his rules are. As for posting quiz answers go like this

Example
      Spoiler:
      1. C
      2. D
      3.A.
      etc.
      You do know who you're talking to, right?

But seriously, it does look easy, even for me
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
        Good to see you davis, how are things? the thread is hopping as you can see and we get a new quiz next week!!! Fifth missed us so much he even logged on when he was out of town on business!
        I've been ok, gonna be flying back to Canada on Sunday so I'll be missing the quiz. I'll try and get on when I'm up there.

Comment

I'll unfortunately miss the quiz as well because I'm going on vacation in a couple days.

Also, I just watched the 'first' SGU trailer from Comic-Con... I'm a bit more excited now.
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
            LOL, no but I do just about everything else. We have what we call the Top Dawg awards (which go to the top 3 or 4 scores) - then we have the honorable mentions (which usually go to 3 or 4 people from the second tier of high scores) - and of course the famous "Wooden Spoon" award.

Trust me brother Alan, these quizzes are all about fun and learning kewl Trek facts along the way. I could care less about the competition part, I leave that for the ringers (and there quite a few Trek ringers amongst our brethren).

I don't down-grade for bad spelling, and if your answer is only half right but it looks like you were headed in the right direction I will award you a half or full point.
            Gosh... why couldn't you be my teacher in school

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
              I'll unfortunately miss the quiz as well because I'm going on vacation in a couple days.
              Awww bummer, If you would have told me last week I would have put it off for another week - You can always bring a laptop - I would rather go on vacation than almost anything else.
              Originally posted by Descent
              Also, I just watched the 'first' SGU trailer from Comic-Con... I'm a bit more excited now.
              It is pretty darn kewl. My optimism meter went up a couple notches.
              LOL, I make way to much money running my family seafood business to teach professionally. Although I do train and teach nutrition to a handful of clients each month at my local 24hr Fitness and Gold's Gym - I get a wonderful feeling of satisfaction that I'm sure most teachers get from passing on knowledge.
              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Seems like the vote is just about everyone for DS9 having the best character development and relationships.

From what I have seen it seems like the cast is more "into" it with everyone else. TNG just had the core cast and that was pretty much it. Extras just for filling in the background. I'm glad to see this show gave more development to the out cast characters, and the ones on the side lines.

Well I wouldn't say they're the best Trek Cast, but they do have a feeling of being "superior" when it comes to some aspects.

I think being a stationed ship gave them more freedoms to play around with too.
                I gathered a lot of background info over the years in regards to DS9. It is fascinating how the concept of the show evolved. From what I have read it was their goal right from the start to make DS9 different from TNG. To give it a different feel.
                An interesting fact is, that the writers and producers had plans for some of the characters but the actors took them down a different path. That is nothing too special (happens all the time) but in this case TPTB went with the flow. Sisko for example was supposed to be much more informal. The way he was portrayed by Avery Brooks he surely was not. But when they got feedback from military personnel, telling them that Sisko is far more believable as a military leader, than Picard ever was....they kind of went with the new style.
                Bashir was supposed to be quite different too from what he turned out to be in the end.
                Or the way they dealt with Odo. Rene Auberjonois wasn't given ANY background on his character prior to filming. They already had ideas (the Founders,him being sent out to explore,etc.) but they didn't tell the actor (contrary to all the others). That made for some great moments whenever Odo was asked questions about his whereabouts. He really didn't know....so the confusion that was there, was only part played

LOL, I make way to much money running my family seafood business to teach professionally. Although I do train and teach nutrition to a handful of clients each month at my local 24hr Fitness and Gold's Gym - I get a wonderful feeling of satisfaction that I'm sure most teachers get from passing on knowledge.
                Gym? Oh well.....would have to do that again. Have been neglecting my body far too long. I just can't convince myself to go someplace alone. So the freeweights will have to do for now
                sigpic
                Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                Spoiler:
                Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                  You so know I am gonna so mess this up, i'm gonna get all confused and stuff You know it, and i'm blaming you

