Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Descent View Post
    So do I (but Jel really really doesn't ). He's one of the few (maybe only) Ferengi characters I can stand for more than a couple minutes. So yeah, DS9 had zero terrible regular characters. Kudos to that.
    Ooh a big fat ZERO....Now that is saying something

She also had horrible taste when it came to men (Neelix).
    Didn't she just
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      Ooh a big fat ZERO....Now that is saying something
      Jake, Quark. And then their is DS9's huge recurring cast I could get into.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I like Quark And I didn't mind Jake once he grew up

Recurring doesn't count
        sigpic

Comment

Jake was fine (especially once he grew up a bit). Easily better than Wesley... Nor The Battle To The Strong was a powerful/great episode for him. Not one of the best, but he was pretty decent and his relationship with his father was deftly handled.

Rom, any other Ferengi character (Brunt was OK though, Jeffrey Combs can do no wrong) and Leeta are the only "bad" recurring characters in my book...
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I like Quark And I didn't mind Jake once he grew up

Recurring doesn't count
            Did you take some of Lady Rac's bettle snuf?

But their were some recuriing characters in DS9 that had a more crucial role then the main cast
            Jelgate is right

Comment

But their were some recuriing characters in DS9 that had a more crucial role then the main cast
              Dukat comes to mind. And Garak. Dukat was a great bad guy...loved to hate him.

Also...I should probably stop trying to explain time travel.

[But it drives me nuts that Star Trek and Stargate have a straightforward way of dealing with time travel that they largely stick to, and people keep saying "but the new movie is just a parallel universe". No...that's different...]

Comment

WHAT? um no *sniff*

Like Morn
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alder View Post
                  Dukat comes to mind. And Garak. Dukat was a great bad guy...loved to hate him.
                  I think those two count as regulars, really (I'm still surprised that neither of them joined the main cast). Very important/amazing characters. Weyoun and Damar were great as well.

Also...I should probably stop trying to explain time travel.
                  It's hopeless trying to make sense of it all, isn't it?

Like Morn
                  Hey! He did get his own episode, that counts for something... right?
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey! He did get his own episode, that counts for something... right?
                    Yep he did He faked his own death and poor Quark got stuck in the middle
                    sigpic

Comment

Like Morn
                      That reminds of the time brother Fifth introduced the concept of character based questions to his quizes. He asked us for suggestions. I suggested Morn the character who never stops talking despite never having a line of dialouge. Brother Fifth said no
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

That reminds of the time brother Fifth introduced the concept of character based questions to his quizes. He asked us for suggestions. I suggested Morn the character who never stops talking despite never having a line of dialouge. Brother Fifth said no
                        Oh you can't get a word in edgeways with Morn
                        sigpic

Comment

It's hopeless trying to make sense of it all, isn't it?
                          Heh...the thing is, I'm a natural 'nitpicker'.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nitpickers-G...4661817&sr=8-1

But the rule is, you can only nitpick from inside the story. So you can't say "Oh, but transporters shouldn't work because of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle", because Star Trek transporters have a "Heisenberg Compensator" to...um...deal...with that. <don't ask how!> And you can't say "Oh, but nothing can go faster than light, so warp speed is stupid" because in Star Trek the warp bubble lets them circumvent that basic law of physics.

However, you can criticise stuff from the inside...like..."They let that alien beam right onto the bridge? What was Worf thinking? I could've got the shields up quicker than that!" or..."So they didn't know which of the two Bashirs was the real one...why didn't they just shoot them both on heavy stun...and then they'd know?"

Personally, I love how - more from Next Generation on - the writers of Star Trek tried really hard to stick to existing science, or be consistent with the stuff that they had to make up. (Except when a story was just too cool to ignore. ) The parallel universe/time travel thing get tricky because there's a big grey area where real science and science-fiction meet and blur. Probably be a lot clearer if it was entirely fictional!

Comment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nitpickers-G...4661817&sr=8-1

But the rule is, you can only nitpick from inside the story. So you can't say "Oh, but transporters shouldn't work because of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle", because Star Trek transporters have a "Heisenberg Compensator" to...um...deal...with that. <don't ask how!> And you can't say "Oh, but nothing can go faster than light, so warp speed is stupid" because in Star Trek the warp bubble lets them circumvent that basic law of physics.

However, you can criticise stuff from the inside...like..."They let that alien beam right onto the bridge? What was Worf thinking? I could've got the shields up quicker than that!" or..."So they didn't know which of the two Bashirs was the real one...why didn't they just shoot them both on heavy stun...and then they'd know?"

Personally, I love how - more from Next Generation on - the writers of Star Trek tried really hard to stick to existing science, or be consistent with the stuff that they had to make up. (Except when a story was just too cool to ignore. ) The parallel universe/time travel thing get tricky because there's a big grey area where real science and science-fiction meet and blur. Probably be a lot clearer if it was entirely fictional!
                            I take the Janeway approach when it comes to time travel.
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I take the Janeway approach when it comes to time travel.
                              What's the Janeway aproach?
                              sigpic

Comment

Yikes. That is a good rule. Unlike some of the other hardcore Trek fans, I hate discussing that kind of stuff anyways. That is not what I'm interested in when it comes to Trek. Unfortunately, people who don't understand that seem to think everyone who likes Trek is into discussing that kind of stuff. Hmph.

Yes, that is much more reasonable (and less 'techy' the better I say ).

Heh yeah, I guess technobabble is what makes Trek "Trek"... I don't really care for it. It's just a means to describe/explain what is going on and that is it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X