No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys! Long time no speak! Hope everyone enjoyed the new movie as much as I did (twice so far). Life has been completely insane the last few months between exams and work and choosing my major and life in general, but I hope to be back around on occasion for the rest of summer!

If Gateworld lets me- my internet hates GW for some reason.

And happy birthday Krisz!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      Hi guys! Long time no speak! Hope everyone enjoyed the new movie as much as I did (twice so far). Life has been completely insane the last few months between exams and work and choosing my major and life in general, but I hope to be back around on occasion for the rest of summer!
      Hello Trek Girl, it is so darn nice to see you back on GW and on the superior thread. You have been missed. We kind of figured that "life thing" got in the way of you not being around the last few months.

You missed the whole new Trek movie discussion - I think most of us came to the conclusion that it was better than we expected but hardly the best Trek movie. Personally I liked it a lot, I have also seen it twice and can't wait for the extended cut Blu-Ray version.

Again, I'm so glad you are back and doing good. We will take you any way we can get you here young lady.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
        Hello Trek Girl, it is so darn nice to see you back on GW and on the superior thread. You have been missed. We kind of figured that "life thing" got in the way of you not being around the last few months.

You missed the whole new Trek movie discussion - I think most of us came to the conclusion that it was better than we expected but hardly the best Trek movie. Personally I liked it a lot, I have also seen it twice and can't wait for the extended cut Blu-Ray version.

Again, I'm so glad you are back and doing good. We will take you any way we can get you here young lady.
        For me it surpassed First Contact as my favourite Trek film, which I didn't expect to happen- loved pretty much everything about it. It definitely surpassed my expectations! I'm hoping to go back for a third some time in the next couple weeks dragging a non-Trek-fan friend with me. The second time I went was with my nine-year-old sister and she absolutely LOVED it. It was pretty adorable. Though she was disappointed that she didn't spot the tribble.

Comment

Aye the new trek movie was a lot better than I expected so that was a pleasant surprise. I thought it would be cheesy but it wasn't

And I thought the guy that played Scotty done the accent pretty good and he was pretty funny at times
          sigpic

Comment

For me it surpassed First Contact as my favourite Trek film, which I didn't expect to happen- loved pretty much everything about it. It definitely surpassed my expectations! I'm hoping to go back for a third some time in the next couple weeks dragging a non-Trek-fan friend with me.
            Welcome back Trek Girl! I know what you mean, I wasn't around the forums for almost two years before finally coming back, so no worries.

I loved the new movie (Bones!), although I find it hard to rank it next to the others because it's just so... different. It was more Star Wars than Star Trek, which was more than okay to me.

Then of course, some people are having a hard time accepting the Romulans as being so darn helpless when it comes to a supernova destroying their galaxy.
            sigpic
            "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
            DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
              Welcome back Trek Girl! I know what you mean, I wasn't around the forums for almost two years before finally coming back, so no worries.
              Yeah, I missed this place.

Originally posted by Descent View Post
              I loved the new movie (Bones!), although I find it hard to rank it next to the others because it's just so... different. It was more Star Wars than Star Trek, which was more than okay to me.
              Hmm, that's a good point, I'd partially agree with. I just really love the fact that they've dumped 90% of the techno talk. And the humour was just right. I couldn't believe how funny it was! Though it's amusing, I was discussing it with some of the other women at work and the one complaint that they had was the birth scene- in 200 years with all these advances, and this poor woman is still screaming in agony.

So, are there still quizzes going on around here, or just ep discussions?

Comment

Well Look who's back, it is so nice to see you again Trek_Girl (we missed you). We kind of worried about you a little, but it sounds like life is treating you just fine.

I liked the new Trek movie. I agree with brother Fifth in that it was better than I expected. I would rank it in the middle as far as my favorite Trek movie. It doesn't quite make my top 5 (#6 on my list), but I am glad they all are coming back to make at least one more movie with this group.
                Indeed, you have missed the last 2. Brother Fifth is just about due to put another one out (hint -hint).

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                  Brother Fifth is just about due to put another one out (hint -hint).
                  Didn't we once entertain the notion of making a quiz so brother Fifth can supply the answers instead of the question.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Hi guys! Long time no speak!
                    Hey there Trek_Girl, good to see you back on the superior thread. I hope your family are all well.
                    The USS Defiant Rocks!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Didn't we once entertain the notion of making a quiz so brother Fifth can supply the answers instead of the question.
                      I would be so useless at the quiz....You know why Jel
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I missed this place.

Hmm, that's a good point, I'd partially agree with. I just really love the fact that they've dumped 90% of the techno talk. And the humour was just right. I couldn't believe how funny it was! Though it's amusing, I was discussing it with some of the other women at work and the one complaint that they had was the birth scene- in 200 years with all these advances, and this poor woman is still screaming in agony.

oh and we now have Linda helping us kick around Jelgate!

yep I think Davis suggested taht, but I won't volunteer to do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post

It seems like I'm kicking Linda around more then she is kicking me around.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post

*nods head*

It seems like I'm kicking Linda around more then she is kicking me around.
                            *throws electric eel down Jel's trousers*
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post

*throws electric eel down Jel's trousers*
                              Personal space Linda
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

If Gateworld lets me- my internet hates GW for some reason.

And happy birthday Krisz!
                                Thanks for the birthday wishes.

It's good to see you back again, I was thinking the other day we hadn't seen you for a while but RL has a habit of interrupting, so understandable!

I've had problems with GW throwing me out at times when I try to reply to posts.

I really liked the new Trek movie, more than I expected and wouldn't mind seeing the 'new' gang in action again.

Comment

Working...
                                X