NO...How did you guess. But this isn't the reason. I got tired quickly of the Shep/Mckay banter and them acting like kids half the time. I would have loved to have seen more McKay/Teyla scenes. Sadly in the 5 years of SGA there was very few good scenes between them
                  I have attributed the lack of teyla/mckay scenes to the fact that she would have killed him for whining...I know I would have! I loved team eps, but sga quickly deteriorated into Stargate: Shep and Mckay and even more rapidly became Stargate: Mckay and lost me forever!

i agree...I have a few profs that could take lessons from Fifth!

have a wonderful trip Davis. don't waste your time online -- enjoy your family.

Comment

I have attributed the lack of teyla/mckay scenes to the fact that she would have killed him for whining...I know I would have! I loved team eps, but sga quickly deteriorated into Stargate: Shep and Mckay and even more rapidly became Stargate: Mckay and lost me forever!
                    What is the Athosian punishment for killing man-children?

But I missed Teyla towards the end. She just wasn't the same when she wasn't allowed a decent input

Comment

Awww bummer, If you would have told me last week I would have put it off for another week - You can always bring a laptop - I would rather go on vacation than almost anything else.

I don't think I'll have the chance to get on. Maybe, guess we'll see.

And great!

Can't disagree with that. I would've loved to have seen another Carson-centered episode (he only got Poisoning the Well, right?) or more Weir and Teyla-centered ones. I mean, come on guys. What's the other regular cast for? To back up 'the heroes'?

Ah well. I will forever be disappointed with how things turned out in that series. I enjoyed the first 3 seasons, but after that... not so much.
                      sigpic
                      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

If you have the quiz ready as you say why don't we just change the dates. Why not post it on Friday instead of Monday especially because many people don't work on the weekend. I do but only for a few hours. Or you could PM the quiz to brother Descent ahead of everyone else and post his results ahead of time. Just suggestions. Okay I admitt I want to see how brother Descent compares to a Ringer (we agreed I was Ringer, right) like me.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                          What is the Athosian punishment for killing man-children?
                          Cake?
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            Indeed, DS9 excelled at this. We didn't get the same duo all the time which gets tiresome after a while *cough* Shep/McKay *cough*. They mixed it up quite a bit
                            lol I still am not sure whether I liked Atlantis or not. The first couple seasons were rough but by the time Dex showed up it had become at least interesting. I liked most of characters with the exception of one whining Dr. McKay. He was great when watching him lust after Carter in short doses on Stargate, but to literally make his whining the focal point of his character, was just plain annoying. Hopefully SGU will whine-free.

Comment

Originally posted by Weyoun View Post
                              lol I still am not sure whether I liked Atlantis or not. The first couple seasons were rough but by the time Dex showed up it had become at least interesting. I liked most of characters with the exception of one whining Dr. McKay. He was great when watching him lust after Carter in short doses on Stargate, but to literally make his whining the focal point of his character, was just plain annoying. Hopefully SGU will whine-free.
                              OMG you are a man after my own heart. mckay's whining was ANYTHING but funny! there is nothing so pitiful as a 40 year old who still whines!
                              I enjoyed seasons 2 through the first half of season 4 of atlantis... after it became the mckay show, It was too nauseating for me!

Comment

Seems like the vote is just about everyone for DS9 having the best character development and relationships.
                                I would agree with that for the most part. Each Trek series had a core group of very good characters and decent enough recurring characters. DS9 had the advantage of being based on a "space station" so there were a lot more opportunities to introduce a wider variety of both regular and recurring characters.

In my humble opinion DS9 and TNG had the best group of actors, whether you liked there characters or not. DS9 had the best group of recurring characters hands down.
                                OMG you are a man after my own heart. mckay's whining was ANYTHING but funny! there is nothing so pitiful as a 40 year old who still whines!
                                Well thank you madam. I cant argue with the fact that there is something very pathetic about a 40 year old that whines like a little kid. It was amusing watching him get all worked up though.

I do love your McKay/Keller/Dex avatar lady rac, hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X