Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
    Excellent, I heard Avery Brook's (Sisko) talk at a ST convention in San Francisco years ago. Between Worf and Sisko who has the better and deeper voice?

I would be very interested in what Sisko has to say if anything and if hes there to promote anything in paticular?. I would appreciate any kind of report on this Fristfox
    I've said it before and I'll say it again you do not leave the room with Sisko having won the argument. I'm not sure you can find a single scene he was beaten in an argument except by Cassidy Yeates.

Hirogen, Quark showed his softside in the previous occupation. The big softie sold Bajoran refugees food at close to cost price.

Fifth Race, is it you who wants to organise the episode discussion? When do you want to get it going?

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
      Wow this was much more tough than I thought.

Martok- I think he is my favorite character on DS9. I loved that he was a common man that rose to a position of controlling the entire Empire. He knew what was right and seemed to me that he wouldn't become corrupt. If I were a Klingon in that Universe, I would be honored to fight for him.

Garak - I actually felt sorry for Garak, even though he probably did some horrible things while with the OO.

Sisko- I feel that Sisko and Janeway belong to a different era of Captain than Picard. They are willing to do what is necessary to accomplish their goal (Pale Moonlight, Equinox).

I can't believe I am going to say this but, Quark. He was such a jacka** for awhile but when the war broke out he put aside all his mental conditioning of business first, and saved his brother and helped save the Quadrant.

That's all I can think of at the moment, if I think of another I will add them.

Excellent choices Hirogen Gater!. I debated whether I wanted to make Martok my favorite character as well. Martok is my favorite Klingon (even more so than Worf). He put an in depth face on Klingons, he was smart, resonable willing to change his views while all the while keeping his Klingons ideals, great actor, greater character!.

Garak and Sisko are at the top of my list as well, Sisko was a go getter, he did do basically anything to achieve a goal, and in the episode "In the Pale Moonlight" he showed and proved it.

Quark was extremely annoying to me in the early seasons of DS9 (as are all Ferengi), but after getting to know him and him becoming a more prominant character he grew on me and eventually made my list.

Thanx for posting up some choices HirogenGater, please add new one on a new reply anytime!, Characterization is one of the best things about DS9.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf Eire
        I've said it before and I'll say it again you do not leave the room with Sisko having won the argument. I'm not sure you can find a single scene he was beaten in an argument except by Cassidy Yeates.

Hirogen, Quark showed his softside in the previous occupation. The big softie sold Bajoran refugees food at close to cost price.
        LOL on the Quark comment Wolf!

Sisko rarely lost an arguement to anyone other than Kassidy or Jake. Ben, Sisko's father did a good job of getting to Sisko.

Originally posted by wolf eire
        Fifth Race, is it you who wants to organise the episode discussion? When do you want to get it going?
        Yes, brother Fifth and I are gonna kick start the episode discussion next week Wolf. I am currently watching Fifth's season one and I am almost done, so I am giving it back to him to brush up on before this weekend.

I am currently making notes of the episodes I find the most interesting for discussion, although I am sure Fifth and anyone else will have there picks for discussion. I am looking forward to this alot, especially with you in the mix now Wolf .

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf Eire

Good synopsis Wolf!, Sisko was very good at arguing whether he used his intelligence or his macho intimidation to get what he wanted.

Quark was a true Ferengi at heart, but I think after living and working on DS9 for all those years he adjusted his ways to make the most money. He knew he had to be a kinder and gentler Quark to be successful on DS9. Remember when he finally agreed to let the waitress keep a bigger % of there tips and even agreed to pay increases

Monday I will throw out some of my season I favorite episodes for discussion brother Wolf. I like brother Starbases suggestion he made to me personally about hand picking favorite or important episodes to discuss instead of breaking down each and every one. I would like to do it season by season though.

Any suggestions from any of our DS9 brethern out there about anything we can do to make this the best damn ST thread ever, feel free to suggest away!.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I don't want to toot our own horn here, but *beep beep*. This already is the best ST thread ever anyway! Anything from now can only take it further from "the norm". This thread is great though. It's also great when you call folk "Brother (name)". Makes it sound like a cult....

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
              I don't want to toot our own horn here, but *beep beep*. This already is the best ST thread ever anyway! Anything from now can only take it further from "the norm". This thread is great though. It's also great when you call folk "Brother (name)". Makes it sound like a cult....
              I totally agree brother Anubis69! . You are definetly part of the brotherhood my friend. This is not only the 'DS9 superior thread', this is my favorite ST thread (I love anything ST, especially DS9)!. Fifth Race (David) I know feels the same way about DS9, he loaned me his all his seasons of DS9 on DVD so I could brush up. I am trying to get my wife to join in the discussion, she is a total scifi freak like we all are here and has this thing for the men of ST She is currently watching season II with me now.

DS9 was and is a very smart show besides it being a ST franchise or scifi show. Personally I never get tired of watching or discussing it, especially with a good core group of fellow DS9 fans here at GW. Things are gonna get even better!.

Comment

Thanks brother Starbase. (EDIT: and cheers for the green ) You guys are all legends!!

That's a point, only guys seem to visit this thread.... *wonders why*

Comment

Thanks brother Starbase. (EDIT: and cheers for the green ) You guys are all legends!!

That's a point, only guys seem to visit this thread.... *wonders why*

Nah, I'm a girlie (hm, well, shall we say, mature lady) and I'm a huge Niner.

FF
                  sigpic

Comment

FF is a great DS9 fan, she has contributed nicely to the 'superior thread' .

Brother Anubis69, you are truly one of the elite DS9 brethern!. You ready for sopme episode discussion. Brother Starbase and I will kick it off Monday or Tuesday next week my friend.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox
                      Nah, I'm a girlie (hm, well, shall we say, mature lady) and I'm a huge Niner.

FF

Yeah, girls on the superior thread

Please join us next week for some episode discussion Frosty Fox.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                        FF is a great DS9 fan, she has contributed nicely to the 'superior thread' .

Brother Anubis69, you are truly one of the elite DS9 brethern!. You ready for sopme episode discussion. Brother Starbase and I will kick it off Monday or Tuesday next week my friend.
                        Excellent. I may not know a lot about the early ones, and probably lurk for the first while but i'll do some research but i look forward to reading what you guys and gals say.

Comment

DS9 was my favourite tv show ever for a long time so def. the best trek for me. But BSG has taken it's place of best tv/ scifi show.

Comment

Excellent. I may not know a lot about the early ones, and probably lurk for the first while but i'll do some research but i look forward to reading what you guys and gals say.

I will throw out a a few season I episodes on Tuesday brudder Anubis with a brief synopsis and my take on said episodes. Please do join us my friend!.
                            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by scifi maniac
                              DS9 was my favourite tv show ever for a long time so def. the best trek for me. But BSG has taken it's place of best tv/ scifi show.

Excellent scifi maniac, DS9 was and still is my favorite scifi/regular TV show ever. Please join us on Tuesday for some episode discussion,

Also if you would, please post up your top 5 or top 10 alltime favorite DS9 characters and a brief explanation of why. I would appreciate it.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I'm running a couple day behind in watching season I, so I am not quite ready for episode discussion. Maybe brother Starbase will throw a few episodes out to start things up.
                                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                                X