Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
    THAT was my problem with the Prime Directive... very convenient... break it or not break it, there is no consequences.
    Very true, Rac. It was just there to add some suspense and create a "Ohhh but the prime directive says we shouldn't... I don't know..." kind of situation.
    sigpic
    "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
    DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      It could be worse. Think about the Temporal Prime Directive
      ARRRRRRGGGHHHH no wonder Captain Braxton wanted to Kill Janeway!

Comment

ARRRRRRGGGHHHH no wonder Captain Braxton wanted to Kill Janeway!
        They should of worked together and killed Captain Kirk
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

It could be worse. Think about the Temporal Prime Directive
          ahhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooooooo....You didn't just say that...YO. DIDN'T. JUST. SAY. THAT
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            ahhhhhhhhhhhhh noooooooooooooooooooooooo....You didn't just say that...YO. DIDN'T. JUST. SAY. THAT
            he only said it to distract us from his puddle over there>>>>>>>>>>>
            do you have the mop?

Comment

Is time travel too complicated for your fish like mind?
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                You would have made a fine Captain Lady Linda. Look at the history of Starfleet Captains - Kirk, Picard and Janeway broke the prime directive many times. Sisko was guilty only a couple times, and Starfleet didn't have a prime directive when Archer was Captain. Even though the Prime Directive was there in place, not to many people lost there jobs when they needed to break it, as it should have been.
                Heh...they did tend to ignore it when it suited them, didn't they?

I suppose the truth of the matter is that a real Prime Directive would go on to have "except in the case of imminent genocide...See subsection 47, paragraph three..."

I always had an image of a planet about to suffer some terrible catastrophe - say a planet of about our current technological level, fighting their way through a deadful, dark age, plagued by disease that wipes out huge chunks of the population, somehow dragging themselves back from the edge, gradually putting their civilisation back together, achieving warp and making their way out into the stars, only to discover that the galaxy is populated by smug eejits who stood there and watched while it happened...

I know who my first war would be with.

Comment

he only said it to distract us from his puddle over there>>>>>>>>>>>
                  do you have the mop?
                  Mop???? Where did I put that mop? *wanders off babbling to self looking for mop*

Is time travel too complicated for your fish like mind?
                  Time travel, not so much....Temporal prime directives, HELL YEAH
                  sigpic

Comment

Mop???? Where did I put that mop? *wanders off babbling to self looking for mop*
                    I was using it last time when to clean the floor from Lady Rac's drool. I will never post a Riker pic again
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I was using it last time when to clean the floor from Lady Rac's drool. I will never post a Riker pic again
                      I was wondeing why it was so slippery in here!
                      sigpic

Comment

we don't bite.... but you do have to watch out for Jelgate... he still "puddles" on the floor when excited!
                        Hmm, so that's why the floor smells.......

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
                          What annoyed me more than the Prime Directive itself (which has some logic to it) was the episodes in Enterprise where they tried to illustrate why we needed it. Meh..."Yes, we have the technology to help these people who are dying out because of some genetic flaw, but we think that these people over here are the next evolutionary step on this planet, so we'll just give the sick ones some palliative care and let them die!" <insert grouchy face here>
                          That decision is one of the Trek moments that honestly sickens me. I argued this before on this thread... but Archer wasn't far enough into his career in deep space to condemn an entire race to extinction [not that ANYONE should EVER reach that point, plus it was the WRONG decision. I'd love if, after the first species became extinct, something happens to kill the second, something the first species could have averted if it had survived.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                            I'd love if, after the first species became extinct, something happens to kill the second, something the first species could have averted if it had survived.
                            ...that was my secret evil wish too...

Don't know why they always assume that two races couldn't live together in relative peace and/or harmony. No, the one had to perish for the other to survive. Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Colonel Davis View Post
                              Hmm, so that's why the floor smells.......
                              yep we've tried pine-sol, mr. clean, and that odor just won't go away. we just have to find someone to potty-train the lil darlin'.

Comment

yep we've tried pine-sol, mr. clean, and that odor just won't go away. we just have to find someone to potty-train the lil darlin'.
                                Speaking of that, I would not recomend Alliance Mtn Dew Game Fuel, it turns something of yours green..........

Freaking wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X