Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anubis69
    I think he said that he, understandably, felt unloved and that he wasn't good enough. That just didn't measure up to their expectations so they had him genetically enhanced. Then, if i remember right, his mother and father put forward the argument that seeing their son struggling through life, barely living was too horrible and how they wanted him to have some sort of life...
    That scene where Julian confronts his parents and his father in particular about how he didn't have a choice if he wanted to genetically advanced because he was to young to make his own mind up and how Julian felt that his parents took away his original essence of life was powerful stuff!. Personally I sided with Julian but his parents argument was valid. I also got the feeling his parents did this as much for themselves as they did for Julian even though his father denied that.

tact the EMH was still "the doctor" from Voyager. (I'm a doctor, not a doorstop! ) According to memory alpha's time line FC occurs before "Doctor Bashir, I Presume?". The only other time i can remember an EMH was in "Message in A Bottle" when the Mk II was in charge of the Prometheus.

EDIT: I just read this.
    "By 2376, the Mark II had been replaced by a Mark III, followed by a Mark IV."

So yeah, either of those could've been Bashir as i remember in that ep the EMH's creater said he wasn't using his own image anymore etc.
    I read the same thing on Wiki that you did brother Anubis 69. So I assume that the Bashir hologram was used at some point. I seem to remember reading in one of the Star Trek novels that a Bashir or an even more advanced hologram Dr. was in full use of long range mission ships.

I have said this a couple of times on here recently and I'll say it many more. I need to get out more!
    LOL, you and me both....You are such a big part of this thread my friend, I truly enjoy your takes and opinions of whatever we are talking about on any particular day. Don't you dare disappear on us!
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

man i can't wait until school is out for the summer so i can start watching trek during the day again
      i'd rather was sisko than try to get a bunch of 3rd graders to take a spelling test.

PS: why did SPike change the air times? they kicked everything back 1 hour? WHY! it throws everything off.

Comment

Well in First Contact the EMH was still "the doctor" from Voyager.
        I'm figuring that the Doctor who designed the Picardo EMH had such a big ego (which he seems to have imprinted on the EMH), he couldn't bring himself to actually use the Bashir model.

Comment

Well for the Mk II he changed it. In an episode of Voyager the one where the doctor goes through the transfer thing (midas array is it?) to his creater's lab, for some reason or another. There his creater tells him the story about why he's so bitter about the Mk I and as it turns out they were pretty flawed and became quickly redundant (now doing jobs that humans can't do). Needless to say, he the hated the fact his face was associated with something so embaressing. Or something to that effect. And like i said above, "First Contact" took place before "Doctor Bashir, I Presume?" and i assume before that ep of Voyager.

EDIT: The episode of Voyager is "Life Line" and took place in S6 of Voyager (2376). First Contact took place in mid 2373 and "Doctor Bashir, I Presume" takes place not long after that. So in the 3 years between the 2 episodes the Mk II, III and IV all were in service...
          Last edited by Anubis69; 10 June 2006, 03:01 AM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610
            I'm figuring that the Doctor who designed the Picardo EMH had such a big ego (which he seems to have imprinted on the EMH), he couldn't bring himself to actually use the Bashir model.
            LOL that a very logical conclusion after seeing what a swarmy and arrogant guy the real Dr. Zimmerman is.

It was kind of obvious that Dr. Zimmerman wasn't very happy about having to do another EMH based on someone other than himself. He was trying to find ways to embarrass and demean Julian all through that episode.
            Last edited by Starbase; 10 June 2006, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Well for the Mk II he changed it. In an episode of Voyager the one where the doctor goes through the transfer thing (midas array is it?) to his creater's lab, for some reason or another. There his creater tells him the story about why he's so bitter about the Mk I and as it turns out they were pretty flawed and became quickly redundant (now doing jobs that humans can't do). Needless to say, he the hated the fact his face was associated with something so embaressing. Or something to that effect. And like i said above, "First Contact" took place before "Doctor Bashir, I Presume?" and i assume before that ep of Voyager.
              That episode was rather funny with the scene where the now retired EMH's from Starfleet were put on waste disposal clean up or scrubbing the inside of toxic waste tanks....LOL....

Comment

Here's a trivia question. Is the EMH doctor/creator the only Trek character to appear on Voyager, DS-9 and with Next Gen (in First Contact) ?

Comment

Here's a trivia question. Is the EMH doctor/creator the only Trek character to appear on Voyager, DS-9 and with Next Gen (in First Contact) ?
                  OK to get the question straight are you asking what other character other than the EMH appeared on DS9, VOY and TNG and also First Contact, all 4?

And is there a character or more that did appear on all 3 series including First Contact, without giving away the answer of course.

/\/\ Clarify this /\/\ for me kmiller and I will try to figure it out without any wiki or google help.

Comment

I was just thinking of the two series and the movie. I know that if you are thinking all Trek and limit the discussion to voice only or voice and character that it's no contest.

So to simplify, just VOY, DS-9 and First Contact ......

Comment

i miss this thread

Comment

Hmmmm, I know Riker and Picard were both in First Contact, TNG, DS9 and ENT but not sure he ever made an appearance on VOY.

And Vaughn Armstrong with the exception of TOS appeared in all the series and a few of the movies, but he wasn't a regular character.

I have to think about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                          i miss this thread
                          We miss you around Morbo.

By the way, Happy Birthday, I'm sending you some green

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase
                            Hmmmm, I know Riker and Picard were both in First Contact, TNG, DS9 and ENT but not sure he ever made an appearance on VOY.
                            Ah yes, you're 100% correct. I was just about to post and say that Riker had appeared in all four - TNG, DS9, VOY and First Contact. I had forgot about the Enterprise finale.

The Voyager episode Riker briefly appeared in was "Death Wish." He was wisked aboard by Q2 to testify for him in his hearing.

Hey, Happy Birthday Morbo.
                            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I was just thinking of the two series and the movie. I know that if you are thinking all Trek and limit the discussion to voice only or voice and character that it's no contest.

So to simplify, just VOY, DS-9 and First Contact ......
                              Riker was in all three, not Picard, he was never in Voyager. My next guess would be Barclay- did he ever appear in DS9? (he had a cameo in First Contact)

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                                Ah yes, you're 100% correct. I was just about to post and say that Riker had appeared in all four - TNG, DS9, VOY and First Contact. I had forgot about the Enterprise finale.

The Voyager episode Riker briefly appeared in was "Death Wish." He was wisked aboard by Q2 to testify for him in his hearing.
                                I had a feeling Riker was in Voyager but I couldn't put my finger on it till you just reminded me, well done and good call brother MF, you da man!

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                                Barclay, did he ever appear in DS9? (he had a cameo in First Contact)
                                I wondered the same thing when I read kmiller's question, Barclay, Picard, Riker, Data, Q and few other came to mind, I had a feeling it was Riker. I do not remember Barclay on DS9.

Riker (Jonathan Frakes) directed quite a few episodes from the various Trek series.
                                Last edited by Starbase; 10 June 2006, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X